PDA

View Full Version : Kroot Mercs,,,Fluff wise?

yohanes13
07-08-2006, 22:20
Fluff wise would an imperial guard army a) use and b)be allowed to use kroot mercs?

Bregalad
07-08-2006, 22:30
Fluffwise it is possible and has been done (ask the Commissar and Inquisitor first ;)). Here a quote from an old WD article named "Index Xenos: The Kroot". Kroot usually ask for the bodies of the fallen enemies (no Tyranids, Necrons and Thousand Sons!) as part of payment.

The Kroot are a primitive race with a low threat index and there is no current Imperial campaign to exterminate them. However, on several occasions the services of Kroot mercenaries have been employed by frontier outposts and it should be remembered that such contact with aliens remains a crime and punishable by death. The Kroot do not themselves have any xenocidal tendencies and do not actively seek out other races to kill. Although their warriors are motivated by a strong sense of honour, they are mercenaries at heart and fight for money or goods that they themselves cannot produce.

muskrat
07-08-2006, 22:59
When the Kroot list came out, both of the little narrative articles in CA had Kroot employed by IG, IIRC.

Quin 242
07-08-2006, 23:03
Not only fluffy but that's how they were originally intended is as mercinaries...

yohanes13
08-08-2006, 00:23
thaks for the replys, to change the post about does anyone whos used kroot mercs have any advice for me my plan is a mainly imperial guard force all light infantry with cameloline backed up y a few kroot squads to ofset the lack of combat prowess i especially like th kroot hound squad and the sniper kroots any advice?

Quin 242
08-08-2006, 02:01
Hunter Kindred ROCK. if you can afford the heavy slot.. Trackers are near enough but more expensive and more ex$pensive and time consuming to convert.

Since you won't have any tanks anyways (light infantry you said) the Hunters are a good idea.

Kroot hound packs are nice if you know you are getting up close fast. otherwise you will miss those kroot rifle shots on the way in... But once they get in... the extra initiative is nice but I'm not entirely sure that they are cost effective really. Kroot get the same number of attacks... AND they don't get rifle shots.. those 2 points for a gun might be worth it....

AmKhaibitu
08-08-2006, 09:09
One day I'll be buying a box of kroot to convert into hunter kindred for my dark eldar.
They'll be fun.