PDA

View Full Version : Mordheim Income/fluff question

Quin 242
07-08-2006, 17:17
One of the rolls that you can get in the income section/exploration chart is Triple 3's: Prisoners.

the last bit says: in addition, one of the prisoners decides he wishes to join your warband. If you can afford to equip the new recruit with weapons and armor, you man add a new Henchman to one of your human henchmen groups.

lets say I'm not playing possessed, undead,or skaven (which have specific rules regarding this occurance.

For instance I'm playing Dwarfs. Would YOU add a henchman group of 1 human? The mercinaries section seems most logical to choose from. So warrior, Swordsman, or Marksman...

I'm fair sure that a rescue is what prompted the pairing of Gotrik and Felix right? I think it'd be fluffy and nifty to have a lone human in my Dwarf warband.
I got a free henchmen for my Rieklanders this way and also have a dwarf warband which prompted me to ask.

cookiescrumble
07-08-2006, 17:36
Very good question, i have no idea. I would have thought it would be one henchman from your warband.

Quin 242
07-08-2006, 18:00
It specifically says HUMAN.

But like I said... Gotrik got Felix...
Why can't Grunik Gearbender (Engineer and leader of my warband after my noble was ignomiously defeated by skaven) have a human pet?

bob syko
10-08-2006, 20:39
I think it only says human because there was only humans that the rule applied for at the time, personally I would think it would mean a henchman from your warband choices.

Quin 242
11-08-2006, 02:45
How many Dwarven prisoners you think you are gonna find in Mordheim?

or Shadow hunters finding elves?
I think that you'd find human prisoners and shuld be allowed to adopt one as a mascot.

again.. almost positive that's how Gotrix got felix...

snurl
11-08-2006, 08:33
Take your new human.
Give him a sword and a helmet.
Paint his shirt bright red.
Name him "Target" and tell him to stand over there on the spot marked X.

A free henchman is an expendable resource, use it.

Darktheos
11-08-2006, 09:13
You know I never thought of that. I guess it would depend on like where I play we play a campaign so it would probably be a viable option for a model from any warband in play to have a prisoner from another. As long as it is after the first set of games.

salazaar
11-08-2006, 09:35
How many Dwarven prisoners you think you are gonna find in Mordheim?

or Shadow hunters finding elves?
I think that you'd find human prisoners and shuld be allowed to adopt one as a mascot.

again.. almost positive that's how Gotrix got felix...

Gotrek found Felix in front of an empire cavalry charge, killed a horse or two and went on a drinking spree where Felix promised to follow Gotrek and record his heroic death, don't know how similar that is ;)

On the rule I don't think that any non-human warbands would get benefits. According to your qoute it says that you may "add a new Henchman to one of your human henchmen groups" quite straightforward. Is your dwarf warriors dwarfs or humans? :D

Quin 242
11-08-2006, 16:33
Gotrek found Felix in front of an empire cavalry charge, killed a horse or two and went on a drinking spree where Felix promised to follow Gotrek and record his heroic death, don't know how similar that is ;)

On the rule I don't think that any non-human warbands would get benefits. According to your qoute it says that you may "add a new Henchman to one of your human henchmen groups" quite straightforward. Is your dwarf warriors dwarfs or humans? :D

Similar in that a dwarf saved a human from imminant doom so the human followed him :)

Guess I'll just ask the folks I play with but it might be nifty to have mixed warbands so if it comes up we can dice off what race the prisoner might be. Like 1-5 human 6 something else

then depending on who we have in the campaign, can do like a 1-3 dwarf, 4 shadow warrior, 5 goblin, 6 whatever... (for instance only... we don't have any elf players as that list is a little shot)

I mean the likelyhood of rolling that result is low so it might not ever come up... But if it did...

salazaar
12-08-2006, 17:15
Similar in that a dwarf saved a human from imminant doom so the human followed him :)

Guess I'll just ask the folks I play with but it might be nifty to have mixed warbands so if it comes up we can dice off what race the prisoner might be. Like 1-5 human 6 something else

Yeah, you're acctually right, it is sorta similar :)
Go for it, the only rules that counts are the ones that your gaming group agrees on, houserules only makes for more fun, just make sure everyone knows the rules, even though I don't think that specific rule will come up all that often ;)

TKitch
15-08-2006, 15:42
in the book there are no non-human bands, so they didn't need to think about it.

The rule is intended to be you gain a henchman. no more, no less.

Quin 242
16-08-2006, 05:49
well lawyered that...

Let your imagination out once in a while friend :)

TKitch
17-08-2006, 22:52
well lawyered that...

Let your imagination out once in a while friend :)

whozat at?