PDA

View Full Version : Strangest game moments

plasmadaemon
19-06-2005, 11:30
Self explanatory realy.

Doom 3: i used the god cheat against the cyber-demon and he/it cornenred me into a corner, i couldn't get out, and he/it kept kicking me.

Unreal 2 : seeing the wireframes of the models.

(scariest moments also welcome :p )

x-esiv-4c
19-06-2005, 14:30
Easy.

1). Halflife 1

In the intro there is a part where you are on a train. The train passes through some giant bay doors and continues deeper into the Mesa. In my case the door never opened and the train clipped through it squashing me into pulp, game over.

2). Knights of the old Republic.

I had finally killed the last boss after being jacked on stims and the like and during the final monologue my stims wore off and my health dropped into the negative where upon I died....what an anti-climax

warlordgrubnatz
19-06-2005, 16:59
halo 2: got a banshee throuh the tunnel on metropolis and found a giant foot ball in a ruined building.

Great Harlequin
19-06-2005, 18:29
halo 2: got a banshee throuh the tunnel on metropolis and found a giant foot ball in a ruined building.
That's just a bonus easter egg you found. If you get the Banshee through again go and look for the Scarab Gun. (http://www.gs200.com/archive/index.php/t-16071.html) That is always fun to have a spin with.

However, I have quite a few wierd moments. On the original Driver I somehow crashed into a cop car at a certain angle and I got caught caught in the sky at the top of the map. It was as if I were hovering and I completed the mission with ease :p

I have frozen the AI characters on many games including Halo.

And in Final Fantasy VIII I stumbled across Omega himself at the training centre in Balamb garden!?!! I think my mate had been messing around with it on a special disc though...

Strikerkc
19-06-2005, 19:17
Hmmm, don't have many odd circumstances... I've seen a police helecopter flying under the street in SanAndreas (can only see the helecopter blades above the assphault).

warlordgrubnatz
19-06-2005, 20:47
WoW that scarabs cool. once i was playing KOTOR and on the tarris level i came out of the lift and everone was wearing their under were (my characters and all the npcs) all my equipment had changed- all clothes were now called THONGS or SITH THONGS. Then the game crashed and i had to buy a new one.

grey_painter
20-06-2005, 01:35
It always annoys me when I read these types of threads because I know I must have seen some pretty strange things but I can never remember them when it comes to posting. Damn memory.

Best I can come up with is in Raven Shield when I was using an invisibility cheat on one of the levels and I came across a guard that was hovering a few feet off the ground in the starting crucified position NPCs are loaded in.

Catterjee
20-06-2005, 07:05
There is an old NES boxing game called Ring King. The between-round animation is... interesting. I'll leave it at that.

Firebreath
20-06-2005, 17:26
Playing a helicopter simulation called Apache or something on Amiga (I think).

Rising to maximum altitude, getting hit by an AA missile, dropping like a brick and finally making a safe landing on auto rotation. I was like :wtf:

Kinda cool though. :D

Arnizipal
20-06-2005, 19:25
Among the many minor bug that Knights of the Old Republic 1 had, I found a really interseting big one. I had found most of the Starmaps and was doing some unresolved sidequests. I flew to Korriban, but then remebered I still needed something on Tatooine, so I left Korriban as soon as I had landed without getting out of the ship.
When the loading screen for Tatooine was done, me and my companions where gathered in the main room of the Ebon Hawk for some reason, and T3-M4 had changed into an extra Zaahlbar (his icon in the party select screen had changed and everything), who was also in my party even though I was on board of my ship.

In the cockpit floated one of those spindly droids with thin arms who said something about interstellar traveling being great fun. It would let me travel to each planet immediatly, even to the Star Forge (which I technically hadn't even discovered yet).

That definatly was one of the weirdest bugs I have ever come accross.

Great Harlequin
20-06-2005, 20:02
I recently was playing Rainbow six and I darted out and someone saw me. A grenade blew me into a building. I couldn't be seen but I could also shoot them which was pretty neat as it was a "Kill all the Terrorists" mission. I eventually came to a dead end and despite my efforts I couldn't get out. So I had to start again....

Commander X
20-06-2005, 20:27
Quite some time ago, playing AvP.
"Hey, this place looks just like in the movies. But wouldn't that mean there's an Alien..."
*Gets killed from behind*
Pretty realistic game that was :p

Tron 2.0
I fell off a pillar in the green map(I usually do), then didn't die, but found a nice hiding spot instead. Went on exploring, and am now proud to say that I am one of the few people to know all secret places on the 3 maps :)

ShadowseerNox
20-06-2005, 21:21
I was playing GTAIII and as I ran down the sidewalk, I fell through the sidewalk, and continued to fall for about five seconds. This was regretable because a fall that lasts half the time does alot of damage, and I was low on health and just loaded up on weapons. As I hit the pavment, exactly where I fell into the error in the first place, I took a point or two of damage, got up and was other wise fine with no long term effects. I have found this event happened everytime I ran down a certain sidewalk, in a certain direction. From then on I used the street.

