PDA

View Full Version : Shooting the organ gun

silverstu
10-08-2006, 08:07
Just looking for some clarification on shooting the organgun. It states that you target a unit, roll the artillery dice, then if the unit is in range[and no misfire has been rolled] the unit takes the number of hits rolled on the artillery dice. I take it that the artillery dice roll doesn't influence the range[like the flame cannon] and that the range is always 24".
Another question is that if the combat resolution score meets or exceeds the units leadership- it auto breaks??
Sorry for the silly questions but me and my longstanding oppenent just got back to gaming after a 10 year gap and I don't want to spoil things by using something incorrectly.
Cheers Stu.

Gorbad Ironclaw
10-08-2006, 08:15
Correctly, the artillery die doesn't influence the range of the organ gun.

Not quite sure I understand your second question. You mean if a unit with a leadership of say 6, lose combat by 6 or more? Then yes, under the current rules they auto break, as you can't roll low enough to pass the break test(would apply from losing with 5 or more really). In next edition, you will always hold on double one though.

silverstu
10-08-2006, 08:18
Cheers for the promt answer- on the break test thing- yes thats exactly what I meant.
Lots of skaven will die tonight!

TheWarSmith
10-08-2006, 14:11
I always thought double 1s passed for the longest time until somebody I don't normally play with explained to me that it was a house rule our store played with. Nice to know it's back.

Gorbad Ironclaw
10-08-2006, 15:15
It was a rule from 2nd ed 40k. Not especially happy to see it reappear.

It puts more emphasis on luck, and less on actually tactics/skill.

marv335
11-08-2006, 10:03
but as napoleon said, "give me lucky generals"
i like the insane courage rule.