PDA

View Full Version : Tactica Chaotica, Lords of Chaos

Neknoh
09-08-2006, 16:56
The Lords of Chaos, mightiest of fighters in all of the known and unknown world, rivalled only by the abominable undead lords of the Night and the gluttonous and stupid… but useful Ogre Tyrants in martial prowess. These my children, are the ones you are to seek once you earn yourself glory on the field of battle, for under their command, your and your warband can rise to greatness, but know that the Lords demands a high price for their service, and lest thou can defeat him in combat, know that he will hold you to the oath you swear before him.

The Chaos Lord is one of THE most expensive character coices out there, weighing in at a heft cost of over two-hundred points, however, they go to extremes when it comes to combat, able to beat nearly everything to a bloody little pulp of twitchin bones and crushed muscles.
Chaos Lords rarely need more equippment than a Hallberd (or a Greatweapon for the ones who still claim that sacrificing initiative eight in favour of strength seven rather than six) or a Shield, however, there are extremely potent magical weapons in the chaos armoury, and, being the expensive two-hundred plus point investment he is, you often want to protect your Chaos Lord, thus, they often become even more expensive.
The Crown of Everlasting Conquest, the Gaze of the Gods and the Armour of Damnation are the three favourite things to give to your Lord for protection, however, due to the new regeneration-rules that are expected in seventh edition, I think we all can agree that we might just as well ignore the Crown of Everlasting Conquest from september twothousand six and onwards.

How do you use your Lord you may ask? It isn’t easy, however, there are a few “don’ts” of using Chaos Lords, first of all, do NOT throw him into your Chosen Knights to create The Über Unit of Doom, that unit will get more attention than a naked supermodel walking through a Games Day Warhammer area. Second, do NOT put him on a Dragon unless you are one hundred procent sure it fits into your army, either by being supportive or by being supported, otherwise, those are some six hundred points that wont be used properly. Third, do not throw him allone into units head on (There are exeptions, such as the Slaanesh-Lord-of-Many-Many-MANY-attacks-and-bucketloads-of-wounds and Khornate Lord on Big Bad Dragon With Berserkersword). Do also note that although the Daemonsword may be tempting, you can reach nearly the same or even a better effect using the Runesword with every mark except for Khorne, for the Bloodthirsters are hard to rival in pure carnage.

There are more things to Chaos Lords than just fighting however, their leadership is far supreme to that of Exalted Champions and Beastlords allike, thus, they can boost up Marauder armies greatly (although, if you don’t object to Special Characters, Crom the Conqueror is far superior to do this). With Leadership nine, the boost they give to normal units of Marauders is very well used. This has also lead to the extensive use of the Helmet of Many Eyes (sounds like something from Munchkin, doesn’t it?) coupled with a Greatweapon, a combo I have tried and disliked, but, if you fear for Chariots and heavely armoured knights, this is deffinately your man, especially if you think you can fool the gods long enough to make use of all of them and serve the great chaos of Chaos Undivided.

Great leaders and extreme fighters they may be, but, the price you pay for them is hardly justified when playing games of arround two thousand points, however, when the ammount of points starts to rise and you find yourself hungering for the true power of Chaos, a Lord of Chaos or a Greater Daemon is almost a must, but do keep in mind that if you wish to include a keeper of seecrets in a mortal army, you must have either a Lord of Chaos or a Daemonprince that is a Master of Mortals.

Now go forth, find a lord to serve you or find one to serve beneath you, for know this, the Gods favour the strong, and there are few who are stronger than our beloved Lords of Chaos.

Voltaire
09-08-2006, 22:22
Some favoured configurations of Lords and Sorcerors are as follows:

Nil Magic Sir! - Chaos Runeshield & Halberd - Negating the enemies magical items then following it up with initiative 8, strength 6 attacks tends to cut down almost all enemy Lords and Heroes, because statline for statline, none of the other characters on the game, save the characters, can take on a Chaos Lord. The runeshield is the item to really press home this statistical advantage and make your enemy weak at the knees.
It is a particularly good comination on any Lord, because they are guaranteed to see action on the frontline at some point during the battle.

Fighting Sorceror - Chaos Sorceror w/ Daemon Sword - This combination is a monster, especially when used with Slaanesh, giving your character the combat potential it otherwise lacks. The prowess of your character in combat will be immense and it will most likely be an improvement on their current stats line. Combine this with the ample and nasty Chaos Lores of magic and you have a potential game winner!
Run this combination on a Sorceror on a Steed of Slaanesh for maximum effect!

