PDA

View Full Version : Fun stuff in the Chaos Dreadnought box!

Malphax
11-08-2006, 04:27
Are the only gun arms in the box (as I'm led to believe from the bitz breakdown on the GW site) the autocannon and the plasma cannon? Or do I need to separately order more weapon options? I don't want to end up with extras if I don't need to. Does anyone remember what's in the box? Namely, the missile launcher, multi-melta, and lascannons seem to be missing.

IncubiLord
11-08-2006, 06:25
I'm fairly sure you'd have to convert your own arms for those weapons, but I don't buy CSM models.

My 2005-2006 'Complete' Catalog doesn't offer those arms, and I don't remember them being available.

However, the Classic Blood Angels Dread and the current Dark Angels Dread have arms that are probably compatible and bear the weapons you named. They might need to be a bit Chaos-ified for your army, but that's a start if you don't want to do a full-arm conversion.

[SD] Bob Plisskin
11-08-2006, 07:19
I got the plasma cannon and haybe an autocannon, could be HB, i can't remeber what the codex says he can take. The close combat arm is either the claw, hammer or scourge but not one of each so open the box beforehand! I got the furioso right arm and made into into a heavy flamer/2ccw dread.

Ravenous
11-08-2006, 07:23
try forge world I think they still make the choas dread arms

Asi the Red
11-08-2006, 08:12
Hey ya'.

Yeah, not sure what comes in the GW dread box, but ForgeWorld makes all the arms; they're a bit pricy, but they give you what you want if you don't want to have to convert anything.

lord_blackfang
11-08-2006, 08:58
My friends and I always got a plasma cannon, an autocannon, a power claw and a power scourge with our Chaos Dreads.

Azazel
11-08-2006, 12:50
I brought three Dreadnoughts a few years back and they all came with the Scourge, Claw, Plasma Cannon and Auto-cannon.

The Auto-cannon is probably the best configuration IMHO.

Lord Humongous
11-08-2006, 18:21
I brought three Dreadnoughts a few years back and they all came with the Scourge, Claw, Plasma Cannon and Auto-cannon.

The Auto-cannon is probably the best configuration IMHO.

I got the same items, plus a spare set of legs. Lucky me! I ordered a few bits and scratch-built a body using plasticard and some bits from the deamon prince and some marines, used feet from a toy dinosaur, and had my very own super-mutant dread. Like it so much, I never assembled the norml one.
My custom version has magnetic arms so I can do any conficuration, and the basic twin autocannon / ccw w combi-bolter is my fave. Cheap, low proprity as a target (though my model draws attention) and a very real threat vs light vehicles and any squad it charges. Mutated hull is nice if you have the points, but demonic possesion does nearly as well if you just want it for firepower.

Scopedog
11-08-2006, 22:39
This is the page showing the original Chaos Dreadnought Heavy Bolter and Autocannon and are only available online as far as I know:

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=99110102003&orignav=300901&ParentID=5171&GameNav=10&ItemNav=301818

glowing in the dark
12-08-2006, 12:38
Back when I played chaos I got plasma cannon & TL heavy bolters, claw & scourge.This was some 6-7 years ago.