PDA

View Full Version : Primarch Death List

La'mour Le Breton
09-08-2006, 21:28
Can someone post a list of how each primarch (not ex-communicated) died and/or dissapeared? i know russ just got up and left (probably to find his brother Mangus (SP? thousand sons primarch) and sanguinus got killed (quite horrably) by horus, but what about the others?

jimbobodoll
09-08-2006, 21:33
Night Lord's primarch (konrad curze??) let an imperial assassin kill him (i think)... Robute Guliman is in statis his wounds slowly healing (i think)... Raven guard primarch did a Russ i think after the horus heresy... Alpharius (is this right? alpha legion's primarch) was killed in horus death aftermath battelling the ultramarines (i believe), it is alleged he let himself be killed to prove his legion needed no figure head unlike the ultramarines and were therefore 'better'.... The 'watchers in the dark' spirited away Lion 'El Johnson and prophesised his return for an apocalpytic final battle (wtf??)
My fluff knowedge kinda fizzles here... sorry

La'mour Le Breton
09-08-2006, 21:35
I want to know how they died, how did gulliman get wounded? who wounded him? Non excommunicated only, most of the chaos primarchs are raised to daemonhood so lets forget about them for a second.

jimbobodoll
09-08-2006, 21:38
Lion 'El Johnson fighting his 'brother' (raised with him as they were kids) who was left on Caliban whilt the Lion led the angels in conquest. Chaos turned Lion's brother and he and Lion had a rumble resulting in the lion being spirited away. Gulliman killed apharius... (allegedly i believe...)

Simsandwich
09-08-2006, 21:42
Sanguinius=Dead
Corax= Left a note saying "Evermore"
Fulgrim= In the Eye Of Terror
Angron= Sent back to the warp after the 1st War for Armageddon
Mortarion= Resting in an exact copy of Barbarus in the Eye Of Terror.
Konrad Curze= Supposedly slain by an assasin but no evidence of death found,
Ferrus Mannus= Supposedly killed at Istvaan, body never found,
Roboute Gulliman= Fatally Wounded By Fulgrim, is kept in stasis field.
Lorgar= Elevated to Daemon Prince, Resides on Sicarus, a Daemon World.
Horus= Dead
Russ= Went off to fight.
Magnus= Resides in the EoT.
Thats all I can think of right now.

Lord Zarkov
09-08-2006, 21:45
Dorn went MIA, presumed dead, after a raid on a chaos ship but all they found was his hand and there is a roumour that he survived and returned to Terra to lead the Custodians

The Khan disappeared into the webway during a fight with the Eldar

Vulkun just slipped off the records

The Lion is trapped inside the middle of the Rock only to be released when the fallen are forgiven.

Ferus Manus died in the drop-site massacars but some maintain that he survived and went to mars.

Russ dissapeared into EOT

Gulliman got leathally wounded but is apparently healing in a statis field

Sangunius is well and truly dead

Corax drove off in a ship towards EOT in shame.

It's odd though that so many primarchs have just 'dissapeared' in warp related incidents. personally I reckon that they have all been recalled to Terra, but that's just my theory

heretics bane
09-08-2006, 21:46
im a little rusty whos angron and what do you mean sent back to the warp??

ferrus had his head cut of by another primach and shown to horus to show thta the other primach was loyal to him,what dos magnus do sit on his ass all day

La'mour Le Breton
09-08-2006, 21:47
Horus is Dead gone never to return, right? the allmighty emporer utterly destoyed him so hes gone for good, no soul, no warp bs. he just wiped off the face of the universe.

jimbobodoll
09-08-2006, 21:50
Horus is Dead gone never to return, right? the allmighty emporer utterly destoyed him so hes gone for good, no soul, no warp bs. he just wiped off the face of the universe.

yup. "Dead" aint really accurate. Erased from the multiverse permanently might be more accurate.... Angron is the demon prince primarch of the world eaters. Magnus is the demon prince primarch of the thousand sons who does, "sit on his **** all day" looking out his tower into the warp manipulating fates... *lame! IMO*

Major King
09-08-2006, 22:02
I do wonder what, if anything, Games Workshop plans for the Primarchs who are not necessarily dead at the moment. Will we see possible glimpses of them in future story books? Would make for a rather interesting book, especially finding out what happened to Leman Russ. Perhaps he is fighting with the 13th Company in the Warp? Anything could be possible really.