Chariot Killer - Helm of Many Eyes & Great Weapon - Already mentioned above, I think its a bit of a no brainer really. Soon to be the walking mans choice just for the Str7 it will confer. Easily the most cheap and effective way of guarenting something that can take out chariots and high toughness monsters.
The 7th Ed rules for Great Weapons mean this little combination won't be as effective on mounts, so this will be better left for your walking champss.

Asassin! - Book of Secrets, Halberd, Enchanted Shield - This combination is going to be favourable for any character who's sole purpose is character hunting in a small magic heavy force. Take the lore of Shadows and get Steed of Shadows and watch as your exalted champion suddenly hacks down the enemy mages and war machine crew from a previously unseen angle!

Chariot of Fire - Champion in Chariot with Beserker sword - This is the only time I would consider running a chariot alone. This unit will have D6 +1 impact hits, followed up by the Exalted Champions attacks, on top of the attacks of the Sword mean you can kill small units in a single round of combat and break others just as easily!

...and finally...

Shameless self promotion - Chaos Runesword & Gaze of the Gods - How I run my own Lord, able to hold his own in combat, his 6, strength 6, WS 9 attacks make mincemeat of all but the deadliest of enemies and the Ward Save always comes in handy. The only place he has trouble is against multiple chariots where he suddnely wishes Str 7 was available.
Run this combination on any Lord, mounted or not, and be sure to take a shield for the extra 3 points.

Neknoh
10-08-2006, 08:27
Voltaire, you are forgetting that when you use the Runeshield, you cannot use a Hallberd at the same time.
A far nastier composition for him is the Rendingsword, seeing as he doesn't nullify his own magical weapons.

And you forgot the Slaaneshi Onlslaught Lord:

Chaos Lord of Slaanesh with the Blade of Blood, Pendant of Slaanesh and Gaze of the Gods, riding atop a Steed of Slaanesh. Once you start racking up wounds, you will get an avalanche effect, he will statistically fail every sixth wound he causes, thus, once in combat, during the second round, he will loose a wound, thus gain an extra attack, after that, he will gain five wounds in every combat and loose one, this will just keep increasing without stopping untill he has six wounds and attacks far beyond ten.

der_lex
10-08-2006, 09:11
Don't forget the staple Tzeentch lord: Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Golden Eye, Staff of Change, Halberd (taking 7th edition in mind, in 6th ed possibly a GW). All hail the mobile magical artillery platform that's almost impossible to hit with missile fire, almost never miscasts and can support a charge or take out war machines if necessary.
If you really have points to burn and won't mind your opponent hating your guts, put him on a dragon instead.

Latro
10-08-2006, 10:04
One of my favourite fun characters ...

Exalted Champion of Khorne riding a Juggernaut with Berserker Sword and Enchanted Shield. This mobile piece of mayhem costs 240 pts ... and will have 9 attacks at strength 5 minimum. I always use him as a distraction that can't be ignored ... if he survives the battle that only an unsuspected bonus!

His most glorious moment of fame so far: fighting a regiment of Dark Elf Spearmen in front and a regiment of Executioners in his flank ... a few rounds later the Executioners were all hacked into a bloody pulp and the remaining half of the Spearmen were running for it (not far enough of course)

:cool:

Asentaja
10-08-2006, 13:08
My Chaos Lord: Mark of Khorne, Berserker Sword, Enchanted Shield, Amulet of Chaos, Chaos Dragon

Hack units to pieces with his numerous attacks and the dragon, while the amulet usually manages to negate a rank bonus from the enemy even before the combat really starts.

Chris_Tzeentch
20-08-2006, 20:47
My Lord Of Tzeentch is going on a dragon with the classic staff of change, eye of tzeentch, shield, GW or halberd (haven't decided yet). Flyers are going to be even stronger with the reduction of the effectiveness of skirmishers, so my Tzeentch boys are taking to the skies.

Neknoh
20-08-2006, 20:49
I'd say give him a Hallberd, Greatweapons when mounted are becoming inferior to the humble Hallberd and Sword of Might.

Latro
20-08-2006, 21:16
It will be interesting to see how character psychology and unit psychology will interact in 7th edition. From what I heard and read, a Champion of Nurgle for example, would make the unit he is leading effectively immune to fear ... immune to fear and re-roll failed psychology tests? Suddenly a humble Champion of Nurgle becomes very interesting!

Chris_Tzeentch
20-08-2006, 22:12
I'd say give him a Hallberd, Greatweapons when mounted are becoming inferior to the humble Hallberd and Sword of Might.

Yeah I think I will go with the Halberd, but I'll model him with an oriental type weapon (my new Tzeentch army will have an oriental feel to it - Sashimono etc) probably a naginata. Does anyone know of any miniature firms which do a two headed 30mm oriental dragon? :)

Neknoh
20-08-2006, 22:18
A Naginata is probably your best bet.

And Latro, remember the discussion we had? A marked character cannot join an Undivided unit lest he bears the mark of Chaos Undivided upon his forehead, thus, they can't be immune to fear AND get to reroll.

the_night_reaper
21-08-2006, 03:46
My Chaos Lord:

The Black Maul
Gaze of the gods
Enchanted Shield

I usually use him mounted.

This mean's he gets a 0+ save with a 4+ ward savea and he gets 6 S7 attacks (note not a great weapon so +2 strength even when mounted)

I woulnd't run him into a combat by himself but he can really turn the tide of a big combat with at least 4 kills.

Latro
21-08-2006, 05:22
A Naginata is probably your best bet.

And Latro, remember the discussion we had? A marked character cannot join an Undivided unit lest he bears the mark of Chaos Undivided upon his forehead, thus, they can't be immune to fear AND get to reroll.

What can I say ... it was late ;)

But if you put him in a unit of Marauders it should work! Or better yet, a Wargor of Nurgle in a Beastherd. Anyway, at this point it's still just speculation ... but it looks as if it could be very interesting.

Voltaire
21-08-2006, 15:15
Another combination of equipment worth trying is the Great Fang & the Chaos Runeshield, mounted on a Daemonic Steed. All together you will have 5 str 5 hits from the Lord, and the enemy has to use his basic weapon & strength to try and kill you 1+ armour save. The only short coming of this Lord is he has no magical protection, so best using this combination on a Lord of Khorne IMO.

Neknoh
21-08-2006, 21:51
I much prefer the Rendingsword and the Runeshield, a much more evil character killer.

Azazel
31-08-2006, 22:15
Pitiful mortals. I haven't used a Chaos Lord in ages now. My Daemon Prince has led my Hordes of Chaos army for as long as I care to remember. Sure they don't nearly have as much flexibility as their mortal counterparts, but I'm pretty sure this Daemon Prince will out perform any regular Chaos Lord.

Mark of Khorne.
Blade of the Ether (or Might of Khorne and Axe of Khorne).
Soul Hunger.
Diabolic Splendour.
Master of Mortals.

Yes, he could easily be duped with his twenty inch charge and Frenzy. But I personally have never had any trouble keeping him out of sight untill the time was right.

Twisted Ferret
01-09-2006, 23:02
I would like advice on using my Chaos Lord of Tzeentch. He's a mage, so my natural inclination is to keep him well back and wreak havoc with spells. However, in 7th edition it's a lot easier to target him... so would it perhaps be better to put him in a unit and charge forward, if I'm facing a shooty army?

Neknoh
02-09-2006, 07:35
Well, on a 50mm base and counting as a Large target for purposes of Line of Sight to and From him, I'd say the standard Disc Lord with Staff and Eye won't be more targeted than before, he could always be targeted previously.

Twisted Ferret
02-09-2006, 18:09
Well, on a 50mm base and counting as a Large target for purposes of Line of Sight to and From him, I'd say the standard Disc Lord with Staff and Eye won't be more targeted than before, he could always be targeted previously.
D'oh, I forgot about the Disc. *feels silly* But what about my Exalted Champion sorcerers? Alone or in units?

Neknoh
02-09-2006, 18:29
Well, the Daemonsword + Slaanesh combo on a mount and in a unit of Chosen knights is badass and has always been.

When going Undivided, I much prefer a Lord/Exalted Champion, a Dark Emmissary and a normal Undivided Sorceror.

Bray Shamans should always go in Beastherds.

Nurgle ones are durable enough to be put with a large bunch of Marauders

Voltaire
02-09-2006, 20:46
A Dark Emissary - how evil - are they worth the points?

Neknoh
02-09-2006, 21:02
Oh yes they are!

Whenever using a Dark Emissary, make sure you have a maximum of 8 levels of magic and that it is a game of 2k points.

And don't see them as sinking points into characters, see them as a 265 pts Rare Choice, use it instead of that giant or Shaggoth

Voltaire
02-09-2006, 22:12
I think an Emmisary is better than the others generally though, I am weary of people calling it 'Cheesy' though. How do you justofy that?

MarcoPollo
02-09-2006, 22:59
I rarely use lords any more too. You can get better mileage out of a regular exalted hero (or two for the points). If you want to tool up with magic, a beastlord is worth the points and you get ambush abilities with him.

But, my favorite Chaos mortal lord would have to be the slannesh lord character killer. Lord of slannesh, steed of slannesh, bindings of slaanesh and rending sword with enchanted shield. Catch a unit, kill a character, hold the unit while you mince the champion on the opponents turn, wait for support on your following turn. 2+ A/S. It will attrack fire like you wouldn't believe. But it can really turn a game on its head.

Neknoh
03-09-2006, 06:34
A Dark Emissary CAN be cheesy, especially in a Tzeentch army, however, that depends entirely on the ammounts of magic you bring, for instance, a Beastlord of Tzeentch, an Exalted Champion of Tzeentch, a Wargor of Tzeentch and a Dark Emissary would deffinately be considered cheesy, tha'd be 12 levels of magic in a 2k army which produce loads and loads of Powerdice usable by all.

However, when using it together with one or two more casters, it doesn't get that bad actually, I used it together with a Slaaneshi Sorceror, and I noticed that it was just lovely to use without being OTT.

thebigevans
03-09-2006, 08:55
I have only just started out with the beloved chaos and after reading the posts i feel i am a little further in my army choices. I have tried the lords and the huge points of archaeon in my army and not really thought that much of them, my best units has to be the chosen knights of chaos they have performed really well against beastmen and skaven.

I will soon be using crom the conquerer just to add a little spice to the games and see how he fares, but should i always stick to chaos undivided or should i go for one of the other flavours of chaos and if so which one is the better flavour considering i like fightting

Neknoh
03-09-2006, 09:00
If you like fighting, there isn't really much more to it than to mark your army with the Mark of Khorne.

However, do keep in mind, that an army of Crom the Conqueror always does best as a Marauder Horde with a unit of Warriors and a unit of Chosen Knights thrown in for punch.

thebigevans
03-09-2006, 12:41
cheers but i want to avoid the marauders simply because i hate painting skin lol

but i see your logic cheap army = expendable with some power to carve through the easy enemy units cheers for the advice i need all the help i can get as i'm new to the fantasy side.

Neknoh
03-09-2006, 12:49
Crom makes Marauders worth their points times ten! The Mark of Chaos Undivided on Maraduers makes them excellent.

If you hate painting skin, try a a different collour, mine for instance is Chaos Black Undercoat, Liche Purple basecoat and then thin coats of white, gradually highlighting it so that I have a very pale and white (which looks cold) skin with darker recesses of purplish white (still makes it look damn cold, it seem to radiate an aura of cold arround it).

You could easely make them cool by painting them green and then inking them with reds and browns to get a Nurglish feel, you could paint them in a grey tone, you could do warpaint etc. etc.

thebigevans
03-09-2006, 12:51
ahhh never thought of that cheers mate

callum in hat
01-10-2006, 09:20
lord of nurgle with the blade of blood and the crown of everlasting conquest. what him get into conbat and have 8 wounds with regeneration. nurgleriffic!

vcassano
01-10-2006, 10:39
For my Lord of Chariot/Foot I use a Sword of Might and Enchanted Shield to give him a good armour save and good killing power. If and when I have the points spare I'll give him the Crown of Everlasting conquest but that rarely happens :(.

Chris_Tzeentch
01-10-2006, 11:03
My Chaos Lord:

The Black Maul
Gaze of the gods
Enchanted Shield

I usually use him mounted.

This mean's he gets a 0+ save with a 4+ ward savea and he gets 6 S7 attacks (note not a great weapon so +2 strength even when mounted)

I woulnd't run him into a combat by himself but he can really turn the tide of a big combat with at least 4 kills.

I have been running this combo on my Khornate Lord, and it rules. I killed a treeman in last weeks game. No mean feat!

Neknoh
01-10-2006, 21:23
lord of nurgle with the blade of blood and the crown of everlasting conquest. what him get into conbat and have 8 wounds with regeneration. nurgleriffic!

