PDA

View Full Version : army list edicate

need2thump
09-08-2006, 03:52
Hello to all,

Question: Is it edicate to customize your army list to exploite the weakness's of your opponent's army? I play the 13th Company and have fairl good sucess because I have a 'customized' army list for every army I go against. Some of my friends think it is not fair that I have a custom list for each different army I play again. They say I should try an make a general list, tweek it some but try to win with a static. I say then if that is the case, why did GW offer so many different armies and so many variables when creating an army list.

Thoughts??

Saxon
09-08-2006, 03:58
I agree with your friends - I could personally tool an army to beat any opponent - there's no real challenge in that. I play a fair few tournaments so I always like to make a balanced list that takes on all-comers. It takes more skill to win with a balanced list against an apponent instead of a list tooled for a specific enemy - what happens if you roll up for your game and you're playing someone else?

Yarick Zan
09-08-2006, 04:34
i make a general army list too. i find that sometimes it helps especially when your opponent is NOT geared the way youd think they should be. and i also dont know what im going to play against until i get to my local store. it helps more to have a general list so that way you dont come off as being a person who has the "i must win every game i play" disease. i can tell you those people are annoying.

Malphax
09-08-2006, 05:05
In games with my buddies I'll occasionally make a "prepare to die, mortal!" army specifically tailored to destroy them, but not often, and usually it's after a solid loss on my part to make me feel better. :angel:

One of my former usual opponents also only played with "specialized" lists, and frankly it got really, really annoying after a while. Eventually we'd bring multiple armies, or have someone else's army nearby, so whichever specialized list he plopped onto the table, we could plop our other army down instead. "Tons of large-blast artillery and flamers, I see. Emperor's Children! Lots of lascannons? Orks! Nothing with a strength over 8? Necrons! All melee footsloggers? Tau!" Eventually he caught the drift (since his specialized list was usually totally unprepared for what actually hit the table) and started making all-comers lists. Problem solved.

(Etiquette.)

Xurben
09-08-2006, 05:11
I'm going to agree with everyone too, I tend to only make 1 army list per army I own. (adjusting up or down if the points are not 1850)

There is some skill in making a good army list, without known what you will face. I rather enjoy that aspect!

Thylacine
09-08-2006, 05:21
need2thump.

Sod etiquette, I play a night league and often we don't know the mission until we arrive and there is no way to know who I will be playing so I take most of the collection and multiple lists to counter anything I may come up against. Why take lots of las-cannons when you come up against a horde army and you need templates?

The only army I have is SW's so they have no long range, hard hitting weapons in their packs, so for me it is a need to bring multiple lists. OBTW a goodly number of the group are 'power gamers' and they won't give you an inch. It took me a while to learn but when I decided to bring tailored lists to counter their hard as selections I started winning a few games.

Thylacine:chrome:

Pity is a sign of weakness.

Xurben
09-08-2006, 05:29
If you cant make a "take all comers" list with space wolves, I'm shocked.

shabbadoo
09-08-2006, 05:49
If both sides are doing if, fine. If one side is doing it then they are cheesey gits. The fact that you even ask the question begs the answer. Tooling an army to play against a certain enemy is considered poor sportsmanship. Tooling up in this way may might result in you gaining the nickname: "Tool". What you should be tooling your army for is for scenarios, not armies. Most people "tool" their army in a general sense so that they can handle any scenario or opponent reasonably.

There is a reason why there is no side board in most tournaments, the idea being that you need to build an all-around good army and know how to play it against all other armies you will meet(and who knows what they might bring). It is a limitation of sorts, but one that serves to illustrate the strengths and weaknesses of an army as well as those of the player.

Kahadras
09-08-2006, 05:50
The only army I have is SW's so they have no long range, hard hitting weapons in their packs, so for me it is a need to bring multiple lists.

I disagree with this. OK Space Wolves cannot take heavy weapons in their tactical squads. So what? They get their anti tank support from a different place. To counter the lack of missile launchers/lazcannon in my Grey Hunter packs I use slightly more vehicles/dreads than I would in a normal Space Marine army to compensate.

Kahadras

Morgrad
09-08-2006, 06:21
If both sides are doing it, it's fine (and fun!).

If you know you're playing against a "take all comers" army, I recommend you bring a "take all comers" army. It'll make things more tactically interesting, and more fun.

