PDA

View Full Version : Special characters.

Zodiac
03-08-2006, 14:52
I'm sorry if this has already been answered in other thread's, but will there be new models for all of the special characters, we already seen skarsnik and gobbla.. but what of the rest?
(5 in what i've read in the army book discussion)

DeathMasterSnikch
03-08-2006, 15:25
I've heard theres a new Azhag and Gorbad, no news on the others as far as I know. (And I'm a bit dissapointed with Skarsniks new prodder.

DarkWarrior1981
03-08-2006, 17:24
Grimgore will stay the same (great model, btw.).:)

And if they include Grom in the new book, I think there will be a new model too. All of the latest characters are available as minis, actually all 6th ed characters are, as far as I know.

Zodiac
03-08-2006, 18:12
Havent seen Gorbad or Azhag yet.. Though I did see his rules in the WD of this month.. this month was actually worth buying the WD because it's got some nice stuff in there.. (FINALLY) and uhm.. the page turns out to have the title "The orcs are back" You see an army on that page, which ONLY has 2 heroes on boars.. a shaman.. 2 night gobbo reg's and 2 spider rider reg's ..
IS THIS WHAT THEY CALL A RETURN?

BlazeXI
03-08-2006, 18:38
Havent seen Gorbad or Azhag yet.. Though I did see his rules in the WD of this month.. this month was actually worth buying the WD because it's got some nice stuff in there.. (FINALLY) and uhm.. the page turns out to have the title "The orcs are back" You see an army on that page, which ONLY has 2 heroes on boars.. a shaman.. 2 night gobbo reg's and 2 spider rider reg's ..

I hope it does not mean Orcs and Goblins will be returning from battlefields at sixes and sevens...

UltimateNagash
03-08-2006, 19:27
I hope it does not mean Orcs and Goblins will be returning from battlefields at sixes and sevens...
Sorry, I don't get that...:wtf:

Iron Buddha
03-08-2006, 19:43
yeah, i think this is answered in the rumor roundup....

BlazeXI
03-08-2006, 19:57
(...) and uhm.. the page turns out to have the title "The orcs are back" You see an army on that page, which ONLY has 2 heroes on boars.. a shaman.. 2 night gobbo reg's and 2 spider rider reg's ..

Sorry, I don't get that...:wtf:

According to my ANNIHILATOR (http://www.annihilatormetal.com/) "Never, Neverland" album booklet at sixes and sevens is a british phrase meaning at a point of disorder or confusion.

So this was my joke that GW announcing the return of Orcs and Goblins with a handful of minis might unintentially indicate greenskins to be a much weaker army loosing quite often.

asura
03-08-2006, 20:23
Gorbad will be released, I think it will be a great model !!!
Do you think that we will get a new model for Grom ? For my part I hope...

The Judge
03-08-2006, 20:35
Azhag - new Wyvern model?

New WD only had the old one in... bah!

asura
03-08-2006, 21:01
I think Gorbad and Azhag will come later. Now the question is, will we have a new Grom model ?

The Dark One
03-08-2006, 21:04
i would say if we are getting a new grom model it will be released for next years summer campagn, as he's not mentioned to be dead just missing as i recall

The Dread King
03-08-2006, 21:10
i would say if we are getting a new grom model it will be released for next years summer campagn, as he's not mentioned to be dead just missing as i recall

i didn't think of that but it could easilly be right, yets just hope its earlyer than that.
is thee any pictures of Gorbad and Azhag yet

UltimateNagash
03-08-2006, 21:39
I thought Grom was confirmed with the "Eats Elves for breakfast" rule?

Zodiac
03-08-2006, 21:43
I thought Grom was confirmed with the "Eats Elves for breakfast" rule?

