PDA

View Full Version : Eldar craftworld rules

Stormtrooper Clark
11-08-2006, 10:20
I had a look at the Craftworld rules and to me they seemed a little...rescritive.

I want to make a Beil-Tan (Or whatever their called) force when the new stuf is released however when i look at the rumors section and someone posted the Craftworld rules i was a little disopionited.

Will i only be able to take units that it says? No War-Walkers, No Guardians, No rangers etc?

Ulthwue list looks VERY rescritive, they can only take Farseers and Guardian squads :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

So my question is simple, does the list discribed tell me the units i can use or does it just tell you where they are mixed up for each craftworld (EG: The Biel-Tan list doesn't say i can take Guardians but does this mean i can't take them OR because they have not been moved around they are not mentiond?

I'm going to buy a box of Rangers today and i don't wanna have to start a Valnila force because i got a load of Rangers and Guardians (Or Alotiec)

PS: My spelling sucks when it comes to naming Eldar stuff.

Jonik
11-08-2006, 10:27
They are not rules. They are guidelines posted by brimstone on what is still still avaialable to stop people winging that their armies have been destroyed.

You can pick anything you like as long as it goes in the right force org places.

Nexto
11-08-2006, 10:38
@Stormtrooper Clark: This bit is in the same post as the craftworld rules you refer to, i wonder how one can miss that out:

These are done with the previous Craftworld codex in mind but you can of course use any of the other unit choices as non are restricted all Craftworlds have them, just in greater or lesser numbers.

I also wonder why you didnt take the time to read the stickies, atleastyou got enough time to write such a long post? Its explicitly stated there that this part of the forums is not intended for user questions.

Next time: Please look at the roundup and do a bit of research before starting senseless threads :)

Jonik
11-08-2006, 11:11
Oh don't be so harsh. It's a perfectly good question, since he might have got a bit confused. Perhaps english isn't his first language. :)

sanctusmortis
11-08-2006, 11:17
Close topic, move on...

Kriegsherr
11-08-2006, 11:20
I thought it would be clear by now by reading just some of the rumours regarding the new eldar 'dex:

There are no Craftworld Rules anymore. Almost anything from the craftworld 'dexes will be usable by using the vanilla list.
And as far as I have heard, no traits or doctrines.

Good news for me. As the Mini-dexes were awful, at least most of them...

Nexto
11-08-2006, 11:51
@Jonik: Well it isnt mine too, i did not intend to be that harsh, just a little ... direct :D

Nevertheless, this is not the place to ask questions, he could have known that.

Sephiroth
11-08-2006, 13:42
Curious; where can I view these guidelines? Couldn't find them in the Rumour Roundup. :(

Hellebore
11-08-2006, 13:54
Curious; where can I view these guidelines? Couldn't find them in the Rumour Roundup. :(

They are in the Eldar Rumours thread. I think they are the 3rd or 4th post by Brimstone.

They are also on the first page in this thread:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45152

Hellebore

Stormtrooper Clark
11-08-2006, 14:05
flame flame flame flame, god what a great forum

Jon_Irenicus
11-08-2006, 14:09
flame flame flame flame, god what a great forum

It isnt flame. Its just advice, so no unnecessary threads are created by people who just want a question answered. Truth be told, the most inflamatory post as of yet as been this one of yours.

Please, do understand that some people have been here for a long time. Useless threads with misleading titles are the bane of every Warseer member and if you had read the Forum rules youd see the reason why.

Welcome to Warseer, anyway, but Id change that atitude ;)

Kriegsherr
11-08-2006, 14:13
@ SC:

Please read the stickies first, and the forum rules, then this wouldn't have happened to you. I also would like to point out that no-one in this thread tried to flame you, instead tried to point out the rules of the rumours forum, which clearly say that question threads are not allowed as they quickly would bury important rumour threads if allowed.

Please also note that you weren't the first person asking about the craftworld codex, and people get a little bit annoyed by a question asked again and again.

I can understand you confusion with Brimstones post, but I think you got the Info you were looking for by now.