Cloudscape_online
21-06-2005, 00:31
Metal Gear Solid on the PS1, when Psycho Mantis reads out the names of the saved games on my memory card. That freaked me out...

Chuffy
21-06-2005, 11:56
Metal Gear Solid on the PS1, when Psycho Mantis reads out the names of the saved games on my memory card. That freaked me out...

Agreed, that and the fact you have to switch controllers.

Arnizipal
21-06-2005, 12:35
Agreed, that and the fact you have to switch controllers.
I played that game on pc, where you couldn't switch controllers. It took me 48 minutes (yes I timed it) to take the damn guy out! :cries:

plasmadaemon
21-06-2005, 15:58
phsyco mantis is a bit easy to defeat, you just got to know when to crouch, fire etc..

StugMeister
22-06-2005, 10:46
Playing a helicopter simulation called Apache or something on Amiga (I think).

Rising to maximum altitude, getting hit by an AA missile, dropping like a brick and finally making a safe landing on auto rotation. I was like :wtf:

Kinda cool though. :D

That'd be Gunship 2000 ya?

One of my strangest moments would have to be in CombatMission: BeyondOverlord. I watched a Marder III drive along with its gun pointing out of it rear end. Never got to see if it fired the rigt way or not as a FighterBomber took care of that freak for me! ;)

Firebreath
22-06-2005, 16:11
That'd be Gunship 2000 ya?
The name rings a bell. You could be correct.

Shining_Spear
22-06-2005, 17:40
Scariest Moment:

In Morrowind, I was in the city that has big, tall buildings that float on water.

I needed to go in the water, so I jumped off a building, assuming that falling into the water will not kill me.

I fell for a few seconds and then hit a rock I didn't see and died.

The volume was turned up quite loud for some reason. That combined with seeing a dead body suddenly appear on the screen freaked me out. :(

Arnizipal
22-06-2005, 21:41
phsyco mantis is a bit easy to defeat, you just got to know when to crouch, fire etc..
Sure it's easy, it just takes forever. The standard kick/punch combo does virtually no damage to him as only one kick hits (he evades the rest). It's the same with the FAMAS; you can fire it at him but only one bullet will hit him.

Kaoslord
24-06-2005, 02:44
Clipping through a wall on the first level of ep1 of Duke Nukem 3D, you come to a street that looks a lot like the start of the second level. If you follow it around, there's a message scrawled in blood

"No One Should Be Here Yet. Levellord"

And if you have adult mode turned off, the babes are invisible, till you activate them, when they appear and flash you...

McBain
24-06-2005, 19:53
my weirdest gaming moment had to be when i used to play eve online, myself and one of the other guild members were out in the middle of no where mining an asteroid field, there were 3 cruisers hanging around on the far side of the field kind of hanging around. I hailed my guild boss and explained what was happening he told us that he would be there soon.

mean while the cruisers are closing obviously wanting our cargo of ore, at this point i was fairly well worried we had about 3 hours of ore in storage and here were 3 cruisers that out gunned us completly wanting to take our cargos....... then the comms flashed that my guild leader was about to hit real space......... then the biggest ******* battle ship i had ever seen burst into view, jet black with its light glinting..... the cruiser open fired on us and our 'bodyguard' stepped in the two remaning cuisers left in a hurry.

At that point i realised that although eve has a massive following and there are always many online in the same system...... that i was truely alone in the vastness of a game, and that how vunerable you could be i have never felt that way before or after.

freaky!

skavenguy13
25-06-2005, 03:19
There was a map called "the 20 bugs of Starcraft"
You had to do exploit the bugs in the games to succed. Fastest player won.
permanently cloak a zergling
making drones fly over space
destroying un-targetable civilians
going through barriers of minerals
destroy a tank with a terran command center (no joke!)
I was'nt able to go far, these are the ones I succeded/remember

Kelroth
25-06-2005, 09:45
Playing Link to the Past on GB, and fooling around in the starting town (can't even remember the name :(). The house that has the Bow-wow thing outside, I walked into the alcove there, and...

Appeared inside a church-type thing, with burning candles, ghosts, etc.