Wow, I hear you.. someone stated this rumour.. but i think this was skarsnik?

asura
03-08-2006, 21:45
I read in the rumour roundup that Grom was roumored for the new O&G armybook.
But I am sure that Azhag and Gorbad will be released (in minis)

The Dark One
03-08-2006, 21:46
why would it be skarsnik? he fighting dwarfs. i beleive it is one of groms new rules

asura
03-08-2006, 21:56
Grom is a goblin chief too, but do you think that his new mini (if there are one) will come with his chariot ?

vampires are cool!
03-08-2006, 22:10
personaly i cant wait for the new release of the vampire counts - if they dont have vlad in it i will be writing a strongly worded letter!
in fact another releaes i am looking forward to is the army of nagash that i have been hearing about
i cant wait to see the mini's for that, espesialy the new nagash model!

asura
03-08-2006, 22:14
Yes I hope we will get some new special caracters for the vampire counts. What I expect the more is a strigoi special caracter on a monster base, or a special caracter with an ogre size.

vampires are cool!
03-08-2006, 22:19
actualy i also have heard a rumour that we may be getting a new bloodline!
what could this be?
we have the ultimate chuck norris vampires - blood dragons
the evil sinister wizards - the necrachs
the seductive sirens - lahmians
the hulks - strigoi
the true dastardly rasckes - von carstiens
but who could this new bloodline be?????????????
ninja vampires?
clown vampires?
moose vampires
i dont know
do you?

asura
03-08-2006, 23:01
Yes I think there are to many blood lines but I think that in the newt army there will be a new blodd line with common vampires (a little bit like the von carstein, but with less physical restrictions, I mean no big coat, no blue skin,etc...).
To come back to the subject (the special caracters) do you thhink we will get a special caracter from Liber necris (I didnt read the book, but I heard that they are some caracters).
Otherwise do you think that it is possible to get a new stirgoi special caracter ?

The Pale Lady
03-08-2006, 23:08
Ive heard the bloodlines are being made less restrictive, so that the official bloodlines as we know them are more ways of theming your vampires. So you could create a Lahmian Vampiress as we know them now, or you could invent your own bloodline using a combination of the powers etc. The official background bloodlines might be expanded on though,for fluff purposes.
I heard this on another thread in this forum, I think.

I cannot wait to see the new Wyvern/Azhag model, its supposed to be fantastic and anythin is better than the last wyvern...

asura
04-08-2006, 09:06
Does someone know if there is a caracter in Liber necris who can be made in minis for the next VC army ?

Kodamas
04-08-2006, 09:10
Vlad possibly, Mannfred von carstien. I would like to see Vanshanesh. However he is a true born vampire and that could cause some balance issues.

Zodiac
04-08-2006, 09:12
actualy i also have heard a rumour that we may be getting a new bloodline!
what could this be?
we have the ultimate chuck norris vampires - blood dragons
the evil sinister wizards - the necrachs
the seductive sirens - lahmians
the hulks - strigoi
the true dastardly rasckes - von carstiens
but who could this new bloodline be?????????????
ninja vampires?
clown vampires?
moose vampires
i dont know
do you?

dude like... Ninja clowns.. how you could you forget that.. its in WD 318 :P

asura
04-08-2006, 09:23
Who is Vanshanesh ?

The Pale Lady
04-08-2006, 09:27
It has been very strongly hinted at that Vashanesh is in fact Vlad. Vashanesh as an individual was the King of Lahmia, and one of the trueborns. He fled and nothing much was heard of him, then Vlad shows up, read...is it Liber Necris? Read that for more connections I think.

asura
04-08-2006, 10:25
Thanks for the information. Otherwise, do you know more strigoi caracter than Vorag, the first king of gouhls ? Do you think that it is possible to get a strigoi special caracter in the next army book ?

UltimateNagash
04-08-2006, 21:41
Thanks for the information. Otherwise, do you know more strigoi caracter than Vorag, the first king of gouhls ? Do you think that it is possible to get a strigoi special caracter in the next army book ?

Possibly, considering how many characters in the Orc and Goblin book, it wouldn't suprise me for them to fill all the choices.

asura
04-08-2006, 21:45
So you think that we will get more special characters in the next VC army book ? I think that 2 special characters in the actuall VC armybook is not much.

