PDA

View Full Version : need help builing an orc and gobolin army

maze ironheart
04-08-2006, 10:37
Hi i am interested in starting an orc and goblin army and would be greatful if some one who plays orc and goblins would give me some adive on what would be good thing too use in the army. i'll start the army when the new book and batallion when they come out. I dont have the old book so if my list points go over a 1000 its cause i dont have the book.Also could any one tell me what would be better in a 1000 point army black orcs or savage orc boar boys.
(Heres a list i am thinking of building)

29)Night goblins with standard musicain with 3 fanatics
20)Orcs with fullcommand addittional choppa
10)Orc bowman
19)Black orcs with fullcommand
or
5)Savage orc boar boys with fullcommand and war banner
2)Spear chukkas
1)Night goblin shaman with dispell scroll and an item that casts head butt
If i have black orcs my hero choice would be
1)Black orc boss with great weapon and arlads dead ard armour
But if i have savage orc boar boys my hero choice would be
1)Orc boss with heavy armour on a boar with a magic great weapon

So please if any one who plays as orc and goblins could give me some advise on building an orc and goblin army i would be thankful.

Frankly
05-08-2006, 03:33
I'd say wait until the new armybook comes out a see whats hapening then,.

If you can't wat, then buy alot and lots of orks, a O&G armylist can never have to many orks.

Commanderxenos
05-08-2006, 13:04
I'd say wait until the new armybook comes out a see whats hapening then,.

If you can't wat, then buy alot and lots of orks, a O&G armylist can never have to many orks.

don't you mean orcs, and not orks? As it may sound stupid, but there is a difference!

as I doubt people will allow him to use models with guns and stuff like that in warhammer fantasy.

SoylentGrimgor
12-08-2006, 19:44
buy lots of core (gobbos, orcs,night gobbos etc.,) leave the arrer boyz at home or convert them in to regular boyz. The core infantry will make your games go smoother. I f you wanna have some fun stick your mounted black orc bigboss in with your savage orc boar boys. I do and I have a blast with them everytime!

sigur
13-08-2006, 13:42
Avian wrote an article about starting an Orc horde; I think the link can be found in his sig. Apart from that you should pay "Da Warpath" (google it, I don't have the link at hands at the moment) a visit.

Cpt. Drill
13-08-2006, 14:13
1)Orc boss with heavy armour on a boar with a magic great weapon

So please if any one who plays as orc and goblins could give me some advise on building an orc and goblin army i would be thankful.

If you are talking about the +2 str weapon dont bother its 40 pts of waste...

Your boss will want to join the unit of boar boys.... Well you will want to break the enemy on the charge and hopefuly you will so giving him a normal great weaponw ill the the job fine for 32 points less!

maze ironheart
21-08-2006, 13:01
Heres what the new list i thought of in a 1000 point orcs and goblins army

(Hero Choice)
1-Orc big boss with groggs dead ard armour and great weapon.
1-Night goblin shaman lv2 with despell scroll and magic mushroom.
(Core choice)
25-Orc big boys with choppa and shield and fullcommand.
19-Orc big boys upgraded to big uns with extra choppa and shield and fullcommand.
29-Night goblins with spears and shields and standard and musicain and 3 night goblin fanatics.
10-Goblin spider riders with spears and standard and musicain.
(Special choice)
2-Spear chukkas.

This list i've made is ment to be a 1000 points i don't have the book so i don't know the totol of this list sorry.I've also been thinking which army i should play as its ether dark elfs or orcs and goblins the one i pick will have to face skaven so i would be greatful if any one can help to make it easier because both armys i think are good.

PS-Thanks sigur for the web site info i checked it out so thank you