PDA

View Full Version : Heresy Quotations

DantesInferno
19-06-2005, 14:37
I'm just going through my background books compiling my favourite quotations, and I realised I couldn't provide the correct attributation to the following classic quotes, (which I'm pretty sure are accurate, but feel free to correct):

“Make no mistake, human. We do not fight for your Emperor. We fight against Horus.” (Eldar, possibly farseer, possibly Eldrad, possibly anonymous)

"Let the galaxy burn." Now I know this can be attributed to Abaddon, but did Horus say it first?

Any other famous Heresy quotes would be nice too, though we don't seem to get much direct speech from the Heresy (which is nice in a way - keeps it ambiguous and ambivalent).

TenTailedCat
19-06-2005, 14:42
I know Horus said "Let the Galaxy burn" and there was a whole speech behind it but I can't remember it for the life of me.

astrocortex
19-06-2005, 14:58
How's about the Emperor telling horus
You're deluded! during their final battle.

Although everything they said during that story struck me as being quite powerful.

TenTailedCat
19-06-2005, 15:02
Sanguinius said to Horus:

"You're weak, and you are not my brother."

DantesInferno
19-06-2005, 23:45
Hmmm I was wondering if we could take quotations from Bill King's story of the fight between the Emperor and Horus, it does have some of the only direct speech I'm aware of. Some nice lines indeed:
"Why? You ask me why? Have all those millennia taught you nothing? Weak fool, your timidity prevented you from binding the forces of Chaos. You shied away from the ultimate power. I have bound it to my will and will lead humanity into the new age. I, Horus, Master of Chaos."

"No man can master Chaos. You have deluded yourself. You are the servant, not the master."

"Feel the true nature of my power then tell me I am deluded."

"You are deluded."

On another note, I'm sure Horus did say "Let the galaxy burn", but I'm only getting this from somewhere which said something to the effect of "Like Horus before him, Abaddon swore to let the galaxy burn" which isn't really the same as a direct quote.

And does anyone have a source for the Eldar-related quote:"Make no mistake, human. We do not fight for your Emperor. We fight against Horus"?

wilting_laughter
19-06-2005, 23:55
I thought that eldar quote was from the 13th black crusade and it was chaos not horus...or maybe that was a re-hash.

x-esiv-4c
20-06-2005, 00:16
"laugh and the whole world laughs with you, fart and you're on your own"

But seriously, wasn't there a quote to the degree of:

"Wait a 'mo, that was me!" - Ollanius Pious.

TenTailedCat
20-06-2005, 00:19
This whole Ollanius Pious thing is really out of hand... I hereby curse whoever brough Ollanius back into circulation -I know you're on this forum still, I'll dance on your grave...

x-esiv-4c
20-06-2005, 00:26
Ohhh someone finds the truth a little painful.

TenTailedCat
20-06-2005, 00:31
No, I find stupidity painful. Warhammer has moved on, Sanguinius died for the Emperor, not some grotty little guardsman.

x-esiv-4c
20-06-2005, 00:33
It's just a game guy, relax.

TenTailedCat
20-06-2005, 00:37
I know that! But it gets my goat that every other thread gets hijacked by you guys, it was funny at first but now it's just annoying. *shakes fist*

Brimstone
20-06-2005, 05:51
This whole Ollanius Pious thing is really out of hand... I hereby curse whoever brough Ollanius back into circulation -I know you're on this forum still, I'll dance on your grave...

That would be me, got a problem with that ?

x-esiv-4c hijack any more threads and you'll get more than the warning I'm just to about to issue.

Nagothrand
20-06-2005, 08:29
There was also "The night belongs to us and dawn will not save them" by Horus, during the Siege of Terra.

TenTailedCat
20-06-2005, 09:37
That would be me, got a problem with that ?

x-esiv-4c hijack any more threads and you'll get more than the warning I'm just to about to issue.

*Beats you to death with a stick*

Look what you've brought upon the world. :cries:

charlie_c67
20-06-2005, 11:46
"Oh no the Salamanders have pulled out of the war!"
"What's wrong with that?"
"It means that there is now 900,000 Traitor marines are moving with all speed to Terra with the express purpose of using my nipples for target practice."

The Emperor on hearing of the rebellion to a short unknown scribe with bad halitosis.

:D