DeathMasterSnikch
04-08-2006, 21:49
A new Krell and Kemmler would be good. The drunk skelly could do with a more dynamic model. Wouldn't say no to an ogre sized special character for undead though :)

asura
04-08-2006, 22:00
Yes, but what could it be? I expect for a strigoi special character because we never get one. A strigoi with big claws, maybe with wings, and with a strong background story...we know that Vorag exist, and that he is the first king of the goulhs, what about the other kings ?

DeathMasterSnikch
04-08-2006, 22:06
I'm afraid im sceptical at best about a strigoi special character.

asura
04-08-2006, 22:22
If they dont release a new special character, i would expect a re-release from Melkhior. Or a new mini from Vlad and Isabella von carstein.

n00bLord
04-08-2006, 23:09
I would love a harlequin like vampire who is real atheletic like the old medieval circuses. Not meaning anything to do with the eldar harlequins any ways. Skaven should get their vermin lord back!

DeathMasterSnikch
04-08-2006, 23:14
The non official rules for teh verminlord has weakend them = \ stability tests? pfff. Still the vermin lord does own, I was surprised when I recieved a Verminlord, Retro screaming bell and doom wheel for last christmas from my mum :p that makes me sound like a kid...anyway yeh, after wanting a vermin lord for 12 years i deserve it :D

The Pale Lady
04-08-2006, 23:15
If they dont release a new special character, i would expect a re-release from Melkhior. Or a new mini from Vlad and Isabella von carstein.

Melkhior was a delicious character, it was a tragedy doing what they did to him. I want him to come back, kick zacharias' treacherous ass, then join up with Nagash.
With the latest models such as the Woodies, Dwarfs and the Orcs (to an extent), GW could make a really fantastic model of the insane Necrarch and his winged nightmare

OT: I have to say none of GW's winged nightmares have satisfied the vision I get of them when reading their blurb in the army book

The Dark One
05-08-2006, 08:11
Yes, but what could it be? I expect for a strigoi special character because we never get one. A strigoi with big claws, maybe with wings, and with a strong background story...we know that Vorag exist, and that he is the first king of the goulhs, what about the other kings ?

if i remember correctly Vorag was the first and only king. would be nice if they finally made a modal of him.
also i would like to say i also hope they put the vermin lord back in the skaven book

asura
05-08-2006, 09:26
Yes, I want a new model of Melkhior, or a new model of Vlad von carstein...
Otherwise, it could be good if we get a strigoi spe. character, and why not Vorag...
Is the Vermin lord unique ?

slaughteredbull
05-08-2006, 10:40
Nah, its kinda like the Eldar Avatar in 40k i think, summonned by Grey Seers in times of upmost need and peril.

asura
05-08-2006, 10:52
Do you think that Mannfred will disappear in the next book ? In the fluff they say that he is dead, but we dont really know if its true. So is he dead or alive ? because he can make his come back in the 7th. ed...

slaughteredbull
05-08-2006, 16:01
No he's alive (well as alive as a vampire can be), as he came and threatened Middenheim after everyone and his brother decided they would have a piece of Archaon for no reason whatsoever. Judging by his tactics and the way he backed off from someone who'd come back from the dead (wtf?)though I'd say he is a bit of a coward.

asura
05-08-2006, 19:05
So he is alive and will stay for the 7th edition, no ?

slaughteredbull
06-08-2006, 12:27
I can't see why he wouldn't be in the 7th edition army book as he's quite possibly one of the most powerful vampires in the Old World and now has an army strong enough to seriously threaten the Empire and possibly wipe the Empire off the face of the map if they are in as bad shape as the RPG fluff says they are.

asura
06-08-2006, 12:48
And do you expect an other character in the 7th edition?