Never did find out why.

skavenguy13
25-06-2005, 13:54
Well, I remember in that game (on SNES at least) if you attack the chickens a lot, TONS of flying chickens come and try to take your head apart. Real funny.

Chuffy
25-06-2005, 14:39
Well, I remember in that game (on SNES at least) if you attack the chickens a lot, TONS of flying chickens come and try to take your head apart. Real funny.

Zelda.

And they werent chickens, they were cuckos!

skavenguy13
25-06-2005, 15:53
Oh yeah, cuckos!
I remember the blue one from Ocarina of time... it must be used to wake up talon because it screams louder than the other cuckos when he's happy :p

Karloth Valois
27-06-2005, 18:40
One time in the BF1942 demo I rammed into a teamate who was in a Sherman in a German Halftrack and somehow managed to push the much heavier and larger tank over onto its roof where it promptly exploded killing the bemused occupant inside.

I was just messing around trying to ram the thing and be a bit of a pain, it looked so funny though as all of a sudden the tank started the roll over lol, some sort of physics bug. I crapped myself laughing.

I had a couple of mates behind me watching the game too and after this happened I turned around wondering why I couldn't hear any laughter, except both of them were red faced and laughing so hard they werent even making a sound lol just sort of whimpering and all curled up lol.

plasmadaemon
27-06-2005, 18:50
well that happens a lot in unreal torunament 2004:

you can push a levithian (super-heavy assault tank) with a scorpion (small useless buggy)

grey_painter
28-06-2005, 20:36
I was just playing Mortal Kombat: Deception in Konquest mode (peusdo-RPG free roaming thing where you can unlock stuff for the game). Running around Orderrealm and suddenly saw this bloke in a full motion capture suit strutting around. Completely out of place in all the people in robes. Needless to say I hit him and stole the movie unlockable he was carrying... still can't resist the urge to hit him when I see him though.

davidks
28-06-2005, 23:34
playing online arena for the ps2, and seeing some of the map glitchs in action... thats a fun one...

Tomasaurus
30-06-2005, 07:22
well that happens a lot in unreal torunament 2004:

you can push a levithian (super-heavy assault tank) with a scorpion (small useless buggy)

Its not the size that counts, its how you use it ;)

Having just bought temple of Elemental Evil, I think that you can start out burning a church is kind of strange.

Malen Kharn
30-06-2005, 17:25
On GTA San Andreas, i drove a monster truck onto the roof of a police cruiser, wich understandibly Pi**ed him off, but I just sat there as he was tearing around the roads and turning round constantly.

Also, on the mission were you need to blow up a helicopter, above the freeway in the second city, I got in the helicopter as he took off, and pushed him out mid-air, he died.

highmarshaldave
30-06-2005, 21:28
My strangest game moment came from TS3: Future Perfect. Getting into the Zeep in the arctic level and causing havoc. 247 kills in 15 mins. With a monstrous 0% accuracy.

Freak Ona Leash
30-06-2005, 21:44
My strangest moment? Um, how about when the wall in Republic Commando shot me and killed me. Yeah. Here was my reaction"ZOMG!11!! 73h w4lL 1z h4x1NG!!!11111

magnificent*
30-06-2005, 23:49
blood 2- going into to no cliping mode and discovering the external city was in minature. The helicopters outside were actually really close to the window and about the size of a guys head, but you just assumed they were really far away.

fallout tactics - Working out a simple way to give extra team members extra XP but not being to explain it to anyone.

paradroid- 1988 a droid was in the wall and shot me, this made me learn how to walk through walls. I could not work out to shoot while in the wall however. I had a slight bug in paradroid where all enemies had triple the rate of fire but you could use this against them.

Vberg
03-07-2005, 03:11
My weirest moment was on the good old Sega Dreamcast with Phantasy Star Online V2. I had just bought one of these cheat disk things were you have to enter in lots of codes by hand. Well i found such cheats for PSOv2. The best of which were codes for every item in the game. Enter the code for the item you want and hey presto. So i chose a weapon called the soul eater which is a cool sythe thing in case you dont know. So my friend read out the code whilst i typed it in. However when i entered the game instead of holding a bad ass sythe i found my super chunky, super masculine android holding a five foot long pink flower. Hardly the result i was expecting. And yes my friend did read out the right code.

Bubble Ghost
03-07-2005, 05:15
One of my favourites was in Secret of Mana, an otherwise serious if typically abstract Japanese RPG, when one of the end-of-dungeon bosses turned out to be Santa Claus. Ludicrous.

x-esiv-4c
03-07-2005, 05:17
Santa? Don't remember that one. I do remember that 1/10000 chance that when you opened a chest a flood of those little black ninja guys would run across the screen.

