PDA

View Full Version : Movement in difficult terrain

Semper fi
10-08-2006, 07:53
Hello,

I have a question related to movment and the special rules for movment for skirmishers and characters on foot. The BRB makes it clear that both skirmishers and characters can make a "march"move, normally of 8 inches. But what are the rules for moving in difficult terrain? Does this count as march move, and therefor not allowed in difficult terrain (and then only allowing them a normal move) or may skirmishers and characters on foot move double move also in difficult terrain??

Mephistofeles
10-08-2006, 08:04
As I recall it no, they still halve their move. But I am not sure, I think someone with the book at hand can quote it so as to get a more correct statement.

McMullet
10-08-2006, 08:10
Skirmishers do not march, they "double pace", which is specifically a different rule not affected by the normal restrictions to marching. Thus, skirmishers are completely unaffected by terrain, and can move through it at double their basic movement rate.

I'd have to check the BRB for characters, as I'm not sure if they are treated as skirmishers or just allowed to march by the rules.

Gorbad Ironclaw
10-08-2006, 08:14
Characters can also zoom through terrain just fine. As long as they are on foot.

Festus
10-08-2006, 08:26
Hi

Skirmishers can always march, there is no double pace anymore. And they are not slowed down by difficult terrain, although they suffer very diffucult terrain as normal.

US1 characters on foot do the same.

Greetings
Festus

Atrahasis
10-08-2006, 11:45
although they suffer very diffucult terrain as normal.

Not so. Skirmishers (and those things which move as skirmishers) "suffer no movement penalties for crossing obstacles or for moving over difficult or very difficult ground". BRB, pp 115

Festus
10-08-2006, 12:47
Oh, you can picture me astonished.

That is something I seem never to have bothered to look it up again... that follows when you assume things :(

Festus

edit: Funny - this is different in the German rulebook as well... here it is just difficult ground and obstacles which incur no penalty... ???

Gorbad Ironclaw
10-08-2006, 13:57
On the other hand, how much very difficult ground have you seen?

I can't remember the last time I actually saw something on the table. Difficult ground slows you down enough. Very difficult is pretty much the same as impassible to anyone but skirmishers anyway(same could be said of difficult ground really).