PDA

View Full Version : when was Angron banished?/how long for?

[SD] Bob Plisskin
03-08-2006, 02:00
hey guys,

I'm planning on a fairly long term project of building a summoning room as a gaming table much in the vein of the black templars ruined chapter keep you can see on the gw uk website. Anywho for narrative purposes such a huge summoning room (6'x4') would require a suitably large daemon to be summoned so I was thinking Angron.

I know he was banished by the grey knights (damn them!) but when was this? it wasn't during the heresy but near then wasn't it, and any case wasn't he banished for something like 666 years or 6666 years?

Anyway fluffwise how flawed is my plan?

cheers

shutupSHUTUP!!!
03-08-2006, 02:09
Angron started the First War for Armageddon. He led a deamon army including some twelve Bloodthirsters, which was eventually defeated by the Imperial Guard, Space Wolves and Grey Knights led by a hardcore Brother-Captain who defeated Angron at the cost of his own soul. The obelisk of Angron or something survives to "this" day in the deep jungles of Armageddon. Since Angron is immortal he could be summoned back if he wished, but it would be difficult, only a sacrifice of plantary or system-spanning proportions could sustain him and only a truly epic battle would be worth the expense.

Shaper Shakra
03-08-2006, 02:12
Angron's pushing it a bit. Why don't you make up your own deamon? You can take as many liberties with it as you like when it's your own story. BTW he was banished for a century and a day.

[SD] Bob Plisskin
03-08-2006, 02:25
so the answer is very flawed then.

I will make up my own daemon prince then, how would one describe a daemon prince who is the size of angrrrth or whatever the dudes name is? what makes him 'unbound' and what's so good about being unbound?

excuse my idiocy please....

Shaper Shakra
03-08-2006, 02:41
What god/gods does he follow?

[SD] Bob Plisskin
03-08-2006, 02:48
khorne...

The board will be used to host battles between my khornate warband and my exorcists successor chapter.

nurgleman
03-08-2006, 02:51
Well first, you should decide what chaos god the deamon prince serves and then you can decide what he/she/combination looks like. Daemon princes usually also fall under a certain aspect of a god. After that, it is chaos, you can go over the top and I suggest you do making the daemon prince truly horrible looking (Tzeentch princes can look beatiful though). A daemon can become unbound and escape quite easily and it usually involves killing the summoners. becoming unbound, lets the daemon wreak unimaginable destruction and do whatever he wants. Bound daemons can't do anything that they want and are usually stuck doing whatever the controller wills. A note, the arrival of daemon prince usually involves at least one person dying a horrible death. Untouchables can interrupt a summoning.

AmasNagol
03-08-2006, 03:18
Just use the Forgeworld Bloodthirster. That's suitably impressive.

[SD] Bob Plisskin
03-08-2006, 03:30
I'm not really bothered about modelling the daemon just figuring out the fluff or narrative for the board and the battles that will take place on it, maybe it could be the first part of a campaign where the dp does come into play but I can't afford a model that big and dont have the time to paint it for atleast 2 years!!

So narrative wise I'm thinking the board could be the summoning chamber for Nazkannoth the first born of khorne, an aincent daemon prince who was banished before the horus heresy by whom it is unknown due to the lack of records dating back to then. that saves me from thinking much!

cheers for all the input so far...

nurgleman
03-08-2006, 03:48
Well there are multiple potential battles for the board. You could have some slaanesh space marines come and try and stop the battle. You could also have battles between servants to have them prove their worth to the daemon. Additionally, You could have battles to slay the daemon or to take control of him. Also, tainting holy places is a strong reagent for chaos magic. You could have it be a holy temple or burial ground for space marines or a saint. I suggest lots of chaoseque runes for whatever you are doing.

Zakuza
03-08-2006, 08:50
An easy idea would be cultists tricked some Imperial Guardsmen into the area where they were used as sacrafices.
Use the forgeworld traps pieces to show their souless rag-doll corpses.
Not to offend but Khornate cults usually lack fluff.
It's more just kinda like some guy got really good at ripping people in half and he became a daemon cause he ripped a saint in half.
They kinda come off as a little dense.

[SD] Bob Plisskin
03-08-2006, 10:49
Not to offend but Khornate cults usually lack fluff.
It's more just kinda like some guy got really good at ripping people in half and he became a daemon cause he ripped a saint in half.

I totaly agree.

One of the reasons I wanna make this board is so I can do something 'different' for my khorne army, they're so bland compared to my other armies *run and kill* .

The guard thing sounds like a cool idea, if I built it into the board it would work even when not fighting guard. Cheers for the input.

ryng_sting
03-08-2006, 13:14
Incidentally Angron was banished for a hundred years and a day.

Malphax
03-08-2006, 17:02
Incidentally Angron was banished for a hundred years and a day.

I was under the impression (from Codex: Armageddon I believe) that it was a *thousand* years and a day. While this seems a little excessive to me, he did singlehandedly fight and kill over a hundred Grey Knights before the whole soul-sacrifice bit, and IIRC there were only about ten GKs left alive on the planet when he got banished.

The "long time span and a day" is pretty common in daemonic lore, and shows up in 40k repeatedly too, like Brother-Captain Stern's nemesis M'kachen showing up every hundred years to have another shot at revenge.

Khaine's Messenger
03-08-2006, 20:15
I was under the impression (from Codex: Armageddon I believe) that it was a *thousand* years and a day.

Well according to the ailing dinosaur that is the Armageddon 3 website, it was a "full hundred years." A thousand years may be a wee bit excessive, as that would put his return well past the turn of the 42nd millenium....

NakedFisherman
03-08-2006, 20:21
Angron started the First War for Armageddon. He led a deamon army including some twelve Bloodthirsters, which was eventually defeated by the Imperial Guard, Space Wolves and Grey Knights led by a hardcore Brother-Captain who defeated Angron at the cost of his own soul. The obelisk of Angron or something survives to "this" day in the deep jungles of Armageddon. Since Angron is immortal he could be summoned back if he wished, but it would be difficult, only a sacrifice of plantary or system-spanning proportions could sustain him and only a truly epic battle would be worth the expense.

The Brother-Captain was named Aurellian. He was from Posul and was fought over by the Mortifactors and Grey Knights for recruitment with the Mortifactors losing the battle.

The background behind the First War for Armageddon is really cool (and, IIRC, it doesn't mention anything about Aurellian losing his soul -- just his life).

Daemonslave
03-08-2006, 20:31
Here you go:

Only the Grey Knights had the ability to truly defeat an entity such as Angron. They arrived just as the Chaos hordes were surging towards Infernus and Helsreach hives. Teleporting directly into the presence of Angron at the center of his Daemon Legion the Grey Knights confronted the Daemon Prince and the score of Greater Daemons that were his bodyguard. It was a battle the like of which had not been seen since the days of the Horus Heresy, and of the 100 Grey Knights that took part, less than a dozen survived the encounter. But in the end they triumphed, hurling Angron's spirit back into the warp from where it was not allowed to return for a hundred years and a day. Simultaneously the Space Wolves launched a massive counter-attack. The forces of Chaos were routed and destroyed.

hundred years and a day it is then.