Angron was the Primarch of the World Eaters who gave themselves up to Khorne, the God of War or the Blood God as many refer to him. He was made a daemon prince by his master and currently resides within the warp, he is more daemon than anything else. He can only enter the physical realm in the same manner as a daemon, except he is more powerful than a mere bloodletter, more akin to a greater daemon at least.
He attacked Armageddon some 2,000 to 5,000 years ago with a force of his Chaos Marines along with daemons and traitors. During which there was some major fighting, almost equal in level to that of the 2nd and 3rd wars (see http://www.armageddon3.com for details). It came to the point where he could no longer exist outside of the warp so his powers thinned and eventually he could no longer sustain himself in the mortal realm and as a result went back into the Warp where he appears to have resided since.
A bit of a boring life for a Primarch lol

jimbobodoll
09-08-2006, 22:12
If you are old school and remember the old epic, "space marine". Games workshop made models of the 'big 4' daemon primarchs. They stood in regular slotta bases in comparison to the epic figures (for scale purposes) . Angron:

Khaine's Messenger
09-08-2006, 22:12
Ferus Manus died in the drop-site massacars but some maintain that he survived and went to mars.

These "some" definitely not including his Legion. Ironically. And of course, there's the HHCCG background about Fulgrim presenting his head to the Warmaster. ;)

Gulliman got leathally wounded but is apparently healing in a statis field

I dunno. If Guilliman got wounded with the anathame (bum-bum-buuuum!) then it should be a wound no one should be capable of recovering from, short of miraculous intervention. Oh...wait...nevermind. :)

Vogon
09-08-2006, 22:24
If you are old school and remember the old epic, "space marine". Games workshop made models of the 'big 4' daemon primarchs. They stood in regular slotta bases in comparison to the epic figures (for scale purposes) . Angron:

For the rest of them see here

http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x3/c92407epicdaemons-01.htm

Now those were the days

sulla
09-08-2006, 23:42
I dunno. If Guilliman got wounded with the anathame (bum-bum-buuuum!) then it should be a wound no one should be capable of recovering from, short of miraculous intervention. Oh...wait...nevermind. :)

Unless Lorgar had him rushed to the serpent lodge because a primarch could heal a wound from the anathame given enough time...after all 10000 years is a fair while (although healing while in stasis doesn't make a whole lot of sense...).

Eideu
10-08-2006, 01:08
I have a feeling Fulgrim will use the sword then return it to horus, so horus can deliver the wounds the emporer can not recover from, I have been told that the Horus rising series is planned for 13 books, i have a feeling some might infact take place after the Actaully Palace assault so we might find out some more info there.

bloed_tarnen
10-08-2006, 01:39
Dorn went MIA, presumed dead, after a raid on a chaos ship but all they found was his hand and there is a roumour that he survived and returned to Terra to lead the Custodians

From what i read in the latest codex, the only reason they found dorns arm was that he deep striked (sp?) and a warp storm sent the termies of course, some where completely encased in rock, he was half trapped in the rock and had his hand with "the fist of Dorn" in it free, he handed it to Lysander and said something like: "look after it for me" implying he might come back. I don know though, thats all that was said. I think he probably got swallowed by the warp, like many of the other Primarch's

It's odd though that so many primarchs have just 'dissapeared' in warp related incidents. personally I reckon that they have all been recalled to Terra, but that's just my theory

I have heard thet the emperor eats souls? If this is correct he could have snacked on the primarchs unknowing who they are and thus their "dissapearance" into the warp.

Just a thought.

nurgleman
10-08-2006, 02:07
Nope hes on a diet consisiting of yummy pysker souls. no Primarchs for the emperor.

BTW, I can pretty much gurantee that no Primarch will ever return. It would be a too big of change for lore.

Khaine's Messenger
10-08-2006, 02:13
(...) he handed it to Lysander (...)

That wasn't Dorn. :eyebrows:

(although healing while in stasis doesn't make a whole lot of sense...).

As I said...miraculous intervention. :) Guilliman's healing is a matter of faith that not even all Ultramarines (eg, Uriel Ventris) subscribe to, mostly because the Primarch is in stasis.

nurgleman
10-08-2006, 02:25
Also, wouldn't Guiliman probably be insane if he came out of stasis? you think the same thought for the entirity you are in stasis. Jaq Draco and his freinds went pretty insane for only being in stasis for a century. I imagine Gulliman would be a lot worse.

Slazton
10-08-2006, 02:26
From what i read in the latest codex, the only reason they found dorns arm was that he deep striked (sp?) and a warp storm sent the termies of course, some where completely encased in rock, he was half trapped in the rock and had his hand with "the fist of Dorn" in it free, he handed it to Lysander and said something like: "look after it for me" implying he might come back. I don know though, thats all that was said. I think he probably got swallowed by the warp, like many of the other Primarch's

No that was the Chapter Master or the Leader of the 1st company or something like that. The Fist of Dorn is actually a thunderhammer ;) not his real fist.

I think you have your fluff confused.

Also don't forget the Iron Warriors, their Primarch is alive and is doing something or another in the warp.

IMHO the Primarchs in the warp are waiting. They know they can venture out (using various sources eg Monliths, alot of psykers etc) and cause Chaos, but to what point? They want to re-enact the Horus Hersey and they will.

Also to the point of Horus being dead and all, well Fabius Bile was working on cloning Horus and apparently Abaddon destroyed the base, but Fabius suirived and where a mad scientist be if not with his escape plans and storage of useful things abilities?

Something tells me that if GW ever do what White Wolf did and lead us into the apocalyspe and then have us living in a recovery phase, then well....well I'll be smiling.

bloed_tarnen
10-08-2006, 02:44
No that was the Chapter Master or the Leader of the 1st company or something like that. The Fist of Dorn is actually a thunderhammer ;) not his real fist.

I think you have your fluff confused.

No, I am not confused completely, I realise that "the fist of Dorn" is a thunder hammer, I just didnt realise that Dorn didnt't give it to Lysander. I just read my codex and found it was the leader of the first company but he was merged in "unyielding stone" thats where I got mixed up.

Sorry

"slinks into shadows"

Brizzle
10-08-2006, 09:24
The primarchs and their fates as said by Index Astartes:

Lion El'Jonson (Dark Angels): Grievously wounded by Luthor. Supposedly taken by the Watchers in the Dark.

Fulgrim (Emperor's Children): Daemon Prince of Slaanesh.

Perturabo (Iron Warriors): Daemon Prince.

Jaghatai Khan (White Scars): Vanished into the Webway while fighting Dark Eldar.

Leman Russ (Space Wolves): Vanished suddenly. Still awaited and hunted for.

Rogal Dorn (Imperial Fists): Killed while fighting to protect Cadia during a Black Crusade.

Night Haunter (Night Lords): Seems to have been killed by an Imperial Assassin.

Sanguinus (Blood Angels): Killed by Horus.

Ferrus Manus (Iron Hands): Supposedly killed in the Istvaan V massacre. Some say he is on Mars.

Angron (World Eaters): Daemon Prince of Khorne, banished to the Warp by the Grey Knights during the first war of Armageddon.

Roboute Guilliman (Ultramarines): Mortally wounded by Daemon Prince Fulgrim. Kept in a statis chamber on Macragge where some say he is healing.

Mortarion (Death Guard): Daemon Prince of Nurgle.

Magnus the Red (Thousand Sons): Daemon Prince of Tzeentch.

Horus (Luna Wolves/ Sons of Horus): Killed by the Emperor.

Lorgar (Word Bearers): Daemon Prince.