Cheesejoff
03-07-2005, 15:07
There is an old NES boxing game called Ring King. The between-round animation is... interesting. I'll leave it at that.

! Is that a Midway Arcade Classic? If so.....I agree.

Bubble Ghost
03-07-2005, 23:52
Santa? Don't remember that one. I do remember that 1/10000 chance that when you opened a chest a flood of those little black ninja guys would run across the screen.

You hard to restore harmony to the Frosty Forest by 'killing' Santa Claus, who had turned into the Frost Gigas in the Ice Palace. Here he is (http://www.planetnintendo.com/secretofmana/images/screenshots/screen057.jpg) after his rescue.

Crux
04-07-2005, 02:16
Was testing out X-Box Live back when it was new, playing some sort of motorcycle racing game. One of the comments I heard then is still inprinted into my mind...

AAAAH! I JUST POURED SALT INTO MY EYE!

AAAAAAH! IT BURNS!

Arnizipal
04-07-2005, 02:33
! Is that a Midway Arcade Classic? If so.....I agree.
Ok, now I'm intrigued...

*does google image search*

Well, that didn't work... Feel like sharing it with the group?

Hiox
04-07-2005, 05:50
My weirest moment was on the good old Sega Dreamcast with Phantasy Star Online V2. I had just bought one of these cheat disk things were you have to enter in lots of codes by hand. Well i found such cheats for PSOv2. The best of which were codes for every item in the game. Enter the code for the item you want and hey presto. So i chose a weapon called the soul eater which is a cool sythe thing in case you dont know. So my friend read out the code whilst i typed it in. However when i entered the game instead of holding a bad ass sythe i found my super chunky, super masculine android holding a five foot long pink flower. Hardly the result i was expecting. And yes my friend did read out the right code.

Serves you right for cheating I say. Especially to get a fairly easy to find item. :eyebrows:

PBGhost
04-07-2005, 07:51
Battlefield 1942. We were holding a bridge against an onslaught of Axis forces with only a few huddled men. They're mainly sending vehicles, which we whittle away. Soon, the only thing on the bridge is a German buggy, which guns it. An Allied soldier runs to the middle of the road, and is reloading his rocket launcher as the buggy gets ever closer. He finishes and takes aim, ripping off a rocket when the buggy is barely 5 meters away. It hits the buggy, killing the driver and wrecking the vehicle. However, the buggy still has forward momentum. Coupled with the force from the blast, the wrecked buggy flies through the air and the bottom dings the AT soldier in the head, killing him.

Vberg
04-07-2005, 14:48
Serves you right for cheating I say. Especially to get a fairly easy to find item. :eyebrows:

In my defence your honour i had already played the game pretty much to death. The cheats were just a way to get some more fun out of it since the online mode seemed to be dead. Anyway i was using a ranger character so it was the only way i could get to use the cool close combat weapons.

The defence rests its case.

Rabid Bunny 666
04-07-2005, 15:07
on C&C renegade skirmish

a GDI marine runs in front of a MOVING harvester and stops, only to be ploughed down :D

Plaguebearer
04-07-2005, 16:01
Playing KOTOR; and suddenly everyones limbs locked up... You could move about as normal except no-ones arms or legs moved anymore... They just sort of levitated about from one place to another... after about 30 minutes it went back to normal... oddly it effected the cutscenes as well...

Bubble Ghost
04-07-2005, 16:12
Ok, now I'm intrigued...

*does google image search*

Well, that didn't work... Feel like sharing it with the group?

Here. Bear in mind the trainers are kind of... moving back and forth.

Archaon
04-07-2005, 16:43
Played Max Payne 2..you know, Film Noir shooter with bullet time. Cool as hell

Then came the level where you have to protect someone while inside a gigantic Clown costume including a very big head

I was just like :confused: :wtf:

davidks
06-07-2005, 19:17
playing "Destroy All Humans" on the mission "armquist vs the furons"

i was trying to holobob the navy commander, when all of a sudden, a truck comes hurtling round the, and knocks him straight into the sea... :wtf:

x-esiv-4c
06-07-2005, 19:23
How is that game by the way?

davidks
07-07-2005, 09:19
its ok... but i wouldnt pay 40 for it, not enough to do in it,
cause im at the end having only played it for 2 days

vipertaja
07-07-2005, 09:43
In the game SIN after the first level where one arrives in helicopter there's a short
movie of the character jumping down and then jumping through the window on the
roof. Once I still had the arms from the helicopter screen left in the lower corner and
as I had the trigger still down I shot my character in the head... :eyebrows:

He didn't mind though, proceeding to the roof window as usual, with blood running
down his face from the hole in his forehead.

