PDA

View Full Version : Woodelf Fluff

Tancred II von Quenelles
19-06-2005, 20:13
So, lets start

Loren forest was seeded by the Old Ones. Was it in their plans, or it was influence ofchaos, but forestspirits and corridors of time appeared in the forest.

The forestspirits finally awoke after The war of the beard when dwarfs started chopping them.

Ewen earlyer WE had been tesed by FS - dryads lured and killed them turning into feys etc.
Ariel of the magekindred was the first to communicate with Loren, which had been studying elwes, which the Forest regarded as hahmful insects (in rouhg interpritation). Elwes tryed to explore Loren too - there were 3 expeditions, per 1000 elwes, of 1 - 700 aliwe, of another - nobody reterned, and 1 disappeared forewer.

Sorry now - shirt in time. Hope to post special chars and shirt history this week.

P.S. they have a good timeline in the book - lots about war and peace with Bretonnians and eternal war against Morghur.

karneambara
19-06-2005, 21:15
sounds sweet. i'm all too happy that we are getting a darker image and i love timelines (they help with my fluff sooo much)

Tancred II von Quenelles
19-06-2005, 21:53
The trees are constantly changing places where they grow. 1 winter they did it so, that WE had to fight dwarfs, as FS were weak. But 1 time a great army of dwarfs came and all kindreds assembled for the first time. Orion with Ariel fell in lowe and ran away and dissappeared - it angered elwes, as they were from different kindreds, and WE mix inly within their kindred. They tryed to catch them, but could not. They understood they can t defeat dwarfs, but the FS were watching the WE council and for the first time spoke to them and promiced help. So dwarfs were defeated. Later occured the story with orcs vs Orion from previous edition.

branchwrath
19-06-2005, 22:33
HA! The Dwarves got what was coming to em'!

No offence Dwarf players...:P

Arnizipal
20-06-2005, 00:20
Interesting stuff. Keep it coming. :)

A minor point of critique though: could you mind your spelling a bit? Some of your sentences are kinda hard to follow...

sulla
20-06-2005, 10:56

A minor point of critique though: could you mind your spelling a bit? Some of your sentences are kinda hard to follow...

I sink 'e 'iz spelling az good az 'e can... :evilgrin:

Nazguire
20-06-2005, 11:37
The trees are constantly changing places where they grow. 1 winter they did it so, that WE had to fight dwarfs, as FS were weak. But 1 time a great army of dwarfs came and all kindreds assembled for the first time. Orion with Ariel fell in lowe and ran away and dissappeared - it angered elwes, as they were from different kindreds, and WE mix inly within their kindred. They tryed to catch them, but could not. They understood they can t defeat dwarfs, but the FS were watching the WE council and for the first time spoke to them and promiced help. So dwarfs were defeated. Later occured the story with orcs vs Orion from previous edition.

And then...?

Come on you mean boy, fill in the blanks...you mean mean boy :cries:

Freak Ona Leash
20-06-2005, 11:47
And then we can assume Orion and his whore became the embodiments of Isha and Kuornous(spelling?)

Tancred II von Quenelles
20-06-2005, 11:57

Excuses. Today evening I ll try to post more fluff.

Orion destroyed orcs. He and Ariel are avatars of the elven gods. K is like eldar Avatar - he is burned in fire every eyar, then Wildriders gather his ashes and close them with Ariel in the Oak of Ages. Time passes - it is a bad sign to attract Wilriders, for they choose a candidate and close hm with ariel in the Oak. So the WE gat new Orion. When time comes, Orion starts the Wild Hunt (for 1 night) and hunts everything on his pess. Most ofen he hunts in my beloved Quenelles (once the dukes family was slaughtered, only his daughter taken in prison forever :mad:

Tancred II von Quenelles
20-06-2005, 11:59
I sink 'e 'iz spelling az good az 'e can... :evilgrin:

Very shirt in time - so the quality of spelling is not satisfying :angel: :eek: :evilgrin:

Nazguire
20-06-2005, 12:11
Excuses. Today evening I ll try to post more fluff.

Orion destroyed orcs. He and Ariel are avatars of the elven gods. K is like eldar Avatar - he is burned in fire every eyar, then Wildriders gather his ashes and close them with Ariel in the Oak of Ages. Time passes - it is a bad sign to attract Wilriders, for they choose a candidate and close hm with ariel in the Oak. So the WE gat new Orion. When time comes, Orion starts the Wild Hunt (for 1 night) and hunts everything on his pess. Most ofen he hunts in my beloved Quenelles (once the dukes family was slaughtered, only his daughter taken in prison forever :mad:

Hmmmm he's nasty too? Well that shows the evilness-ness of the WE...anything noble and goodie about them?

Galonthar
20-06-2005, 16:12
Hmmmm he's nasty too? Well that shows the evilness-ness of the WE...anything noble and goodie about them?

therw`s just one thing I can say about the new WE,....

" :skull: :evilgrin: MUWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :skull: :evilgrin:

sry,.. I let myself go there....

so these wild riders, how "unwild" their models may be, are some raiding-bodyguard of Orion,.. and Orion himself is some frenzied maniac?,... c-o-o-o-o-o-l....:-)

and of Orion raiding Quellenes, god that the woodies start becoming agressive... BURN those human towns!! (sry, Tancred & bret. players)

err how did they actually enter the city?,... I suppose a decent bret town does have walls... and scaling walls and raing an entire town.. with 1 unit...... WoooooW!