Thylacine
13-08-2006, 16:37
I disagree with this. OK Space Wolves cannot take heavy weapons in their tactical squads. So what? They get their anti tank support from a different place. To counter the lack of missile launchers/lazcannon in my Grey Hunter packs I use slightly more vehicles/dreads than I would in a normal Space Marine army to compensate.

Ok, so how much more do you pay in points for the vehicle/dreads? A space marine costs 15 points and his las-cannon costs 15 points, to match that we pay 203 points for a V-dread or 153 points for a Predator Annihilator. Do the math.

If you cant make a "take all comers" list with space wolves, I'm shocked.

There was a list floating about on the web and I think it was in CA that showed that SW's were one of the hardest armies to win with and that was before 4th ed and the new codex's.

Try having a 'fun' game against TAU these days, they out shoot you and can put twice as many models on the table for the same points cost. Or take on a big Nid army you can shoot ordnance at them a full six turns but in the end they will win its a numbers game. Nids can afford to tie your units up in HtH for half of the game and have full units standing by idle, to make the count at the end of the game.

I win games with SW's but they are few and far between, I loose far more than I win. If you think my thoughts are wrong, go to a couple of tournaments and see just how few people use SW's these days. The last two tournaments I when to had two SW armies and one of the two was mine. The most numerous armies, in order were Eldar, SM;s CSM's Tau, Nids and Necrons.

Thylacine:chrome:

Pity is a sign of weakness.

yankeeboy
13-08-2006, 16:44
actual spelling: etiquette

Venomizer
13-08-2006, 16:48
I only make one general list and then never ammend it again (unless I'm corrected in things like point values)

I like the challenge of diving into the unknown with my games - in terms of both my opponent and their army list, I'm not bothered if they end up knowing my list off by heart after 3-4 games

makes things more interesting - they know the list, but not the tactics that go with said list

Xurben
13-08-2006, 16:56
To the Space puppie player.

The reason for lack of space wolves in most scenes now has a lot to do with them being known as a power-gamer army. Mostly from old second edition where they were pretty unstoppable. But even in the rhino rush world of 3rd edtition they did it better then most.

You have to play to the strengths though. You don't get heavy weapons, but it's not a sit and shoot army.. adapt. Your basic squads get power weapons and fists and melta/plsama guns, that's pretty strong. Your venerable is better then anyone elses and counts as an HQ if you want.. and lets you reroll for the first turn. You can take exterminators, btw 2 of those solves most lack of range problems. You also have better devistator and scout squads then other armies. Tell me again why they are hard to win with?

Don't blame the tools..

Chem-Dog
13-08-2006, 17:02
Hello to all,

Question: Is it edicate to customize your army list to exploite the weakness's of your opponent's army?

Not sure if edicate (http://blogs.msdn.com/jledgard/archive/2003/11/13/53734.aspx) is a word....

For the most part, I'm with you on this, I think most people do it regardless of what they say, (if you have prior warning that you will be facing a non marine army do you take as many plasmaguns as you would otherwise? If you know your opponant is fielding his super swarm Tyranid army do you drop a few Lascannons in favour of a brace of Heavy Bolters? Of course you do) it's part of the game to design an army that will beat it's enemy.
Your friends should cotton on to the idea and design forces that deal with your 13th Co effectively this is where a whole level of tactical planning comes into it, it's great for your opponant to see a unit he hadn't figured you'd field in your battle line, one you bought assembled and painted in secret, like a 10 man storm terminator assualt squad teleporting into battle :evilgrin:

I only make one general list and then never ammend it again (unless I'm corrected in things like point values)

I like the challenge of diving into the unknown with my games - in terms of both my opponent and their army list, I'm not bothered if they end up knowing my list off by heart after 3-4 games

makes things more interesting - they know the list, but not the tactics that go with said list

This kind of gaming has it's palces and I do have an "all comers" list but the size battles we generally play leave me with little room to include the fun stuff (by personal preference I must include at least 2 infantry platoons in my army so by the time I've kitted these out a large chunk of my points are usually spoken for) so I like to rotate the other stuff.

HeraldoftheGods
13-08-2006, 17:13
There are two types of list that the majority of people play with. These are the Tournament list and the Tailored list.