DeathMasterSnikch
06-08-2006, 13:26
I expect more characters. Or atleast the return of ones from previous editions.

sir_robin
06-08-2006, 13:48
If they are going to make a new strigoi characther I hope they don't mess it up like with the strigoi's of this edition;their models are a joke

asura
06-08-2006, 14:25
I m agree with sir robin, strigoi minis are really bad, they avec ridiculous legs !
Otherwise, I hope that they will make better sculpt for the VC special character; Mannfred is a great model, but Zacharias himself (not his dragon zombi) is bad. I would expect a new model from Melkhior, because he have a really godd background storie (he have a special sword, and that it's great for a necracre), even if the old model was great, I expect a new model of him and I think GW have the possibility to make a new great model of Melkhior.

bobalamo
06-08-2006, 15:50
manfred will be back, bu ti can rather see melekor returning wth nagash, when ever he comes back. infact at all.

i want.... wallach?, the blood dragon vampire to come back, he was in the oringianl vampire counts army book. and he was hard haha. bu ti thtink hes dead :S...dead dead..

as in bloodlines i dont think we will see a new bloodline as such. more like a standard bloodline. ( like the ultramarines for space marines ) and then bloodline powers to show you how to make the other 5.
i know von castines where ment to be the basic vampire but i cant see why they are.

The Pale Lady
06-08-2006, 16:54
I doubt they'll do both Melkhior AND Zacharias...and I don't think Wallach is dead, although a large percentage of his knightly sons are. He's still around though I think.

asura
06-08-2006, 17:29
They will maybe put Melkhior instead of Zacharias...Maybe Melkhior will take his revenge on Zacharias and Zacharias will defeated by him.

DeathMasterSnikch
07-08-2006, 01:28
Gw don't usualy kill off special characters...let alone one possessing the book of Nagash, how can he lose? Deiter whats'is name would be sweet :p Manticore grrr

Gorbad Ironclaw
07-08-2006, 04:34
So you think that we will get more special characters in the next VC army book ? I think that 2 special characters in the actuall VC armybook is not much.

Personally I'd prefer them to spend there time on something a bit more usable than a handfull of super powered vampire lords.

Besides, with the apparent change in blood lines to be more important, I wouldn't expect there to be a need for a character for 'each'.

*shrug* At least they might be some decent models, if they can keep them off the monsters.

Senbei
07-08-2006, 06:22
One fun thing about any Undead character is that they are stupidly hard to kill.... Even when they're not truly undead.... Wasn't Dieter run-through by a rune-fang... and survived... pretty good for a mere human. Heinrich was well and truly pasted by his enemies and also survived.... Vanhel was assasinated but came back for his revenge.... Nagash has died twice, and it seems that all you need to revive a dead vampire is a necromancer and some blood.... After all that was enough for Manfred who'd lain dead in a swamp for roughly 350 years... Sooo, unlike most army lists, don't be too supprised to see -any- deceased character in the new Vampire book.... Hmn... an Undead Valten maybe.... :D

Baindread
07-08-2006, 09:46
Hmn... an Undead Valten maybe.... :D

All the rules the living Valten had, only doubled and his stats all get +2 ;)

Zodiac
07-08-2006, 14:38
Gorbad And Skarsnik (both amazing models) Now confirmed!
Woohee!!!

DeathMasterSnikch
07-08-2006, 15:03
I still think Skarsnik's prodder looks like a pile of...er...squig...I'll get the model but I'm getting the old one too.

asura
07-08-2006, 19:15
the next special characters after Gorbad and Azhag will be from the empire ?

vampires are cool!
08-08-2006, 22:08
It has been very strongly hinted at that Vashanesh is in fact Vlad. Vashanesh as an individual was the King of Lahmia, and one of the trueborns. He fled and nothing much was heard of him, then Vlad shows up, read...is it Liber Necris? Read that for more connections I think.

knew it! i new he had to be a true born! he is simply so powerful he just had to be. well thats just increased my likeing for him, but i do think that vlad will be making an apperance in the new vamp counts book, as he has just appeared in his first book, plus all the fan fiction about him.
id like to see kemmler arise again along with either the red duke or walarch, that would be nice. it depends if they do a character for every bloodline - something im hoping for!
and id just like someone to tell me if they have heard anymore rumours about the nagash armylist