CauCaSus
20-06-2005, 18:32
Wow, I can't wait to get my hands on the Wood Elf book! :D

The new background sounds really nice and dark, just perfect!

Lady's Champion
20-06-2005, 20:58
well, it certainly explains why Bretonnians aren't official allies anymore!!! Who'd ally with these guys?!?

Jen Kollic
20-06-2005, 21:15
Orion destroyed orcs. He and Ariel are avatars of the elven gods. K is like eldar Avatar - he is burned in fire every eyar, then Wildriders gather his ashes and close them with Ariel in the Oak of Ages.

Is it just me, or does it sound like Ariel gets a bit of a raw deal there?

And wah, I wanted to do a Bret/WE alliance so that my current Brets wouldn't be *completely* abandoned. Ah well. I'm also sure that at some point in SoC there was a bit of fluff concerning how the elves had defended some Bretonnian villiages while the knights were away spanking Archaon's horde, does that sound familar to anyone else?

Sir Charles
21-06-2005, 00:08
err how did they actually enter the city?,... I suppose a decent bret town does have walls... and scaling walls and raing an entire town.. with 1 unit...... WoooooW!
He might have just been refering to the Dukedom of Quenelle and not the city.

So when they burn Orion is that like the Wickerman thingy where it was meant to haraled in the harvest or something like that, I can't remember.

Tancred II von Quenelles
21-06-2005, 06:27
and of Orion raiding Quellenes, god that the woodies start becoming agressive... BURN those human towns!! (sry, Tancred & bret. players)

Quenelles borderlands :mad: Brets are still the allies most trusted by the WE, they ofen help each others. Questing knights are the only kind of mad men, who enter Loren and even manage to goin elven feasts and come back alive, not always, though. Inn the Wildhuntday orion is grtting owherwelmid by the savage aspect of his god and attacs all on his way.

Dargon
21-06-2005, 08:43
Are there any answers to the questions posed by the Bretonnian book?

Who is the Fey Enchantress, and who does she work for?
Who, or what, is the Lady of the Lake?
What is the fate of the male children taken by the Fey Enchantress who never return?

Just a thought...

Galonthar
21-06-2005, 09:57
Who, or what, is the Lady of the Lake?

hmm... it could be that elven nature goddes,....
I`ve forgotten her name,...

maxwell123
21-06-2005, 13:02

Isha is the goddess you are thinking of.

Freak Ona Leash
21-06-2005, 14:03
So,now the WE are led by a spacy hippy goddess and a scary psycho possesed by a demon/nature spirit/Bob Dole. Um yeah, I only have one thing to say: :wtf:

PARTYCHICORITA
21-06-2005, 14:34

I always though Arielle was the lady of the lake

The Pale Lady
21-06-2005, 14:35
I always though Arielle was the lady of the lake

This is the debate that has been raging for aaages, who exactly is she. we were hoping Tancred can shed some light on the situation :)

Brandir
21-06-2005, 14:48
Ariel is not the Lady in the Lake.

In the previous edition Ariel and Orion were two young elf lovers who disappeared into an oak tree for a bit of nookie and emerged as Kurnous and Isha.

Personally I blame those funny fags that young tree huggers smoke.

Galadrin
21-06-2005, 16:21
Funny fags, my good sir, are not something one should smoke.

Tom - Heretic
21-06-2005, 16:43
I prefer the term "exotic jazz cigarettes".

I have to geet hold of this book for the fluff, more precisely how it expands on the bretonnian stuff.

Neknoh
21-06-2005, 16:44
I am sure that the elves are tripping on 'Shrooms!

I have proof!!

Orion is Green, right! The collour of pure Waagh energy is green, right! So, Orion is the embodiment of Gork and Mork, not this Kuornos guy!

Sorry for that, really nice fluff there is here, though I am a bit confused, have I understood the Orion Burning Ritual correct...

Orion is burned
His ash is brought inside a huge and ancient oak together with Ariel
The Wildriders then search for the new embodiment of Orion amongst the elves
They takes him into the oak as well
Orion and Ariel walks out of the Oak
Orion goes hunting with his Wildriders
Orion defends Loren
Orion is burned

is that correct?

Squirrel
21-06-2005, 18:15
Sorry for that, really nice fluff there is here, though I am a bit confused, have I understood the Orion Burning Ritual correct...

Orion is burned
Orion defends Loren
Orion is burned

is that correct?

As far As the rumours go I have heard yes...

Brucey...

Galonthar
21-06-2005, 20:19
Orion is burned
Orion defends Loren
Orion is burned

is that correct?

kinda weird, don`t you think?, if the woodies burn Orion every time when he has had his raid, ... to revive him afterward again?,... what`s the point of burning hin in the first place?? :eyebrows:

amagi
21-06-2005, 21:04
Because it reflects the seasons.
Anyway, I guess this means they essentially kill of an elf a year by this process. Kind of stupid...

Squirrel
21-06-2005, 21:43
what`s the point of burning hin in the first place?? :eyebrows:
The point is that he basiccally dies in the winter along with all the forest foliage and then is reborne in the spring summer...

Guess we will have to wait for the book to find out more... :evilgrin: