PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Welveses in a siege.

Malen Kharn
02-08-2006, 12:24
I have never played a siege in this addition of fantasy, and in my first one i am attacking with wood elves. Is it possible to win?

I have everything in the wood elf army apart from eternal guard, and was thinking of also taking some mercenary bezerkers.

I am up against a khorne warrior army.

Thanks, Malen

Neknoh
02-08-2006, 12:34
Ok, this will be a rough one, you will want to bring the walls down, you have absolutely nothing that can contend with the Khornate warriors on the ramparts.

What could be done would be to use The Hidden Path on a unit of Wild Riders or Treekin to start mopping up the courtyard whilst you use the Lore of Life and Master of Stone on the dudes on the ramparts.

You will still want to knock down the gate and flood in wardancers.

You could send a unit or two of dryads to keep the walls occupied, but don't count on much here

cookiescrumble
02-08-2006, 12:37
At least he won't be shooting at you, take the lore of life and hope for master of stone.

Malen Kharn
02-08-2006, 13:22
What could be done would be to use The Hidden Path on a unit of Wild Riders or Treekin to start mopping up the courtyard

that brings up an intresting point. If i try this, do i ignore the wall completly or walk up and over the walls asif there dificult ground. It could make a big differance if theres a nasty khorny unit on the battlements. I am reluctant to rely on magic because:
A. Khorne have far too many dispell dice to be healthy.
B. To use the lore of loren i cant have a lord on a dragon to eat stuff on walls.

As i said i have never played a siege in this addition so is it worth taking any shooting (bows), will a treeman be any use (attacking stuff on the walls, or knocking them down) and can treekin use ladders/mount battlements?

Thanks, Malen

Voltaire
02-08-2006, 13:32
Oh, oh, look here;

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43769

I did a big siege guide.

Malen Kharn
02-08-2006, 13:40
True, but theres little in there that applies. I have no warmachines to bring down walls, no heavy armour troops to throw onto the battlements. He has nothing to shoot at me with.

Plus i didnt want to add this to your thread and make it race specific.

Malen

Voltaire
02-08-2006, 14:02
Do you have Eagles or Treemen?

Malen Kharn
02-08-2006, 15:23
I do, none un-riden, 6 warhawks, 2 nobles on eagles, 1 mage on eagle and a single tree.

Voltaire
02-08-2006, 17:48
Use as many flying units and your Treeman. Make sure you take a few archers but throw as many units as is possible up the walls. If you have units etc on the walls and in the keep you stand a better chance of winning. Also try and tempt the khorne warriors out the castle using Frenzy.

J6mnik
03-08-2006, 11:04
True, but theres little in there that applies. I have no warmachines to bring down walls, no heavy armour troops to throw onto the battlements. He has nothing to shoot at me with.

Malen
Check "The General's Compendium Book". There you can find many addintional ideas for playing a siege, for example optional war machines for EACH army, interessing castle upgrades etc.
I wrote article about expanding siege rules, but it's unfortunately not in english.
Good luck!