A tournament list is an army designed so that whatever you come up against, you should stand a good chance, whether you come up against the daemon-bomb chaos army from hell or the hordes of an ork foot slogging force. Regardless of what you come up against, the army should do well, provided your opponent is also playing with a tournament list. Most people play with these types of armies. (note: you don't have to play in a tournament to play with a tournament list, that's just it's name)

A tailored list is where you find out which race you are going to come up against and building an army specificaly to beat that. This leads to some incredibly fun games on as both sides are designed to blat the snot out of the opponent. However (and it is a big however) these games are only fun if BOTH sides decide to do it. If one person plays a tournie list and the other plays with a tailored list, the player with the tailored list is at a HUGE advantage - sometimes they are at so great an advantage that it just becomes no fun.

So the solution is simple - encourage your friend to write a tournament list and to play a few games against various opponents with that (tournament lists often require a bit of tweaking). That way you could ask them to play a game with an all comers list.
If they don't want to do that, then face the fact that your friend is the type of person who only wants to play with tailored lists - and the only way to have a fun game against them is to take a tailored list yourself.

As to your original question of is it etiquette? - Your friend has made it clear that he only wants to play with tailored lists. If this is made clear before the game, and you decide to play against him anyway then it is poor form to complain about it afterwards. Your friend has made it very clear the terms to which he will play a game - the decision is yours as to whether you abide by those terms, or whether you just don't play him.

Now if he adjusts his army AFTER he discovers your army consists of - then that is indeed poor etiquette.

Grotsnik
13-08-2006, 17:26
. Tooling an army to play against a certain enemy is considered poor sportsmanship.

By some people, not by all.
Just another example of someone thinking their way is "the only way". :D

Kahadras
13-08-2006, 18:31
Ok, so how much more do you pay in points for the vehicle/dreads? A space marine costs 15 points and his las-cannon costs 15 points, to match that we pay 203 points for a V-dread or 153 points for a Predator Annihilator. Do the math.

Yeah and how many people sink points into 6 men laz/plas squads? I can't take heavy weapons in my tac squads? That's a good thing as I can move without having to regret not firing the heavy weapon every turn.

The rise of the 6 man laz/plas, 9 Tornado and 3 Pred list (along with all the other powergaming lists out there) comes from people 'doing the maths' without regard for how the army is actualy ment to work. Can't power game with Space Wolves? I see that as a good thing.

Also your maths is pretty poor. A space marine and his lazcannon may cost 30 points but he needs a squad to go with. This squad then has to sit around for the entire game while the lazcannon toting marine shoots at enemy vehicles. Additionaly why do we need to take expencive anti tank units like venerable dreadnoughts? Why not use normal dreads?

Kahadras

grimsnagga
13-08-2006, 19:41
Hello to all,

Question: Is it edicate to customize your army list to exploite the weakness's of your opponent's army? I play the 13th Company and have fairl good sucess because I have a 'customized' army list for every army I go against. Some of my friends think it is not fair that I have a custom list for each different army I play again. They say I should try an make a general list, tweek it some but try to win with a static. I say then if that is the case, why did GW offer so many different armies and so many variables when creating an army list.

Thoughts??

Here's my thought... try it. Try to make a "take all comers" list that can be effective against all the armies you face. Consider it a challenge to your army building and tactical skills. Better yet, try taking a list customized for fighting Space Marines against a Tyranid horde army... that would be a huge challenge to your tactical skills.

You might loose a few battles, sure, but the experience will improve your skills on the tabletop and ultimately make you a better player.

Minister
13-08-2006, 21:23
I am in the habbit of shifting my army after games, as I'm not exactly a tactical expert and am in dire need of more gaming to find out what works (and also in need of 30 and a conversion idea for a second Exorcist), but I change it after the previous game, not before the next one.

Gaebriel
13-08-2006, 21:45
Depends on where and how you play - in an open environment, be it club or store an all-comers list makes more sense anyway. If you on the other hand play in a closed environment with a small number of friends you're bound to know whom you come up against - then tooling is an option.

We rarely field all-comers lists, not the least because we never trained to build them. Then we had some really bad experiences with people being outgunned against overspecialized enemies (Tyranids and Necrons come to mind). Last, what is the fun of owning 8,000 pts of an army when not choosing what is best for each game?

We typically end up with very balanced battles, because everyone tools his armies. Tooling not meaning to load up on the killer combos against the opponent but more to leave the real useless things at home.

