PDA

View Full Version : Based on the new plastics, which would you be more tempted to collect?

Bronka
09-08-2006, 13:11
I'm generally a 40K man, but the new Night Goblin plastics have got me pretty excited. They're so full of character, and so many bits too! I've decided to buy The Battle for Skull Pass, and thereafter collect a Night Goblin army. What we've seen so far of the new Orcs has left me cold though, so it's Gobbos all the way!

Anyone else been tempted either way?

Milgram
09-08-2006, 13:13
uhm... you mean the new orc characters? there are no new orcs atm.

btw: it's orcs in whf, not orks :)

Bronka
09-08-2006, 13:16
uhm... you mean the new orc characters? there are no new orcs atm.

Yeah, I mean the new orc characters. We can probably assume that the orc troops will follow the general style of the characters.

btw: it's orcs in whf, not orks :)

Yeah, I know! My mistake! :D

Gen.Steiner
09-08-2006, 13:31
(Forest) Goblins and (Savage) Orcs!

grg3d
09-08-2006, 13:31
Hi I used to have an all Night Goblin Army....called

"Clan of the Cave Squig"

They all had white hoods = The Clan
Was Squig herd heavy = One Big Main Unit( 50 plus fig)
Archers and Spearmen used like detachments to "The Herd"
Stone Trolls as bodyguards for Shamans and Heros
And Scarsnick as my General
and I had a Giant :p
going to do it again

Killgore
09-08-2006, 14:57
I'm going for a combined Goblin army, Spider Riders, Warmachines and lots and lots of lil Night Goblins

no Orcs for me.

battle of skull pass is the way to collect this force :)

Lardidar
09-08-2006, 17:01
They all had white hoods = The Clan

Am I understanding that right?

Anyway .... I like the idea of a feral O&G list so I may go with forest goblins and savage orcs .... but I'll see how the list looks.

Mephistofeles
09-08-2006, 17:18
Night Goblins rock, they are by far the coolest Greenskin-models in production!

However, Orcs are so much cooler fluff wise, and I still think that goblins are too good stats-wise in regard to their fluff, they should not be as strong and tough as humans, at least not in my opinion, they're small and weak!

DeathMasterSnikch
09-08-2006, 17:31

Anyway .... I like the idea of a feral O&G list so I may go with forest goblins and savage orcs .... but I'll see how the list looks.

I think so :p Should be Klan If he's gone the way I have. The most fanatical (Plague censer bearers, Screaming bell ringer, Goblin fanatics) all wear full white robes. I'm not trying to make any racists points in my army and I'm sorry if it comes across that way, I just wanted somthing striking for my craziest troops, who's more crazy than them?

Dr Death
09-08-2006, 17:55
who's more crazy than them?

Opus dae

Dr Death

grg3d
09-08-2006, 18:06
by Lardidar

Yah... White hoods, I though it was funny, some people don't think so ( i'm from the North)....their also was no other refrence to the clan.... like a burning cross....

And yet I don't think the Nazi refrence is in good taste :confused:

arxhon
09-08-2006, 18:47
Probably not the best choice. It would cause more than a few raised eyebrows, i imagine. Call it something other than the Clan, and make shock and surprise noises if someone brings it up, then accuse them of jumping at shadows.

Lardidar
09-08-2006, 18:57
I don't find it offensive just a little uncomfortable, I know one or two people who would not take kindly to it. If it was just painted white to look cool I can understand but it is the fact you painted them white to look like the KKK seems iffy.... but hey its your choice.

Thats the last ill say on the matter othewise we may end way way off topic.

Has to be said I realy did enjoy painting my new style goblin and am very tempted by an army. However number 1 was fun to paint ... I can't see number 300 being quite as fun.

DeathMasterSnikch
09-08-2006, 19:07
Opus dae

Dr Death

I'm not too familiar with Opus dae, all I know is theyre somthing to do with becoming a saint through hard work :confused:

Dr Death I don't think is crazy at all...

Anyway, none of the new plastics seem to appeal that much. Nigh goblins have went down to a satisfactory scale, Orcs look bad, Common goblins will look terrible alongside NG now. Overall I think the new plastics havn't been managed very well. :(

EvC
09-08-2006, 19:08
It's very tempting for me to start a mostly Night Goblin army, like the good old days... the 60 hobbos in the box, another box of 20 new ones, a few fanatic sprues, Skarsnik and Gobbla, a couple of Squig units, some shamans then two giants.

Fortunately, GW's price rises have reminded me that I can in no way afford this, so it shall not be happening ;)

n00bLord
09-08-2006, 19:25
The new Skaven plastics I saw in my dreams looked very tempting.

Truly I thought about A NG army, the seems alright.

DeathMasterSnikch
09-08-2006, 20:54
The new Skaven plastics I saw in my dreams looked very tempting.

Truly I thought about A NG army, the seems alright.

:wtf: :confused:

help?!

Dr Death
10-08-2006, 08:23
Opus dei (spealt it wrong before opps:rolleyes: ) are the real life equivilent of flaggellents. Hair shirts, self harm, the lot, the name means "work of god" (opus- work, dei (as in deity)- god) and were popularised by the 'da vinci code' where a member of theirs is portrayed as a puppet murderer, doing the bidding of his superiors in the form of other members of the roman catholic clurgy.

Dr Death

Bronka
10-08-2006, 19:06
That's an interesting result - looks like there are going to be hordes of Night Goblin armies around for a while.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
10-08-2006, 20:49
If the rules somehow (I don't see how) make a pure orc army viable I think I'll be ditching my goblins...except for wolf riders...and wolf chariots...

Scythe
11-08-2006, 10:28
I have always played with the idea of doing an all gobbo army, but honestly, the new plastics have put me away from it. Seriously, the new boring single pose night gobbo plastics look worse as the old ones. Should I ever do a gobbo army (not that likely), I will order the older plastics.

Luke
11-08-2006, 11:23
I love the new plastics. In fact what put me off collecting NG was the thought of sticking all those parts together for a model which is essentially a piece of expendable meat / fanatic delivery system

I would love every race to get one part models. Break it off the srpue and stick it in the base? Yes please! Gives me more time for gaming.