PDA

View Full Version : Codex Catachans - legal?

yohanes13
06-08-2006, 17:33
i want to add some catachan units into my imperial guard army from the new codex using doctrines and i would like to use the online codezx catachans from the website is this legal?

1) can i play with this list instore?

2)can i play in tournaments?

20th Century Boy
06-08-2006, 18:13
Seems like the list in itself is as legal as a GW-online-document can get.

However it doesn't mention you can (still) incorporate Deathworld veteran units into an Imperial guard army - it states you can create a Deathworld veteran army using the list, and if you wanted to add Deathworld veterans to a standard force you should take the Jungle fighters doctrine instead (see page 2, right column, WHY COLLECT A CATACHAN ARMY?, third paragraph).

So if I interpreted your intention in the right way, that means no to both question 1) and 2).

Inq. Veltane
06-08-2006, 18:29
You can play pure Deathworld Veterans but you can no longer include Deathworld Snipers in an Imperial Guard army...sadly.

Toppan
06-08-2006, 18:53
the thing is, theyre most likely not useable in tourneys because of the whole CA debunk, but you can definately (dangit my spelling is atrocious) play with them instore, as long as your opponent knows what army it is. You can always just go doctrines and make catachans there and they would be tourney legal.

Adept
06-08-2006, 19:09
i want to add some catachan units into my imperial guard army from the new codex using doctrines

As others have mentioned, you cannot mix and match Deathworld Catachans in a regular Imperial Guard army.

1) can i play with this list instore?

More than likely. If in doubt, ask the staff at the store. They make the rules, not us.

2)can i play in tournaments?

Probably. Again, there are no hard and fast rules. Each tournament will be different.

The key thing is that the Catachans models are simply IG models. If a tournament is disallowing Codex: Catachans, you can simply use the models as an Imperial Guard army with the Junglefighters doctrine.

onnotangu
06-08-2006, 20:05
I have a large catachan force. other than some diffculty getting people to play jungle fighting rules, the army works pretty well as either a standalone force or as allies for witchhunters.

if yer in doubt ask around at the local GW store or call GW directly and ask before showing up to a GT with a catachan force.

Chem-Dog
06-08-2006, 21:03
The only problems I can see is the fact that Codex Catachans was written Before both the current IG codex and the current set of the 40K rules.

I would suggest playing safe and using the new Codex and the Doctrines to create the force for use in Tournaments this way there can be no confusion as to what rules are being used. Fortunately the doctrines almost entirely cover the special rules that the Catachan Codex has, all you really loose is the Patrol squad.

scwolf
07-08-2006, 02:06
The only problems I can see is the fact that Codex Catachans was written Before both the current IG codex and the current set of the 40K rules.

And then that Codex was updated to bring it current, and placed online (http://uk.games-workshop.com/chapterapproved/catachan-rules/1/).