AmasNagol
13-08-2006, 22:09
You are perfectly in your rights to change your list outside of tournament conditions. You can do what you want.

Why should you ever be expected to play with the same list every game? That's stupidness.

If people complain, offer them the same opportunity to change their list as well. If they haven't put as much time into painting and converting enough models to have a flexible list, that's their fault.

Kahadras
13-08-2006, 22:20
Why should you ever be expected to play with the same list every game? That's stupidness.

If people complain, offer them the same opportunity to change their list as well. If they haven't put as much time into painting and converting enough models to have a flexible list, that's their fault.

Do remember please that some people are on a limited budget. They simply can't go out and buy new units every month or whenever they feel like it.

I always have a set list that I play to. Although I have other models I like to experiment and mess around rather than tool up to face whoever I happen to be playing against.

Kahadras

UnRiggable
13-08-2006, 22:56
it's part of the game to design an army that will beat it's enemy...This kind of gaming has it's palces and I do have an "all comers" list but the size battles we generally play leave me with little room to include the fun stuff (by personal preference I must include at least 2 infantry platoons in my army so by the time I've kitted these out a large chunk of my points are usually spoken for) so I like to rotate the other stuff.

It's also part of the game to be able to make split second decisions (although you usually have time to make these decisions) when something unexpected pops up. But I agree with you to some extent, even though knowing what army you are facing doesn't say much (unless it's necrons). What if your friend invites you to challenge his SM army and, thinking SM, you bring tons of melta and low AP weapons, only seeing that he has four units of scouts and three units of scout bikers? Of course an All Comers list is incredibly satisfying when you see that it simply will not be beaten.

marv335
14-08-2006, 00:20
i have an all comers, never changing combat patrol list.
it contains scouts. just scouts (and scout bikers)
it's running at around an 80% win rate.
very satisfying :D

Malphax
14-08-2006, 01:54
Do remember please that some people are on a limited budget. They simply can't go out and buy new units every month or whenever they feel like it.

There's a big difference between choosing to field the same list due to economic necessity and HAVING to field the same list every time you play despite owning other models. Personally I don't see a big problem with tailoring your list in small part to another's... occasionally. If it's a campaign setting, you damn well better tailor your forces, but barring that or a "grudge match" it's generally considered bad form.

Kahadras
14-08-2006, 08:20
There's a big difference between choosing to field the same list due to economic necessity and HAVING to field the same list every time you play despite owning other models.

My point is though that it's a bit unfair to tailor your list if your opponant cannot do the same.

Kahadras

Sir_Lunchalot
14-08-2006, 08:36
The view held by the majority is that tailoring your list to murder the enemy's army when the enemy does not do the same is bad form. This depends on teh environment, there are a numebr of gaming groups where tailored lists are the norm, and in those cases complaining about that is bad form. In most gaming groups, also in my experience, tailoring is seen as relatively unsporting.

BrainFireBob
14-08-2006, 08:45
1) There's also the issue of time.

2) Really, what's the environment?

With strangers, the majority of whom seem to play either take-all-comers lists (more tactically challenging for former power gamers, happily satisfying for fluff nuts, and for anyone looking to be in a tournament [requires a set list] a necessity) or are newbies, it would be very rude to slap down a list tailored to rip their army apart deliberately, would it not?

Adorable child: "Hey mister, we'd like to play baseball! We're short a guy, play with us?"

Mark McGuire "K, can I hit it toward your face?"

That'd be INSANELY WRONG (and not something he'd do, just the first power-hitter I came up with).

Now, where it's the norm to do so, feel free! It is part of the game. It is not, however, ALL of the game.

Colonial Rifle
14-08-2006, 09:44
I use 'all-comers' list exclusively, even in big games where our local group can bring any odds and sods. I find it more satisfying to build armies that can consistently take on all opponents in any given environment. The only exceptions are when you and your opponent agree to tailor lists before hand (usually for a specific scenario) or in CoD, where tailoring is encouraged.

Tailoring in other circumstances is cowardice and will make you a poor tactician in the long-run. Where is the skill/honour in slaughtering and unprepared ork army with a tailored force loaded down with H-bolters? There isn't.

ashc
14-08-2006, 09:54
I get far much more pleasure from building an all-comers list and using that list than tailoring one every time i know who im fighting; call it personal satisfaction if you will.

tastes even sweeter if you beat a tailored list with your all-comers one.

