PDA

View Full Version : How well do you think a cav heavy force will do with new Orcs?

gorenut
09-08-2006, 21:36
I'm in the process if constructing another army as I wait for Empire to re-release and I'm kind of thinking between an HE cav/magic force or an Orc force using Wolf Riders, Spider Riders, and Boarboyz backed by monsters. Maybe this question is still a bit early seeing how the Orc armybook hasn't been released yet. Any input on either of these ideas would be helpful.

Thanks.

Mephistofeles
09-08-2006, 21:40
HE cav/Magic force is just so much more mainstream then an O&G Cavalry army, I say go for the orcs!

TheWarSmith
I'd LOVE to see a boarboy wolfrider army. It's almost never seen and I'd applaud you for doing it.

High elf cav/magic is stupidly overdone.

DeathMasterSnikch
Like I said before, WD 221, amazing Orc Cav army.

I support the Orc Cav (And you missed Snotling pumpwagons (The old ones were best) and chariots).

Good luck on the cav force, even if you chose the ponsey HE one.

Baindread
09-08-2006, 21:43
High elf cav/magic is stupidly overdone.

Yeah, wonder why.

gorenut
09-08-2006, 22:42
Yea, I'm leaning more towards the Orc cav list right now. especially with the release of Spider Riders.. it'll just be 1 crazy mess of fast critters.

Sambojin
11-08-2006, 02:21
Grab yourself 3 boxes of wolf riders straight up. You'll need them no matter what type of O+G army you do, and they'll be the mainstay of your cav army. Then either grab a skull pass set or two (mainly for the spiders, but a few foot troops can't hurt in case they nerf cav too much in 7th) and a few boar boyz. I'd strongly recommend going for a all gobbo hero force at the beginning, simply because it makes the first 1000 or so points so easy to get together.

For another tip, use the extra two heads and the sprues they come on to your advantage. All sorts of tails, hooks, tentacles and other chaosy or dead type things can be made in a few seconds with a lighter. Cut the spare heads at 45 degrees at the neck and melt them together for an easy 2-headed wolf (they look great after a bit of filling). Not only does this provide a bit of variety to a unit, it gives you a chance to use your wolves as warhounds or direwolves should you ever decide to start another force.

Ive got 90 of the buggers, and probably only 8 of them are completely unconverted (paradoxically to break up the units a bit). Wolf armies are great.:D

Rhianedd
11-08-2006, 02:35
My High Elves will be facing Wolf Riders & Boarboys very soon.