If this wouldn't have been a thread for the Lord of Chaos, I would have allready mentioned my favourite Doombull :p

Doombull, mark of Nurgle, Shield, Heavy Armour, Blade of Blood.

After two rounds of combat, he will have 10 wounds.

Voltaire
01-10-2006, 22:15
Does the regeneration rule actually apply to the blade of blood?

callum in hat
01-10-2006, 23:33
yup its against any wound suffered.

Voltaire
01-10-2006, 23:56
Excellent...I swear I just grew some horns...

Pravus
03-10-2006, 15:28
Does the regeneration rule actually apply to the blade of blood?

AAIIIEEEE - that's so evil my eyes started bleeding. In fact I haven't read anything that evil since I read about the beastlord of khorne with a daemonsword. I'm going to need a shower or something.

Chaos for The World
05-10-2006, 00:45
Greetings all,

I am new to the site and am just starting my chaos army. I wanted to know what is a dark emissary and where do I find the rules for it?

MascisMan
05-10-2006, 02:37
There is always this nasty combo:

Chaos Lord of Slaanesh
-Bindings of Slaanesh
-Chaos Runeshield

Bind any character you want in the enemy unit against their will. Negate their magic items, and then attack first (Bindings makes opponent strike last in the first round of combat).

Toddums
05-10-2006, 03:39
Is it me or does the hellfire sword own? D6 wounds? Isn't that incredibly great?

Khaeron Baoth
05-10-2006, 07:13
My chaos lords:

M. of tzeentch, Staff of Change, Eye of Tezeentch and disc. Regular spellcasting guy.

M. of Tzeentch, Chalice of Chaos, Crown of Everlasting Conquest and great weapon. Joins large unit of horrors. Multi use as spellcaster and anvil.

Daemon Prince
M. of Tzeentch, Blade of Ether, Soul Hunger and Diabolic Splendour.

Latro
05-10-2006, 08:17
Okay, what are your opinions on this possible set-up my fellow Lord of Chaos?

Exalted Champion (Undivided)
- riding a Daemonic Mount

leading a unit of Chaos Warriors (Undivided)

This combination has a few interesting advantages, as well as a few disadvantages ... so is it worth it?

- The fear-causing character model will make the unit effectively immune to fear and cause enemies to take fear-tests as well.

- By replacing 3 additional Warrior models the Mount practically pays for itself (Mount costs 50 pts, the 3 Warriors with shield cost 45 pts).

- Thanks to the new rules the character can't be singled out by missile fire and receives the "Look out Sir!" roll as well.

- The character suffers from a lower armour save than normal (either on foot or steed) and the Daemonic Mount is not invulnerable either.

... what will be your judgement? :cool:

ROCKY
05-10-2006, 09:46
Is it me or does the hellfire sword own? D6 wounds? Isn't that incredibly great?

if itwas not 75 points then yes:cries:

ROCKY
05-10-2006, 09:53
I like to use this
Exalted of khorne: axe of khorne, crimson armor or berserker sword and E shield and stick him on either a juggernaut in the middle of some marauders, or on a steed and with knights. or you couldstick him on a chariot.
a demon prince of khorne with axe and soul hunger

Chris_Tzeentch
05-10-2006, 12:29
Okay, what are your opinions on this possible set-up my fellow Lord of Chaos?

Exalted Champion (Undivided)
- riding a Daemonic Mount

leading a unit of Chaos Warriors (Undivided)

This combination has a few interesting advantages, as well as a few disadvantages ... so is it worth it?

- The fear-causing character model will make the unit effectively immune to fear and cause enemies to take fear-tests as well.

- By replacing 3 additional Warrior models the Mount practically pays for itself (Mount costs 50 pts, the 3 Warriors with shield cost 45 pts).

- Thanks to the new rules the character can't be singled out by missile fire and receives the "Look out Sir!" roll as well.

- The character suffers from a lower armour save than normal (either on foot or steed) and the Daemonic Mount is not invulnerable either.

... what will be your judgement? :cool:

One of my regular opponents uses an undivided general on deamonic steed in a unit of Knights. I have always defeated him by challenging his general, and putting all my attacks on the deamonic steed. Most of the time, I kill the steed, racking up combat res and also reducing the fleeing move of the unit to 2D6. If he fails his breaktest, then most of the time I catch and destroy the unit.