Ash

Cruentus
14-08-2006, 15:11
In my opinion, the 'all-comers' list is the way to go. If you build a well rounded force, and continue to use it, you will win with it.

The trick, though, is to keep playing it. In that way, you learn the ins and outs of the list, and the units. You know what works where. I have great success with my army(ies), and I always use the same list (going on about 8 years now). Boring? Nope. And it helps with the financial aspect, as I don't have 8,000 points, but rather 2000.

A friend in our group plays Templars, and he is constantly changing out units, switching special weapons, adding, removing. And he hasn't been able to figure out how to win with the army either. There is definately something to sticking with an army (you will win with it) after you learn how to use it properly.

yodasluck
14-08-2006, 19:11
I play in a small group, but we usually maintain the same 1000pt "all-comers" list that we base our games on. We just add detachments to the base 1000pt army to reach the points we agreed on. If someone tailors it to a specific army, we randomly roll a scenario from the 2005 RTT scenario pack to de-emphasize it.

UnRiggable
14-08-2006, 21:59
Yeah nobody plays so often that they mastered each of their twelve army lists.

ChaosBob
14-08-2006, 22:35
Need2thump-

Do you ask the person that you are going to play what army they are going to play then go and make a list to counter? If so, then that is poor sportsmanship. What challenge is it to know what your opponent's weaknesses are and build to that just to get a crushing victory? I say, make a list before you go to your game night. Then play whoever and test your skills that way. That is a true challenge!

Karloth Valois
14-08-2006, 23:49
If both sides know the game is coming and then tool up accordingly then thats cool.

Tooling for your opponent when they are using a general list however is not really fair and pretty bad form. You may think you aren't getting much of an advantage but wait till you face an Eldar army geared for marine-mashing and you'll see the light :)

Gaebriel
15-08-2006, 08:28
... Do you ask the person that you are going to play what army they are going to play then go and make a list to counter? ...
Technically, yes - Though I must strike the word game night out of the paragraph, because sadly we have none of those :( We're a loose group of perhaps five people and to get a game we have to fix it, meaning say time and place. As rarely more than the fixed persons show up with lists, and everyone only plays one army, we know what're facing beforehand.

As I said - I think it depends on the environment you play in. For playing in open groups with a changing memberbase in two digits, or if you're training for tournaments all-comers makes sense. If you're playing in a limited set environment, with people who're not interested in tournaments, it's an entirely other matter.

And tailored lists rarley degenerate into mindless hackfests. It's not that we quench every last ounce of anti-effectiveness out of our armylists. It's more about what not to take - as leaving flamers at home against Necrons...

marv335
15-08-2006, 10:58
i don't have tailored lists as much as i have themed lists.
after all i have 5500pts of marines. with all that variety to choose from why restrict myself to one list?
i can field a 1st company force, infantry marines, mechanised, marines, 10th company, etc. i've got a folder with over a dozen different lists at several points values. i choose armies as the mood takes me.

grg3d
15-08-2006, 11:23
Well I play Necrons...try to tailor that army to fight someone :rolleyes:
I take what I have from the points/figures that I got.(5000pt all troop types)
However their is an Elder player that takes a certain special charter all the time...with a seer councle..so I went out and bought the Nightbringer model to kick his butt just once....so the next time he ask's me if I mind him using a special charter I'll say .."As long as you don't mind me bringing one" :D

Master Jeridian
15-08-2006, 12:21
Taking an all-comers list doesn't have to mean taking only one list for all time...

I have several lists for my Space Marines, each based on a theme yet still able to take on all-comers.
E.g. Mech SM- all in Rhino's & Razorbacks, with armoured support.
Tourney SM- a mixture of vehicles and infantry.
Stealth Warriors- all or most of the troops Infiltrate, very few vehicles.
Drop Pod Assault- enough said.

None of these list's are tailored to beat a specific opponent, just to do well in many situations.

I'm sorry but tailoring just seems cheap to me. You can either take an all-comers list and have to think your way to winning- using units for duties they may not be suited for, or you may never have envisaged.
Or you can just happen to have the right tools for the job all the time- showing more about your model collection than your skill.

