PDA

View Full Version : The Mob [Help With Home-made Gang]

warpscum
02-08-2006, 23:03
[NEW UPDETED LIST 3 AUGUST 2006]

I would appreciate some help with this home-made gang.
Please point out thing which are confusing, strange, odd, things I have forgot and so on.

. . . : : :The Mob : : : . . .
: - : - : - : Special Rules : - : - : - :
None so far…

: - : - : - : Creating the Mob : - : - : - :

• You start 1000 Credits to Recruit Fighters with.
• One Capo. No more, no less!
• Minimum 3 Fighters.
• Can include as many Mobsters as you can afford.
• No more than two “Hand men”. One “left hand man”, one “right hand man”.
• Knives: All fighters carry a free knife, even if not modeled.

Capo
Cost: 150 Credits
Type: Leader

M: 4
WS: 4
BS: 4
S: 3
T: 3
W: 1
I: 4
A: 1
LD: 8

Weapons: The Capo may be armed with weapons chosen from Hand-To-Hand, Pistols, Basic, Grenades & Ammo, Handmen Only, Capo Only lists.

Experience: As a longtime boss in the underworld of the Underhive he starts with 101 XP instead of 61XP. His advances are NOT included in his profile; roll two times on the Advance Roll Table (P. 87 ORB). Make these rolls at the start of the Battle (the first one, in a campaign) so your opponent can see the results. Otherwise he gains XP as a leader.

Leader: Always counts as having a fried within 2”. Friends within 6” can use his Leadership when to test leadership based tests, this does NOT apply if the Capo is “down” or “broken”.

Hand Man
Cost: 125 Credits
Type: Heavy

WS: 4
BS: 4
I: 3
LD: 7

Weapons: A Hand Man may be armed with weapons chosen from Hand-To-Hand, Pistols, Basic, Grenades & Ammo, Handmen Only lists.

Experience: As a longtime bodyguard to the Capo of the Underhive he starts with 101 XP instead of 61XP. His advances are NOT included in his profile; roll two times on the Advance Roll Table (P. 87 ORB). Make these rolls at the start of the Battle (the first one, in a campaign) so your opponent can see the results. Otherwise he gains XP as a heavy.

Ballistic Skill Limit: When you roll for the “Free” Advances, a model CAN NOT increase his BS to more than 4. Re-roll all results of Increased BS when you reach this level. This only applies to these “Free” Roll Advances. In a Campaign, models can increase their BS to more than 4, but not more than the Maximun Characteristics allowed for normal gang (P. 87 ORB).

Mobster
Cost: 60 Credits
Type: Ganger

WS: 3
BS: 3
I: 3
LD: 7

Weapons: A Mobster may be armed with weapons chosen from Hand-To-Hand, Pistols, Basic, Grenades & Ammo lists.

Experience: As a longtime master criminal in the Underhive he starts with 41 XP instead of 21XP. His advances are NOT included in his profile; roll two times on the Advance Roll Table (P. 87 ORB). Make these rolls at the start of the Battle (the first one, in a campaign) so your opponent can see the results. Otherwise he gains XP as a ganger.

Ballistic Skill Limit: When you roll for the “Free” Advances, a model CAN NOT increase his BS to more than 4. Re-roll all results of Increased BS when you reach this level. This only applies to these “Free” Roll Advances. In a Campaign, models can increase their BS to more than 4, but not more than the Maximun Characteristics allowed for normal gang (P. 87 ORB).

: - : - : - : Mob Armory : - : - : - :
This counts as a House List when buying weapons in a Trading Post.

Sawed-Off Shotgun
Cost: 10 Credits
Pistol weapon
Range Short: 0-4”
Range Long: 4-10”
To Hit Short: As Shell
To Hit Long: As Shell
Strength: As Shell
Damage: 1
Save Mod.: -1
Ammo Roll: 4+
Special: See Shotgun Special Rules.

Special Shell (Sawed Off-Only): Magnum Solid Slug Shell:
Cost: 10 Credits
Pistol weapon
Range Short: 0-4”
Range Long: 4-10”
To Hit Short: -
To Hit Long: -2
Strength: 5
Damage: 2
Save Mod.: -2
Ammo Roll: Special
Special Rules: When it takes an Ammo Roll, it will Explode automatically.

