PDA

View Full Version : Starting Warhammer Fantasy+ Night Gobbo Horde.

Simsandwich
09-08-2006, 15:32
Ok guys, I love the new Night Goblin models, and they are responsible for enticing me into the game.
I will not pick up the Skull Pass set as that means I will have Dwarfs that I will do nothing with, I am going to start when 7th Edition is released, and pick up the rulebook, then wait for the new Army Book to come out.
My friend shall be playing the Loathsome Ratmen, and I was wondering what models in the Orcs+ Gobbos range are "safe" to buy?

strv
09-08-2006, 16:36
Wolfriders, Common goblins, and orcs are all looking safe at the moment.
All the warmachines is safe to, what is not looking like it will be unchanged is the characters, and possibly the black orcs, and off course the night goblins.

Melchor
09-08-2006, 16:41
Try finding someone who wants to play dwarves. You both get the Skull Pass set, and swap the models you don't want... Really. It's worth trying.

Three Headed Monkey
09-08-2006, 16:50
Also consider waiting until the Orc and Gobbo re-release (October) as you will have a better idea of what to buy. Not only that but a new Night Gobbo boxed set! So dont buy the current box unless you really want to.

If you were to make a whole army out of the battle of skull pass goblins then it would look rather static. However, I do agree that it is a great place to start.

Check out the O&G roundup (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40091) for more detail.

And check out the new Night Goblin sprues (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40091&page=3) here.

TheWarSmith
09-08-2006, 16:57
If you are going to play O&G, you'd be a bit silly to not buy the skull pass box. You get a lot of goblins in addition to a rule book with all the rules in it. Even if you don't play the dwarves, it's worth it to pick up one.

Kotobuki
09-08-2006, 17:10
TheWarSmith is correct. For $45 you get a travel sized rule book, 3 regiements of Goblins, a Troll, a couple Characters, a regiment of spider riders, and a little bit of scenery. A single regiment of Gobbos is $35 otherwise. Unless they drop the price, or give you LOTS of gobbos in the box. The $45 is a GREAT deal, even if you throw the Dwarves away. You can then buy the multi-part Gobbos later, and mix them in with the single piece regiments. And the regiment box of Spider Riders is pretty much the single piece ones from Skull Pass, except that you can choose whether or not you want a command section. So you're not gonna get much special by waiting on those.

Mephistofeles
09-08-2006, 17:22
I agree with the above, you are really making a great deal by buying the Battle for Skull Pass, and you will probably have no problem finding a Dwarf player who wants to buy the models off you (either in you town or on ebay/warseer)

Simsandwich
09-08-2006, 17:31
I probably will buy the Skull Pass set then.
Thanks a lot.

TheWarSmith
09-08-2006, 17:50
Can I have the pony grudge cart please?

Simsandwich
09-08-2006, 18:19
No,= as that is getting converted into a 40K Ork Trukk.

Amps
16-08-2006, 12:10
My friend shall be playing the Loathsome Ratmen
:rolleyes: That friend is me:rolleyes: lol i'll kick ur as...behind any day simsandwich:chrome: