PDA

View Full Version : The Wings? They do nothing.

inq.serge
08-08-2006, 17:30
Im going to play eldar, and have an autrarch.

I want to have the spider jump pack, but the wings are so ******** cool!

I was thinking of modeling my with jump pack and model wings on the jump pack.

I won't use the wings (nor pay for them), and if someone mentions the wings, and ask why I have them, may I answer "The wings? They do nothing"?

And would it be accepted in WYSIWYG?

t-tauri
08-08-2006, 17:34
WYSIWYG What you see is what you get. I see swooping Hawk Wings. But you've not got them?

I'd be reluctant to allow it except in a friendly game simply because they carry the potential for confusion.

Kriegsherr
08-08-2006, 17:51
why don't just use the hawk wings instead of a warp jump pack? I mean the difference game wise is not THIS big, and if it looks cooler its worth a small draw back (the only one I know of is that you can jump back with the WJP, maybe I'm missing some other as I only had a quick glimpse at the old Eldar dex)

inq.serge
08-08-2006, 18:56
The spider jump pack allows you to jump thru solid items, i e buildnings.

Oberon
08-08-2006, 19:23

While wings allow you to jump _over_ those solid items, so... :confused:

Crube
08-08-2006, 19:25
Personally, no problem... Maybe a little conversion - some kind of powerpack / wires on the wings...

Point out to your opponent to avoid confusion, pay the points clearly on your army list, and make siure to point it ouut to any judge coming round...

Son of the Lion
08-08-2006, 19:35
Yup. As long as they look substantially different from the original ones. clearly #could# represent a WJP, and you tell your opponent before hand, I really don't see how anyone can reasonably object.

Lokithwe
08-08-2006, 19:42

Hypothetically, you can also warp jump through solid walls and into a building, if it was modeled to allow for such.

Gorbad Ironclaw
08-08-2006, 19:45
I'd be reluctant to allow it except in a friendly game simply because they carry the potential for confusion.

If there were multiple ones running around, all with different equipment, possibly, yeah.

If there are only a single model that looks like that and you get told before the game what it is, whats there to be confused about?

Skrittiblak
08-08-2006, 19:54
If there were multiple ones running around, all with different equipment, possibly, yeah.

If there are only a single model that looks like that and you get told before the game what it is, whats there to be confused about?

Hehe! I can just see it now:

ELDAR TURN 4

"You can't jump in there. Thats a solid bunker and door's on the other side."

"DUDE! For like the tenth time - these aren't wings, they're a warpspider jump generator!"

"Whoah, whoah, whoah! Those look like wings to me. I'm totally confused."

"We've been over this so many times. How can you still be confused!?"

"Hey. The look like wings to me. That's all I'm saying but go on."

ELDAR TURN 5

"Hey. No way. You don't have enough move to get out of the bunker this turn. Door's on the other side. Even with wings you can't make it."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHH!!!! NOT WINGS!"