--------------------------------------------------

Hand-To-Hand Weapons:
• Knife First Free/ 5 Credits
• Baseball Bat (Club) 10 Credits

Pistols:
• Autopistol 15 Credits
• Laspistol 15 Credits
• Stub Gun 10 Credits

Basic:
• Autogun 20 Credits
• Lasgun 25 Credits
• Shotgun 20 Credits

Grenades & Ammo:
• Frag Grenade 30 Credits
• Krak Grenades 50 Credits
• Man-stopper Shotgun Shell 5 Credits
• Hot-shot Shotgun Shell 5 Credits
• Bolt Shotgun Shell 15 Credits
• Dum-Dum bullets For Stub Gun 5 Credits

Handmen Only:
• Boltgun 35 Credits
• Bolt Pistol 25 Credits
• Sawed-Off Shotgun 10 Credits

Capo Only:
• Plasma Pistol 25 Credits

: - : - : - : Skills : - : - : - :
This is the skill tables which different members of the Mob can use. On rolls of 2 and 12, they are free to pick any table just as normal gangs.
The Capo: Agility, Combat, Ferocity, Shooting, Stealth, Techno

Hand Man: Combat, Ferocity, Muscle, Shooting, Techno

Mobster: Combat, Ferocity, Muscle, Shooting, Stealth

: - : - : - : Territories : - : - : - :
The Mob starts with these territories. They should however have only 5 territories at the start in total.

• Bar & Restaurant: You will earn D6x15 from the customers
• Drug Facility: Specify which ganger who collects income from this Territory. Roll a D6.
1: You earn 3D6x10 Credits. Due to all the attention the Enforcers are paying to this place now, you decide to go legal. This only gives you D6x10 Credits each time you decide to visit it from now on.
2: You earn 2D6x10 Credits.
3-5: You earn D6x10 Credits.
6: The Enforcers make a Hit at the Drug Facility. You earn nothing and you lose this Territory and can’t visit it again. Roll a D6. On 4-6, the ganger who collected income will be Captured by the Arbitrator. You can’t try to Rescue him, you must pay his price it Credits to get him back or he will be put in prison. No-one gets your money; just remove his cost from your stash. On a roll of 1, the ganger escapes and gets D6 experience. On all other rolls the ganger escapes and gets nothing.
: - : - : - : Clarifications : - : - : - :

1. The Mob can’t use Heavy Weapons or Special Weapons. It isn’t their style!
2. The Mob isn’t an Outlaw Gang!
3. “Hand Men” are instead of heavies. When a heavy is requested, use the Hand Man.
4. In all aspects not covered by this file, they count as a normal House Gang, like Van Saar or Escher.
5. A Sawed-Off Shotgun can use Shotgun Shells bought by the model carrying a Sawed-off Shotgun
6. The Ballistic Skill Limit does NOT apply for the Capo.

Damien 1427
02-08-2006, 23:09
Not bad. I was always suprised by the lack of legitimate businessmen in the Underhive.

Might give them a whirl at a later date. But it seems solid, with the massive loss of Special and Heavy Weapons offsetting the (Comparatively minor) advantages that the territory (Which itself seems to have major downsides) and Sawn-Offs bring.

Quin 242
03-08-2006, 00:37
I'm disagreeing wholesale on the two free advances thing.
Let the leader start as a made man instead of as a don. No Don would be out on the street in shootouts. Make him a lieutenant at best. The Don would be the guy that 10-20 of these lowlife gang leaders would report to.
The other flunkies might or might not be true family members tho...
Have the "heavies" be made men as well. The rest would be Soldiers and have some fairly roundabout trash as Flunkies. Hired muscles.

If you want a gang with experience start them off as regular Joe's and let them work it up instead of paying for it at the start.

warpscum
03-08-2006, 09:27
I woun't give up the Free advances, as this Gang are going to controll a town in a campaign, We who's going to use the, wanted them to start more experiencea then normal Gangs.

The name (or title) "The Don" is used by the Gang Leader just for the sound of it. The Mob are experienced but not as big and dangerous as in the 1920 or so(in real life).There, The Don is guy with the highest status around.
And I personally think that "The Don" sounds better than "Lieutenant". But we'll se ;)

Anyway, the names aren't the most important. Is there anything other, really confusing or so?

Damien 1427
03-08-2006, 09:55
I'd imagine Capo is more suitable than Don, as Capos were leaders of crews, which are best compared to a Necromunda gang. The Don would probably closer to a minor House Noble, whilst Capos are probably closer to Gang Leaders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia#Traditional_terminology

At least, according to that completley unbiased and reliable source, Wikipedia. :p

Non-terminology aside, maybe take the Capo down to one Advance, the Heavies maybe one as well. But like I said before, the list is pretty solid and would do well against "normal" gangs. Your best bet is to playtest it as-is a few times, and act upon the results.

warpscum
03-08-2006, 17:41
Damien 1427: Thanks for that!
I think I will call "The Don" for "Capo" instead.

I'll maybee rise the cost of the Capo to 150.

I'll update soon... Actually ... Now!

warpscum
04-08-2006, 09:48
The list is updated now...

Lostanddamned
04-08-2006, 14:29
Having finally seen The Godfather last night (bless you free filmfour) I like this list and may steal it for a necro campaign sometime...

warpscum
04-08-2006, 17:15
Having finally seen The Godfather last night (bless you free filmfour) I like this list and may steal it for a necro campaign sometime...

Feel free to borrow it, and to modify it. That's how this hobby evolves, after all :)

I would really like to see any modified lists, it's a great inspiration source. So i you do, show the rest of us too:D