PDA

View Full Version : What is the eye of terror?!

UnRiggable
06-08-2006, 14:43
Pretty straight and to the point. I've read the section in the CSM codex, and it says it has something to do with the dissent of the eldar. so what is it?

The_Outsider
06-08-2006, 14:49
Its an area where the warp and realspace overlap. It is also a permanant warp storm.

Here's a nice link about it (the site is also a great source of info).

Link (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Eye_of_Terror)

Isambard
06-08-2006, 14:53
It is a place of unspeakable horror, where twisted parodies of humans perform the most debased sins in order to please their foul masters.

A bit like Swansea then.

wilting_laughter
06-08-2006, 14:54
Basically its the mess that was made when Slaanesh was born due the decadence and debauchery of the Eldar (who were more like "Dark" Eldar than Craftworld Eldar). The event is known as The Fall of the Eldar, or simply the Fall, occurred approximately around the year 30,000, and led to the end of the warp storms around Terra thus allowing the Emperor to begin the Great Crusade. The Eye is centred around what was the centre of Eldar civilisation, and the former Eldar worlds contained within the eye are known as Crone worlds (The Craftworld Eldar get their spirit stones from there).

UnRiggable
06-08-2006, 18:34
Wait so is the warp where the wild things are (daemons)? And is it even real or is it like a different dimension / figment of one's imagination?

BrainFireBob
06-08-2006, 19:16
Check out the 40K background section. There's a few threads that cover all the background of the formation of the Eye/the Fall.

The Warp is a fairly fundamental piece of Warhammer background.

Rabid Bunny 666
06-08-2006, 19:20
The Eye of Terror is a Warp/Real Space interface. The warp is practically another dimension where emotions of sentient life are mirrored. The Eye of Terror was created by SLaanesh's birth scream, after the eldar's hedonistic lifestyles, reflected into the Warp ,formed Slaanesh. The original Eldar Home Worlds are in the Eye of Terror, a supply of Wraithbone for the Brave.

edit: also, Daemons are avatars of the Chaos Deities, and are present in the Warp.

luchog
07-08-2006, 22:46
It is a place of unspeakable horror, where twisted parodies of humans perform the most debased sins in order to please their foul masters.

A bit like Swansea then.

Well, it is also involved in the birth of Slaanesh, Lord of Pleasure and Excess.

So, more Los Angeles, really.

UnRiggable
07-08-2006, 23:01
So, more Los Angeles, really.

Definitly not the midwest

Melchiah
08-08-2006, 08:05
I dont know anyone been to vancouver lately. Anyone else in BC here, that has been to East Hastings, East Van, Surrey and Abotsford? You'll know what Im talking about.

Bregalad
08-08-2006, 10:00
The "Eye of Terror" has also been a 40k summer campaign, and a campaign booklet (mini Codex) is still available, where all info on this is included. If you are really interested, buy it.

Yarick Zan
08-08-2006, 10:10
or if your really smart read it in the store. anyways you gotta love the good old eye. it will provide us all with loads of fun for years to come.

need2thump
08-08-2006, 21:38
It is the place where I found my 13th Company. An army that has brought most of my firends armies to their knees :D

UnRiggable
08-08-2006, 22:23
I was wondering because I always thought it was a larger black hole because that's actually whats in the center of the milky way and because they are believed the defy time and other laws of realspace. Also there is something about the curved nature of space not taking effect.

Yarick Zan
08-08-2006, 23:05
if it was a big black hole then i dont think even abbadon could get out. not sure. its definately a place where the warp crosses over to real space and also is coverd with warpstorms.