PDA

View Full Version : An apology

Festus
09-08-2006, 10:29
Hi

I think I owe you guys an apology.

I wrote things than were beyond the boundary of what I would consider either just a discussion or even a heated debate.

There seem to be a lot of reasons why I did it, including the TerrenceStephens thread, which was quite emotional, or because I was tense on the last day before work started again, or simply that I was tired and pissed...

Whatever the reason, I dont think it was OK by me react as aggressive and as sharply as I did. So:

Sorry!

Festus

Atrahasis
09-08-2006, 10:47
I didn't see the comments (they've already been deleted), but i have to say it does seem out of character. See Festus' own sig for my opinion of him.

There are days when I don't visit the the GW forums because I know that I'd end up banning somebody for being obtuse, and when we're feeling agitated silly things like internet arguments do get under the skin.

That said, I think that in reparation you should agree with whatever I say for a week :)

Milgram
09-08-2006, 12:16
no problem, I'm old enough to deal with harsh verbal treatment - and I'm not a good christian too! ;)

Cenyu
09-08-2006, 13:34
This thread caught my attention and I had to search the forums to find the relevant discussion on terencestephens (obviously cleaned from overly insulting posts I assume) - from what I read I have to say I share a good part of Festus' position.

Said discussion was basically idealists vs. cynics in my eyes, a complete clash of views on human nature and morale with no real consense attainable.

Mephistofeles
09-08-2006, 16:29
I am new to this forum, and have not read the thread which you talk about, and it seems as though the "worst" posts are deleted now, but I must say that I am truly happy to be part of a comunity with people who say that they are sorry for something they did on the net. I have never seen that before. Ever.

Way to go Festus is all I can say!