Vulcan (Salamanders): Disappeared a thousand years after the founding of the chapter (not legion).

Corax (Raven Guard): Vanished suddenly, only saying 'Nevermore...'

Alpharius (Alpha Legion): Killed in single combat by Guilliman.

These all come from Index Astartes, and there may be other contradictary literature.

Helicon_One
10-08-2006, 10:47
BTW, I can pretty much gurantee that no Primarch will ever return. It would be a too big of change for lore.
I dunno, if GW feel the need to shake things up a bit and get some renewed interest in 40K, its the sort of thing I can see them pulling out for a continued timeline. I'd hope things don't get taken in that way though, a missing Primarchs returning to the Imperium is an overused fan-fiction cliche, and I'd like to see a little more imagination from the 40K studio itself.

Tim

ryng_sting
10-08-2006, 18:59
Ferrus is dead. His head was hurled at Horus's feet. Even the IH vehemently refute the theory that Mannus's body is on Mars.

Night Haunter was killed, if only because he wanted it that way - the precise quote spelling out this wish is on many posters' signatures.

Some people maintain Alpharius used a double, but, as with Night Haunter, they miss the point: each died to prove a point, so why would would they go back on themselves?

It's now thought that Vulkan perished in the Dropsite Massacre.

La'mour Le Breton
10-08-2006, 21:36
thanx to all the helpful people who contributed to this thread, and curses to the ones that think they are so much better than everyone else (or just have the time to check every past thread for info)

Icarus
11-08-2006, 01:25
Some people maintain Alpharius used a double, but, as with Night Haunter, they miss the point: each died to prove a point, so why would would they go back on themselves?

I'd say its entirely feasible Alpharius would have survived somehow as it was very much in his nature, and didn't really have such a point to prove. Alpharius would consider it a win if he got away and had tricked everyone. Night Haunter on the other hand is very probably dead, as his own last words make it very clear that he wanted to die, as it would prove he had been right all along.

ashc
11-08-2006, 11:14
I will go through the list as i see it:

Lion 'El Jonson: Left fatally wounded at the hands of Luther, Now resides within the very centre of the Rock protected and attended by the Watchers in the Dark

Rogal Dorn: Possibly MIA, more likely dead, killed in a chaos boarding action and only a hand recovered. Conspiracy theories on this.

Jaghatai Kahn: Dissappeared into a webway portal chasing Dark Eldar, never seen since, MIA

Sanguinius: Utterly killed by Horus

Leman Russ: Dissappeared with a group of his most loyal great company one night and never seen again, Bjorn was the only wolf guard member to remain with the Space Wolves

Corax: MIA, last seen flying towards the Eye of Terror crying 'Nevermore' after what he did to save his chapter

Vulkan: Totally MIA and unexplained too, missing after Istvaan.

Ferrus Manus: was beheaded by Fulgrim (possessed by a Slaaneshi daemon that now controls his body) at Istvaan, killed with the Anathamae. Head delivered to Horus.

Guilliman: Fatally wounded by Daemon Prince Fulgrim, No doubt with the Anathamae as its one of the few things that can bring down a primarch, now held in stasis on UMs homeworld, apparantly 'healing'.

Horus: Very dead at the hands (mind) of the Emperor

Fulgrim: Alive, now a Daemon Prince, but is possessed by a daemon who controls his body and tortures the real fulgrim within.

Angron: Daemon Prince, (i think) still currently banished after 1st war for Armageddon.

Night Haunter: Dead at the hands of M'Shveen, although conspiracy theorists will say otherwise (and for good reason)

Lorgar: Daemon Prince in the Eye

Magnus: Brooding Daemon Prince in the Eye

Perturabo: Daemon Prince 'sleeping' On his new homeworld.

Mortarion: Daemon Prince ruling over his new homeworld

Alpharius: according to Index Astartes, killed at the hands of Guilliman after the Heresy, but the IA is classed as possibly propaganda; plenty of conspiracy theories that he is still alive here.

Hope that helps.

Ash