PDA

View Full Version : the eldar and necrons, the aquila

heretics bane
02-08-2006, 18:23
hi,why do the necrons hide when there is a strong eldar presence my reverance is the shiled that was present on lorn five that was discovered during gabriels angelous blood trials then accedently destroyed .

Sybaronde
02-08-2006, 20:05
Is there a question in this topic somehow or.. hmm?

cav da man
02-08-2006, 20:16
"why do necrons hide from strong eldar presences?" is hiding away in there somewhere

Mechanicus
02-08-2006, 20:24
I haven't got DoW: Winter Assault, but the Necrons retreat once their objectives are met. If they've got what they want, they'll leave.

And besides, the Necrons do have logic; if they're facing a force too large for them to handle, they will retreat to their tomb for re-inforcements.

Twisted Ferret
02-08-2006, 20:25
Sign of aquila - I think it's that vaguely bird-like shape you can make with your hands crossed over your chest, palms facing inward, and thumbs touching each other. It's hard to describe, but if no one else can do a better job I'll take a picture of myself making it. :p

BrainFireBob
02-08-2006, 20:30
As a child, I remember learning a hymn going "if I could be a butterfly, I'd thank the Lord that I had wings, if I could be a fish in the sea," etc., with the same gesture- with flapping- for butterfly. Cross at the wrists, palms toward face, twine the thumbs. Flap and move upwards to indicate butterfly.

Which is why I've always liked the "sign of the aquila," because I always see them as flapping. Fear the butterfly!

Twisted Ferret
02-08-2006, 20:35
Behold my artistic mastery:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/Twisted_Ferret/behold.jpg

Shaper Shakra
02-08-2006, 20:38
Where does the aquila come in? Was that even asked?

"my reverance is the shiled that was present on lorn five that was discovered during gabriels angelous blood trials then accedently destroyed ."

What does that mean?!? Is this a P.W.I.?

Mechanicus
02-08-2006, 20:42
Lorn five (Or Lorn V), as far as I can google, is the planet from Dawn of War. That's as much as I can get from it, not having played the game.

Twisted Ferret
02-08-2006, 20:44
Where does the aquila come in? Was that even asked?
Yeah, before he edited his original post. Note the title of the thread, too.

Stahlgeist
02-08-2006, 20:45
I think the thumbs are supposed to cross at the base, so the "eagle's heads" (ie the thumb tips) face in both directions, like the double-headed eagle in the usual Imperial Aquila symbol...

heretics bane
02-08-2006, 21:13
ok i think i got it, but why are the necrons afraid of the eldar??

Stahlgeist
02-08-2006, 21:17
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13297

This thread has some good ideas...

Vosk
02-08-2006, 23:04
Wow that thread brings back some memories.

Can't make head nor tails of the original post, so I'll throw a few thoughts in on what has been said by others (and where I think the OP was going).

The Soulstone used in Winter Assault is actually the means by which the Eldar power a fantastic energy weapon which they use to bring down the otherwise unstoppable Monoliths. This goes nicely with the idea of Soulstones being used to power Wraith constructs, the Blackstones and so on.

So it is not really the Soulstones themselves which are destroying the Necrons (or the C'tan), but the devices they empower.

As far as Souls and Psychics damaging the Necrons and Necrons being "vulnerable" to all that Warp-based nonsense, it is not really a question of vulnerability. More like the Necrons and C'tan don't have any defence against it because they have nothing like it themselves. It's like a Farseer using his powers to blast away a rock. The rock isn't "vulnerable" to psychic power - it just sits there and takes it, because it is a rock.