It must have been an easter egg or something me thinks.

Xisor
08-07-2005, 14:29
Winning a ton of Saber duels on jedi knight SBX(a mod) online. Usually, if you're just as good as other people, you'll get killed soon anyway, one mistake and your out kinda thing. I was playing against the clan leaders, me being pretty pitiful, and it became quite a dance of me slaughtering people! :eek:

Quite strange, and yet seemingly cinematic.

Xisor

TenTailedCat
08-07-2005, 14:47
Mechwarrior series has given me most of my odd moments, like having both the arms blown off of my BushWhacker mech and still taking out a whole Lance company of enemy mechs with just my single head mounted M laser, worst moments are dropping into a multiplayer game and within a minute or two getting killed by enemy pop-tarts, which are enemy 'Mechs with jump jets who pop up from behind hills and launch LRM20 'Alpha Strikes' at your 'Mechs head or torso, usually killing you instantly

Yorkiebar
08-07-2005, 15:32
Falling under the sea on GTA (Yes, the original) and walking around beneath ground level, unable to do anything except be run over by subway trains.

vipertaja
08-07-2005, 16:27
In chaos gate there was this stubborn bastard of a sorcerer. He killed practically
everything I threw at him. The captain, the chaplain...a squad of terminators...and
some other stuff. He was even quick enough to usually kill them before they got to
strike.

Then I sent a normal space marine against him. The sorcerer fell to the first stab of
his knife.

Uriel
09-07-2005, 22:46
In metal gear solid: snake eater, waiting in the jail to long causes the gaurd to totally freak out, it's hillarious.

Gnarlydude
10-07-2005, 22:49
I thought managing to get 102.3% accuracy was quite impressive on Goldeneye, especially considering I missed an awful lot on that level...

Bubble Ghost
10-07-2005, 23:42
I thought managing to get 102.3% accuracy was quite impressive on Goldeneye, especially considering I missed an awful lot on that level...
Aha, but it counts rounds as 100% accurate per person killed. If all you did on a level was fire one rocket with which you killed 4 people, you'd finish with 400% accuracy.

~

Another strange moment happened today - I actually beat M. Bison on Street Fighter Alpha 3. It took me an hour and a half. *shudder*

Asher
10-07-2005, 23:58
In Secret of Mana, pretty early in the game, you get caught by two orcs and put into a big pot. Later in the game there is somekind of a programing error, that does the following: If you cast a certain spell in an area (I don't remember which one) and imidiatly fly into the area you got caught in, you will see the same two orcs again...dieing...forever. They get respawned a second after their death only to die a second later. You can't neither stop this nor interact with the two at all. Did't find this out myself thought, but in a guide, it worked however.

Gnarlydude
11-07-2005, 22:27
Aha, but it counts rounds as 100% accurate per person killed. If all you did on a level was fire one rocket with which you killed 4 people, you'd finish with 400% accuracy.

Really? That seems pretty lame, I was enjoying it as a glitch for all these years... However, I got it on the train level, using an RCP-90 a lot, which does'nt fit in with the theory too well... Ah well, thanks for the semi-explanation anyway.

Starkey
11-07-2005, 23:40
two game moments both in GTA SA. (PC)

1) I jump out of a plane whilst it was moving up a hill. i turned round to see in my hrror as the plane was racing back down the hill straight toward me.

2)another plane incident. i jumped out of another moving plane i stood up. the plane hit a wall and bounced back at me a and squashed me undeneath it so i couldnt get back up and eventually got wasted

The lesson of the day is not to jump out planes as that ae moving lol

TenTailedCat
12-07-2005, 00:02
Just had one in Shogun Total War, which I dug out for nostalgia.

I had one Kensai (sword saint) at honour 3 chase off an emeny army of two regiments of 120 Samurai archers and one regiment of 120 Yari Ashigaru.

On another battle my army which was worth approximately 50000 Koku, with well over a dozen regiments, including heavy cavalry, musketeers, Battlefield Ninja and No Dachi samurai failed to polish off a meagre little rebel army of only about six regiments defending their crappy little garrison, I got chased off the field in shame.

Kommissar Wulf
12-07-2005, 01:34
Not one that I did, but one I just remembered. A firend playing Day of Defeat was experimenting on one of the old Para maps being rather bored on the server. One of the objectives was to take out a radio room with explosives. Outside is the antenna for it. HHe decided to see what happened if he shot it with his panzerschrek. It destroyed it. It in turn killed him when it landed on his head...