PDA

View Full Version : Capturing Undead Standards

EvC
07-08-2006, 16:22
Since you capture a standard when a unit flees, is it possible to capture the standard belonging to an undead unit that?

Shaitan
07-08-2006, 16:24
If I recall this right you can capture standards when your enemy flees and you pursue, or when the enemy unit is completely destroyed in close combat. So I guess that should do the trick...

EvC
07-08-2006, 16:38
And if the unit crumbles from combat, that counts too..?

Gorbad Ironclaw
07-08-2006, 17:05
Yes it does. Just need to wipe them out. Crumbling is the same, also lets you overrun if that would be the case.

jahorin
07-08-2006, 17:05
And if the unit crumbles from combat, that counts too..?

yes, since it count's as destroyed

Sandals
07-08-2006, 18:23
you also, i belive, need to have been able to pursue if it was a normal unit that fled. so not engaged by something else for example

mageith
07-08-2006, 20:42
you also, i belive, need to have been able to pursue if it was a normal unit that fled. so not engaged by something else for example
Not if its destroyed completely in close combat.

Lord Zarkov
07-08-2006, 21:54
You do not capture standards for units destroyed in close combat; only one that flee and you persue
the only exceptions to this are things like undead and daemons which can be destroyed by combat resolution and where you capture their standard if they are destroyed by combat resolution only

mageith
07-08-2006, 22:40
You do not capture standards for units destroyed in close combat;

"Standards are also captured if an enemy unit is completely destroyed in close combat." (109)

only one that flee and you persue
the only exceptions to this are things like undead and daemons which can be destroyed by combat resolution and where you capture their standard if they are destroyed by combat resolution only
????

Mage Ith

Festus
08-08-2006, 08:27
Hi

You do not capture standards for units destroyed in close combat; only one that flee and you persue

As MageIth pointed out, you may be talking nonsense here :(

And MageIth:
Sandals is right: You must either pursue (BRB, p.109, first column, 2nd paragraph) or destroy the unit completely. I take the second sentence (quoted by you) as in relevance to the first: If you destroy the unit, you may not ( and indeed cannot) pursue but you will still get the banner.

YOu should be free to be able to pursue to get a banner IMNSHO. If you are still engaged, you have other things to worry about, really :)

If you do not pursue or do not destroy the unit, you will not get the standard.

Festus

scavenseer
08-08-2006, 10:22
In theory yes you could but it would not be fluffy or good for the development of the game, who would want an undead standard?

Festus
08-08-2006, 12:42
In theory yes you could but it would not be fluffy or good for the development of the game, who would want an undead standard????

Please elaborate...

...or is this supposed to be funny and I simply don't get it (*haha* in this case :eyebrows: )

scavenseer
09-08-2006, 08:57
???

Please elaborate...

...or is this supposed to be funny and I simply don't get it (*haha* in this case :eyebrows: )

Sorry, undead standards would be all smelly and icky, surely they would just pour some cillet bang on it and give it to the local charity shop?:)

samw
09-08-2006, 10:48
Sorry, undead standards would be all smelly and icky, surely they would just pour some cillet bang on it and give it to the local charity shop?:)

Perhaps the Empire will hire Barry Scott to defeat Nagash? :D :p :skull: