PDA

View Full Version : Next Purchase For 'Nids

'Fex
05-08-2006, 14:33
Hey guys,

I'm looking to expand my newest army, (Nids obviously), and I'm tryin to get some input on what I need next. So far my roster includes:

Winged Tyrant
3 Warriors
16 Hormies
16 Termies
8 Genestealers
Carnifex
2 Zoanthropes

I'm not going for the all out swarm feel, so I don't wana field 5000 spinegaunts, but I'm no big fan of godzilla either. Balance is key for me.

IMO I was thinking another box of warriors or a Lictor and another zoanthrope...

Any and all feedback is welcome. :)

azimaith
05-08-2006, 14:35
Balance may be key, but having 16 termagaunts to throw at the enemy is practically suicidal. I'd buy more gaunts, followed by more genestealers, and a hive tyrant.

'Fex
05-08-2006, 19:36
remember this is only about 1000 pts, and I've had fine sucsess with the 32 gaunts that I have. I suppose more gaunts could fit the bill, as I need more ripper bases too....

azimaith
05-08-2006, 19:44
Can't really remember it being 1000 points if ya don't tell me :)

Bulking out some horma squads might be nice, they're decent troop killers.

'Fex
05-08-2006, 19:52
Can't really remember it being 1000 points if ya don't tell me

It says Devour - 1000 in my sig.... I thought someone might pick up on that... :)

As for the Hormies, I love em. In one of my war stories, I stopped a flanking mob of boyz with a squad of those puppies.... I'm thinkin gaunts or warriors... I'll have to see if I can find some cheap tho so I don't have to buy to boxes to get another 16....

n00bLord
05-08-2006, 20:01
Bulk up the troops in my opinion. I know its 1000 pts but you should.

Some guy (UK)
05-08-2006, 20:52
I don't play Nids (infact I don't play at all), but I would go one of two ways when getting a Nid force:

1) A fair number of monster nids- i.e lots of fex's and Warriors, taking up last odd points by upgrading them- quality over quantity.
2) Or a huge load of guants/stealers, supported by a few other larger players- like one Fex, and a couple of Warriors.

Obviously you could just use an even mix of the two, but that takes away some of the fun, and the tactical challenges for me :) .

With your list, whack up the number of gaunts is what I would do.

Later, Some Guy