PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Uriel Ventris novels *Spoilers*

GrogsnotPowwabomba
09-08-2006, 20:01
Hi all,

I just finished reading the Uriel Ventris Ultramarines novels, and I generally liked them, but I was left very confused by the ending. This is my abbreviated synopsis of the last 3 pages or so.

- Uriel and Pasanius wander off in the warp with the Unfleshed.

- Honsou finds the rest of the rogue space marines and offers them to join him.

- Uriel Ventris is one of the space marines accompanying Honsou.

- Then the novel ends??? :wtf:

I assumed that this series was a trilogy, and that was a very strange way to end it. Is there something I missed, or are there plans for a 4th novel? Any insight into this bizarre ending would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Khaine's Messenger
09-08-2006, 20:11
- Uriel Ventris is one of the space marines accompanying Honsou.

No...the CSM in gestation in the daemonculaba (sp?) that Ventris was sewn into (and that he escaped from) simply popped out looking like Uriel, especially once he got all the flesh stapled on.

I assumed that this series was a trilogy, and that was a very strange way to end it.

It's more than a trilogy. As far as I can tell, it's two series of interrelated stories...dumping Honsou into the Uriel series was a bit unfair to the character, imho, as it subordinates him to Uriel ("the good guy"), but he does have a book to his credit beside DSBS. I don't know if there are plans for further Ventris/Honsou stories or not, though. Given that the Black Library picked a new author to continue the tales of Gotrek and Felix, though, I wouldn't be surprised if, if new books are needed, they simply find someone.

GrogsnotPowwabomba
09-08-2006, 20:17
I thought the deamoncluaba(?) that Uriel was sewn into was destroyed??

Also, what other books is Honsou in? I only know him from this series.

Finally, despite your explanation of the Iron Warrior Uriel look-alike, the book still ends at a bad point in my opinion. What happened to Uriel and Pasanius? I would like at least something to speculate, rather than just "they fled into the warp, so anything is possible..."

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply. :)

Khaine's Messenger
09-08-2006, 20:27
I thought the deamoncluaba(?) that Uriel was sewn into was destroyed??

Read over the bit where Honsou comes to inspect it again. :)

Also, what other books is Honsou in? I only know him from this series.

He's from Storm of Iron, one of the books serving as a lead-up to the Eye of Terror campaign.

What happened to Uriel and Pasanius?

That whacky train, now that it's leaderless, is just a MacGuffin to get them to their next story. The notion that they will be able to return to the Ultramarines with all forgiven but too much changed has been put forward (much like the beginning of BloodQuest II, I imagine), but I'm not particularly a fan of that either.

cybertron2000uk
12-08-2006, 19:17
that train is a joke...lol I want more honsu the half breed fun...i did enjoy Uriel Ventris books but honsu has more going for him...

nurgleman
12-08-2006, 20:19
Was dead sky black sun the last book because I could've sworn that Uriel became a CSM?

FlashGordon
13-08-2006, 10:40
Was dead sky black sun the last book because I could've sworn that Uriel became a CSM?

Read through the thread before you ask questions please.

Helicon_One
13-08-2006, 23:00
that train is a joke...lol I want more honsu the half breed fun...i did enjoy Uriel Ventris books but honsu has more going for him...
I want a whole book which is just Honsou kicking Uriel's ass, Uriel is a bit 'meh' as far as I'm concerned, Honsou is way cooler.

Tim

Damien 1427
14-08-2006, 05:53
I want a whole book which is just Honsou kicking Uriel's ass, Uriel is a bit 'meh' as far as I'm concerned, Honsou is way cooler.

Tim

I'd agree from Storm of Iron, but in Dead Sky, Black Sun he went from being a pretty nifty Chaos character who remained true to the vision of Horus, to being a generic Chaos Lord who sat around on a Daemon World being eeevil.

Uriel is dull though.

Lostanddamned
14-08-2006, 09:34
I liked uriel in Nightbringer I thought that was a really good representation of the Ultramarines, that gave them more than just their Imprial Blandness

rickie8437
14-08-2006, 16:04
i have heared rumours of graham hcneil bring out the 4 book but thats all hes been working hard on the herasy books

Insane Psychopath
14-08-2006, 16:37
Yes it ture about Greame McNeil bring out a few more book on the Ultrmarine captain. That the Scottish Conflict in May 2006 there, I talk to him about the book (as he talk about it last year in March 2005). It been dely due to False Gods, reason being "if you have a change to do a pre-heresy book, it somthing you would not want to refuse".

The next two books I know off are to do with the Iron Warriors, I know the last one of these two books will be a finial show down with the Ultramarine captain vs the Iron Warriors warsmith.

Can't rememeber when there due out though, as said there where ment to be out, one right now & another one near end of the year, but due to false gods they been push back to next year

Honsou is way cooler.

I 100% agree with you. Not just because I am a big Iron Warriors fan or anything to do with me haveing crusifed Ultramrines on my Predators hulls like, no not that all :angel:
I like both book SoI & DSBS. DSBS with Iron Warriors vs Iron Warriors & got a lot cool idear for conversion with in my own army & SoI was just cool with how the planned the seige & all the other goods.

IP