PDA

View Full Version : A new Libarian model - NOT A RUMOR!!

Melchiah
10-08-2006, 10:24
This is not a rumour just a an idea. Sorry if this should be in another forum. Pls move if so

Ok so I was thinking that the Commander has a plastic kit and the chaplin has serval metal models and i started to think which the libraian will get, if ever.
First off I started to think that the range of modelling ideas might warrant a plastic kit, With or with out helm, the hood modeled in to the head. All sorts of force weapons (Axe,sword,staff etc,) Little famillars, books, scrolls. The list goes on. Even the "off" hand could be in "funny" poses, Talbards, robes, hoods and clothes.
Does anyone think that this would be a great box or think of someother things to make it great?

Simsandwich
10-08-2006, 10:32
Most new players will just go straight for the captain, and not use a Librarian or Chaplain as they are metal, its a great idea though, but GW won't see enough money in it.

Sergeant Tanthius
10-08-2006, 10:43
Read the rumours forum. I think somewhere within the Angels line up thread there is something about giving the libby the same treatment as the chappie in Dark Angels codex.

Or is it my imaginations? :eek:

marv335
10-08-2006, 10:46
with a little convertion work all three hq choices can be made from the commander box.

t-tauri
10-08-2006, 10:49
I believe a number of metal librarians are already sculpted and the release will happen either with Dark or Blood Angels next year.

Promethius
10-08-2006, 10:51
I made my librarian from a plastic tactical marine with little extras from my bits box. I'll take a picture and link if you like. Point is, it's relatively simple to convert librarians and even chaplains from the plastics already available.

Nemesis Inferno
10-08-2006, 10:51
Yep, made a librarian model from the Commander, still needs a GS power going on, but he looks plausible...

They should really have that sorta box set for all HQs tbh...Instead of blisters

t-tauri
10-08-2006, 11:06
Plastic librarians/Chaplains will probably come with the 5th edition codex. ;)

Sakura
10-08-2006, 11:24
Read the rumours forum. I think somewhere within the Angels line up thread there is something about giving the libby the same treatment as the chappie in Dark Angels codex.

Or is it my imaginations? :eek:

I said that simply becuase it seems plausable. 1 terminator Lib and 4 flavours.
they can wrap up all ideas in 4 varients. staffed, axed and bladed with the option of sticking the sword on the axe guy or even being a main body with randomly boxed force wep and plas/ bolt pistol etc.

But I think it will be as simple as the chaps.
But thats no rule.
A plastic box would be ideal for trinkets and Familiar choices but id rather have a selection of 4 totally different models. the Commander box only has one generic torso and weapons options available in other boxes.

On the note of familiar, GW will probably make it but then they may not as it seems rather abnormal to stick a hero coded/priced model with a wargear model coded model within a blister.
I dont think they like breaching their own personal packing rules where hero non special characters go for the same price as a special characters.

He cant take lots of familiars so he wont be put in a box like the Techmarine.

My money is on.
65% chaplain style release, 33% commander style box. Still room to be either at this point. 1% something else.

Jim
10-08-2006, 12:33
Doesn't that add up to 99%???...whats the other 1% for???

Mr. Sir
10-08-2006, 20:08
When you say that it's 'not a rumor' I thought that meant it was fact... :( dissapointment

Melchiah
11-08-2006, 03:00
I mean not a rumour in the fact that its an idea. not "not" a rumour in that it was true.

cailus
11-08-2006, 03:03
I made my librarian from a plastic tactical marine with little extras from my bits box. I'll take a picture and link if you like.

Yes please!

cailus
11-08-2006, 03:04
I think the Librarians are going to be metal, just like the Chaplains. Proably a range of 3-4 power armoured, 1 Terminator, 1 with jump pack.

Bloody hell the marines get too much stuff!

Melchiah
11-08-2006, 03:36
Marines dont get more they just make more sales, they fore they get more minis. Like the eldar,tau and nids.
Whats the saying the squeeky wheel gets the grease :P.
Wish i had the money for a shiny new eldar army

cailus
11-08-2006, 03:53
But how many people will buy all 7 versions of a Chaplain otr Librarian? We Orks have a choice of 2 warboss models (special characters excluded cause I excluded them for the Marines (Grimaldus and the Ultramarine twit)!

Chem-Dog
11-08-2006, 03:59
I think it's pretty much confirmed that there are going to be several Librarians released with the Dark Angels in a similar way to the Chaplains released for the Black Templars, I personally would much rather see a sprue for Chaplains/Librarians in a similar way to the Commander, it looks as if a similar philosophy will be followed for the New Warhammer release, the Orc leader gives you all you need to make you general on foot or mounted (and people say 40K gets all the love? Work out the cash value of the stuff you get with the new warhammer book and the stuff you get with the Macragge set)

Melchiah
11-08-2006, 08:53
I personally would much rather see a sprue for Chaplains/Librarians in a similar way to the Commander, it looks as if a similar philosophy will be followed for the New Warhammer release, the Orc leader gives you all you need to make you general on foot or mounted
That be sweet too. Not like each race more or less doesnt share the same body as the HQ type

Promethius
11-08-2006, 10:01
I've submitted the photo of the Imperial Fist Librarian I converted from a tactical marine to the warseer gallery - I'll post a link when (and if!) it gets approved.

Lastie
11-08-2006, 10:45
With the huge power boost Librarians received in 4th Ed I've seen quite a few of them being fielded by my local Marine players. If that's a snapshot of the general metagame then I don't see why GW won't give the Librarians at least the Chaplain treatment, especially with the release of the upcoming Dark Angels stand alone Codex. A couple of power armoured variants and one in Terminator armour should do. A Familiar model packaged alongside would be handy too.

Sakura
11-08-2006, 11:46
Power play wise youre best off with a Chaplain or Lib.
All these people buying iron halos and power weps for their commanders bother me, its not like that leadership 10 army wide really helps that much.... Don't argue with me, its an opinion.

I dont like the plastic box Idea, I just want everyone to realise that you only get one torso and items you can get in other places, its perfect for a commander but not for a librarian. 4 flavours, jump pack and termi Librarian give you truck loads more unique options and one of those will certainly please you.
I am normally very hard to please but I found all of the Chaplains to at least be acceptable, 3 of the 6 were worth buying even though I didnt even need one.
So, GW should use that sculpter and we should have nothing to complain about.