Putting him in a unit of Foot Warriors isnt a bad idea. I am not sure how fear will affect the unit under the new rules. At least he cannot be targeted in the unit any more.

kyussinchains
05-10-2006, 15:47
it's the tyrion paradox, a rock solid character riding on the back of a lumbering marshmallow, admittedly with T5 3 wounds and a 5+ ward against mundane attacks, a daemonic steed isnt a pushover, but it's usually easier to kill than the lord/hero riding it

my friends played a high elves vs empire game a while ago, and the high elf player used tyrion as his general, it ended up with tyrion fighting a unit of unled empire spearmen, tyrion killed 4 spearmen, but the rest of the spearmen attacked malhandir and killed it, this had the dual advantage of winning the combat for the spearmen, and reducing tyrion's flee to 2d6, he was caught and killed by a unit which cost about a 1/3 as much as he did.

The only daemonic steed I use is my trusty slaanesh boobworm, for its high speed, I usually rely on the hero on the back (with the berserker sword) to kill everything in base contact, so the worm doesnt get too much flak

Murderous Monkey
05-10-2006, 16:38

I think it's pretty nifty... but I also think it does d6+1 wounds since it stipulates "an additional d6 wounds" whenever a model is wounded after saves, etc. I'd be interested to know if I've missed anything.

Amazing for a challenge character or if you're going to be fighting big beasties. I imagine OK players looking sadly at what's left of a regiment after a Chaos Lord gets stuck in with one of these beauties.

Still, unless you're playing Ogres it could be of limited use really - get bogged down by an armoured unit and you won't be doing much. If an exalted could buy it it somehow then it would be amazing, as you could make a designated assassin, since any wound is almost certain to kill your opponent's character.

I'd like my general to be more flexible though - and if you do want to kill multi-wound foes then in most cases the rending sword can do the job just as well for 35 points less (a 4+ ward save & change).

Chris_Tzeentch
05-10-2006, 17:28
Another thing to bear in mind with Chaos Steeds over deamonic steeds is that they have a smaller base, therefore if (like mine) your general runs around with frenzied knights, you can get more attacks over a smaller frontage. This is vital for chaos cavalry armies.

Neknoh
05-10-2006, 21:06
yes, but, in Marauder units, Undivided, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaaneshi champions are to prefer mounted on Daemonic Steeds, seeing as they fill out space and can pose a nasty suprise if your opponent isn't ready for a 20" charging boobyworm springing from a unit.

And, Exalteds of Khorne on Juggers with the Berserker Sword is just mean enough to actually sometimes handle fully ranked units by himself in case he'd be drawn out of the unit.

and yes, the Hellfire Sword does D6+1 wounds.

Toddums
10-10-2006, 02:52
But that d6 +1 wounds could easily win you that combat against anything, including a block of infantry. Challenge, there is a good chance you will get max overkill (5 wounds). Plus there are no armour saves against the hellfire sword. It seems well worth the points to me.

Neknoh
10-10-2006, 08:30
Yes, you would win combat by 1... once.

After that, you'd have to rely on killing off 6 models in order not to loose combat in your opponents turn.

Then, in your turn, you basically have to charge a chariot into the unit or you have to flank it, otherwise, your Lord will have to struggle once again in order not to loose combat.

Toddums
10-10-2006, 09:49
True it isn't so great when fighting one wound rank and file models after there is no one to challenge. What weapon to you recommend equiping a chaos lord then?

Neknoh
10-10-2006, 09:56
The Runesword is my favourite, it nearly turns him into a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh when it comes to combat prowess.

Otherwise, the Berserker Sword, the Rending Sword, the Blade of Blood and the Greatfang are all very nice additions to him, and, if mounted, the Black Maul is also very nice, seeing as it is one handed and grants him a +2 strength boost.

Toddums
10-10-2006, 10:11
yes, but, in Marauder units, Undivided, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaaneshi champions are to prefer mounted on Daemonic Steeds, seeing as they fill out space and can pose a nasty suprise if your opponent isn't ready for a 20" charging boobyworm springing from a unit.

And, Exalteds of Khorne on Juggers with the Berserker Sword is just mean enough to actually sometimes handle fully ranked units by himself in case he'd be drawn out of the unit.

and yes, the Hellfire Sword does D6+1 wounds.

You can't charge out of a unit right?

Neknoh
10-10-2006, 10:13
yes you can, if you declare your charge before the unit declares it's charge or no charge, you can charge out of an unengaged unit.