PDA

View Full Version : What type of 7th edition are you getting?

johhny-turbo
09-08-2006, 05:07
Not entirly sure where this should be so if it's not, mods feels free to move it.

I'll probaly get the Gamer's Edition. The satchel is rather attractive and the mini rulebook is certainly useful.

At first I was leaning toward to BFSP due to the shear number of models in it but then relised I could always get it at a later date.

edit- shoot, I forgot to put the BFSP promo offer. If your gonna get that then just say bfsp but mention it in your post

snurl
09-08-2006, 05:12
Gamers edition was sold out last friday when i called to order it so it's just the rulebook for me.

johhny-turbo
09-08-2006, 05:14
Gamers edition was sold out last friday when i called to order it so it's just the rulebook for me.
Really? Do you live in the US?

If it's sold out here then I'd just get the regular rulebook also.

Seth the Dark
09-08-2006, 05:58
I'm going to get the edition with the red templates and the carrying case.

DeathMasterSnikch
09-08-2006, 06:17
I'm not voting yet...If my brother gets BfSP then I'll get another skaven battalion and get the promo fanatic. If not I'm not sure to go for just the book or gamers edition...I'll use teh poll when I decide ;)

Edit: Has anyone got a list of the content for gamers edition?

Elanthanis
09-08-2006, 06:29
Gamers Edition was purchased last week. I believe it is sold out in the US

johhny-turbo
09-08-2006, 07:16
I'm not voting yet...If my brother gets BfSP then I'll get another skaven battalion and get the promo fanatic. If not I'm not sure to go for just the book or gamers edition...I'll use teh poll when I decide ;)

Edit: Has anyone got a list of the content for gamers edition?

Gamer's edition comes with the main rulebook, ivory effect dice (dice that look like ivory basicly) in a puch, red gaming templates, a smaller rulebook (the one that comes with bfsp) and a satchel to carry it all in with (imo) a rather cool warhammer symbol on it.

Edahlo
09-08-2006, 08:31
Im getting Battle for Skull Pass, as i am new to Warhammer fantasy. :)

EDIT: And you get a lot of models for a very good price.

Galonthar
09-08-2006, 08:40
just the normal rulebook for me.. als long as he rules are the same its fine with me

snurl
09-08-2006, 09:07
Yes, I live in the US, Lancaster PA to be exact, and US mail order said they were sold out as of noon Friday, 8/4/06

Daemon king Mad Dog
09-08-2006, 09:18
Battle for skull pass, i am a dwarf player and thier easy to put together!

Three Headed Monkey
09-08-2006, 09:41
Just the main rulebook. I bought Battle of Macragge and havent used the minitures, lost the templates and dice and now regret missing out on the race background plus the extra rules from the main rule book (the special missions and now Cities of Death is out, the rules for barricades and bunkers etc).

So I'm getting the main rulebook. I got my hands on a copy lately, looks good. Didnt get too good a read, but there is some really nice looking art. In particular a pic of a thousand flagalents (sp) pulling an giant, automated effigy of 'Middenheim Delivered from Darkness'.

I want the rules, background, art and all the extra stuff that there may be!

Really looking forward to a good read on the 9th of September.

cookiescrumble
09-08-2006, 09:55
I'll probably just be getting the rulebook.

Avian
09-08-2006, 13:34
A friend and me will both get Skull Pass and trade the minis we don't want (double dose of gobbos for me).

grg3d
09-08-2006, 13:41
BFSP x 4......why .....the figures I want....cheep Night Goblin Army and will sell off the rest or trade it for more goblins.... and I need the new rule book so I can get the rules wrong again :p

jahorin
09-08-2006, 13:54
i've pre-ordered my gamer's edition last week. i'll buy a BfSP with a friend to get the gobbo, i'll get the rulebook and the dwarves.

Killgore
09-08-2006, 14:50
I'm going splits with a mate for Battle for Skull pass

we'r going to buy 2 boxs eventualy 20 each for a army? yes please.

I'm getting the Goblins :)

Gen.Steiner
09-08-2006, 20:45
None of it! 6th Edition is good enough for me, thank you very much! :)

Jim
10-08-2006, 12:27
I've ordered the CE...I think the extra artwork/background/etc...is worth the price...esp. as I don't get to play the games so much now, but I'm still interested in the fluff side of things

wingedserpant
10-08-2006, 12:57
Battle of skull pass because it will enhance my gobbos. Then I'm going to swap the dwarf bits for more gobbos then I'm getting even more gobbos from a staff member who wants my unpainted chaos chariot.

Bloodknight
10-08-2006, 13:58
BfSP, twice. And also the Hardcover rulebook (well, I reckon I get that as a birthday present - it´s great to be born in September ;)).

lord_blackfang
10-08-2006, 14:30
BfSP, then after some time a reprint of the regular hardback when most of the typos are fixed. I see no need to buy the Elitist Snob Edition.

Sleazy
10-08-2006, 14:42
Skull Pass - cant argue with contents V cost! also gonna get hardback rulebook too, couldnt be doing with just having the mini one.

Keller
10-08-2006, 17:13
I'll be getting the just the rulebook. The Battle for Skull Pass is a good deal, pity I don't play Dwarves or Gobbos, nor am I looking to start a new army. I like the sounds of the Gamer Edition, but its sold out.

Vogon
10-08-2006, 17:20
I'm getting the collectors rule book and the BFSP box. I'm getting the box for the little rule book and the miniatures (my step son is starting and O&G army so the gobbos'll come in handy) and I want the collectors rule book because it I want the full rule book and the collectors looks nice :)

Scotia
10-08-2006, 22:01
I'm ordered the collector's edition and the Battle For Skull Pass.

The wife is going to kill me though :)

Scotia

Crazy Harborc
11-08-2006, 00:58
I will NOT be forced to buy a hard cover "coffee table book" to have a normal sized 7th rulebook.

I'll be buying Skull Pass. I will use the rulebook from it. I'll buy a bigger version in softcover or not at all.

whiteshields1830
11-08-2006, 02:00
battle for skull pass...reason? Well i can get a mini rule book for absolutely no cost (might even profit from it). As i plan to buy the bfsp, sell the goblins and dwarves on ebay. And hopefully, viola...a free mini rulebook (and dice )

Vogon
11-08-2006, 05:05
I will NOT be forced to buy a hard cover "coffee table book" to have a normal sized 7th rulebook.

I'll be buying Skull Pass. I will use the rulebook from it. I'll buy a bigger version in softcover or not at all.

As I understand it there will be no soft cover rulebook. The model set by 40K seems to be happening to WFB and there is still no sign of a soft back for that book either.

Cheers

Vogon

ebolatheripe
11-08-2006, 06:31
I pre-ordered the Gamers Edition but the GW store is a long way form my house and my wife is due to give birth on Sep 8th:eek: so I really don't know when I can get around to driving and picking it up:D .

Scythe
11-08-2006, 10:36
Just the rulebook. I don't like or can use the models in the starter set, and don't really feel like spending extra cash to get the gamers edition, tough a pocket version of the rulebook is usefull.

Luke
11-08-2006, 11:27
When I can afford it, probably the battle for skull pass set as I only want the rules. I already know how to make a polystyrene hill, paint a bretonian bowman and base models using sand painted green.

Plus I can sell the dwarfs to my mate and start a gobbo army at the same time yay!

Forgotmytea
11-08-2006, 11:57
Skull Pass. In my experience, while the hardback rulebook is excellent (I drool over my friend's whenever I see it :D), the mini-book in the boxed set is good enough for the rules, even if you don't get as much art etc. Plus, I need those Night Goblins for my Night Goblin army :D :evilgrin:

-Forgotmytea

The boyz
11-08-2006, 13:05
I will probably just get the Battle for Skull Pass starter boxed set, when it comes out. I think my mate wants the Night Goblins from the boxed set and I can add the Dwarfs to my exisiting Dwarf Army.

Powerslave
12-08-2006, 23:37
Battle for Skull Pass.
It's too good of a deal to pass up, and is bringing me back to the game after a two year absence.

syrme
13-08-2006, 09:50
i was lucky enough to get a gamers edition through mail order a couple of weeks ago.

I will be getting skull pass - and already have a trade set up my dwarfs for his goblins and someone has offered me 20 for the extra little rulebook so good deal imo!

My wife has ordered me the CE for my birthday (some gentle pesuasion required:) )

Venomizer
13-08-2006, 10:28
I'll just be getting the rulebook..............I don't see the point of forking out excess cash for the collectors & gamers edition, saying that however the mini rulebook would be nice

Aquilla
13-08-2006, 22:10
Skull Pass for me. Although I do have a dwarven battleforce, I'm a complete and utter noob for WHFB not ever having played a single battl (I almost did a month ago, but my opponent never came!)

Peegore
14-08-2006, 01:57
Just the Rulebook. Still have models bought nearly two years ago waiting for a tickle of my old paint brush.... can't even begin to imagine starting a 6th and 7th army of Stunties and greenskins. I'm getting palpitations just at the thought...