Brush your teeth
15-08-2006, 12:26
just to add my 2 cents here.

i personally always write a list as if im going to be in a tourny plaing randomised forces so my armies need to take all comers.

the only time i dont do this is when you want to beat that 1 master of cheese in the club so you base your list around the one element he cant handle (although i almost never play with those lists)

LarryS
15-08-2006, 12:54
As a general rule, I don't build armies to fight specific opponents. I tinker w/ my lists a lot, but more on an experimental basis. I may swap out units just because I want to try a different tactic or balance of units. Also, I switch between 2 different armies based on mood...

That said, if I knew that someone was tailoring an army list specifically to beat my army (esp. switching doctrines, etc.) I would feel perfectly justified in piling on every cheese unit and special rule I could muster to crush his army into dust...:evilgrin:

Gaebriel
15-08-2006, 13:45
... Or you can just happen to have the right tools for the job all the time ...
Technically, I would be ashamed if as a Space Marine Commander I would bring a knive to a gunfight. Backgroundwise I usually know which opponent I face, as Marines seldomly wander around in a combat zone for a longer period of time with a "let's see who we'll meet today"-attitude. If I play a strike force, I have a Strike cruiser in orbit, I just deployed a minute before the fight, and I'll be gone a few minutes after... As well as I rarely get called upon with no more info than - "just come down - we're attacked by - uhm - something..."

In modern warfare I would believe this to be true for most armies out there, so I don't have a problem if everyone brings the right tools for the job...

But that's from a background perspective - I would never play a person with a tailored list without them knowing it's tailored, and in my environment that's pretty the way things go...

Then there's levels of tailoring. Throw in themed armies and you get even more variations. I would like to know of someone who's opposed to tailoring what they think a tailored list looks like? It's far from 10 heavy bolters against Tau or 10 Lascannons against Marines - min/maxing is one thing, tailoring another. I call it being prepared for the enemy. And I never built a list that was considered being cheese.

And last - how shall someone who has a limited number of enemies, most of them Space Marines, Tau and Imperial Guard, build an all-comers list? What I want to say is, opinions on all-comers vs. tailoring are okay, but must always be set in context...

Sir_Lunchalot
15-08-2006, 20:12
There is a difference between tailoring and building an army to suit your local metagame. If your local metagame is SM, IG and Tau, you'll build a different all comers list than if your opponents were Tyranids, Orks, and Chaos. There's a difference between making sure you can handle marine armies and have the firepower to mow trough IG infantry, and ignoring the plasma and rockets in favour of as many heavy bolters as possible to get rid of those Guard Infantry.

Stormhammers
15-08-2006, 20:18
a rule of thumb that I have used to some sucsess is to build an army to fight marines. Marines have a fairly good balance of assault troops, vehicles, heavy firepower and a number of rather strong troops. If you build your army to defeat that, your army can at the very least put up a good fight against most any other force.

zealousheretic
15-08-2006, 20:37
I always have a set list that I play to. Although I have other models I like to experiment and mess around rather than tool up to face whoever I happen to be playing against.

That's my motivation for using a variety of lists as well, I own a very large number of Tyranids, it seems like a shame to only ever use about 1,500 points of that collection. I primarily make changes to include units I haven't used in a while or that I just like, run a particular theme, or try something new or a little different.

I have a pretty solid all-comers army list that comes out if the game looks to be more competitive (it's more balanced, with a good amount of anti-tank, fodder, synapse, and killy). In a "friendly" match or the like, I'm much more likely to bring something unusual or tricky.

Sandals
15-08-2006, 20:47
we almost exclusively play with tournament style lists here, as we are usually preparing for something. however, this doesn't mean playing with the same army all the time.

a good example of this sort of thing comes to mind from a couple of weeks ago. I was planning to play a game against my friends army and said i'd use my dark eldar. he then said he'd use his marines. now his marine list is full of assault cannons, and wouldn't be any fun for a dark eldar army to face. as this was just a friendly game i changed my mind during the week and brought my marines. i knew what he had in his list, but instead of tailoring a list to beat him i took a generic marine tournamet list.

i ask the people who never change their list: is this wrong? should i have kept my dark eldar and lost? i don't think so. i think that having a good game is almost always paramount, not winning at all costs.

i have many different armies, but most of them have very little in the way of options as they are almost all 1500 pts and designed for tournamnets. the only exception is my blood angels, and even they don't have all the options i would like!