Please use the F-Word (Flaming that is) with care, as internet flamewars are an ugly sight to behold and not only one time is has started with the F-Word beeing slapped at another user.

Locke
11-08-2006, 14:50
i dont understand why beil-tan would be able to field the same amount of spiders, banshees, and dragons that other craftworlds could.

All beil-tan players would want is:

-2 aspects from elites may be chosen as troops
-wraithguard may never be chosen as troops
...so on

I think it would be pretty easy to implement without being over powered or cheesy

Asuril
11-08-2006, 15:40
It would've been nice to see something akin to 'traits' a la SM in the eldar 'dex, but honestly guys.... the new codex looks so bad-ass, there's really no reason to cry for something more.

Fluff craftworlds should be for fluff sake! Play your army well, and you wont need seer councils of doom or other stupid special options.

Just my 200 hundred dollars.
(I'm a high roller)

Kamin_Majere
11-08-2006, 16:06
We are going to be loosing alot of flexablility with the new dex though. You cant really go as far down theme as was once possible. I guess its good and bad though. I will miss all fire dragon armies and all warp spider armies. but i guess they will be sacrificed to have a more balanced out list over all.

It does seem pretty limited to just having the one type of FOC though. One of the most diverse armies in all of 40K has been reduced to a single codex

Zphindar
11-08-2006, 16:07
I play Biel Tan and all I want is if autarch takes "X" then Y can be taken as troops...

But I'll do with what I have, the new avengers seem to be worth taking now and the models are really good looking, so it wont be too hard for me. With the rumored reduced pts cost to weapons and some skimmers, it wont be too hard to incorporate them into my list.

What will be a bit harder is tournaments where you get extra pts for not taking too many elites and maxing out on troops. I dont see myself ever taking more than 2 squads of avengers if even that, and maybe some rangers.

But all in all I think the changes will just mean that we have to adapt and learn new tricks, Biel tan will still be possible, just different.

Kriegsherr
11-08-2006, 16:08
It would've been nice to see something akin to 'traits' a la SM in the eldar 'dex, but honestly guys.... the new codex looks so bad-ass, there's really no reason to cry for something more.

Fluff craftworlds should be for fluff sake! Play your army well, and you wont need seer councils of doom or other stupid special options.

Just my 200 hundred dollars.
(I'm a high roller)

Truth spoken!

Its not necessary to shift anything in the org chart if you want a biel-tan army. You can take all aspects with the normal list, you can fill all categories with just aspect squads and honestly... if the Fluff says that Dire Avengers are the most common aspect, if the new dex make them really usefull as the rumours suggest and if GW even has the courtesy to release some of the best plastics they ever made for them, I don't see any reason why a fluffy biel-tan player shouldn't have to field two DA squads as standart.

I mean, its not like they wouldn't be the most flexible or cheapest aspect, no better way to fill your compulsory choices.

I will do an aspect only army (not a biel-tan one, as I prefer to make up my own fluff and therefore will theme them to another, homemade craftworld or pirate fleet), and I'm really excited about the new eldar dex.

And to all the player who are addicted to one elite choice and because of this now want an army only made from this one elite choice: get real! I know that IG Players got their Tank only army or marine players can field the Termi army. But its not like its the most badass army in the world. And fluff should dictate the List, not the other way round.

Brimstone
11-08-2006, 16:51
As this thread contains neither news or rumours I'm going to move it to 40K general.

And guys cut out the attitude a bit please, you can be firm but polite regarding the rules.

Lancer
11-08-2006, 16:51
So, what happened to Maugan Ra and his retinue of 100 Dark Reapers? :p

Stormtrooper Clark
11-08-2006, 19:02

Marine players cried about it so Games Workshop nerfed it ;)

lord_blackfang
11-08-2006, 19:24

I heard they actually formed an emo band.

marv335
11-08-2006, 19:52
they were wiped out by an infiltrating devestator squad armed with heavy bolters. :D

Karhedron
11-08-2006, 20:08
We do not know the rules for Phoenix Lords yet, possibly they allow greater access to their chosen aspect. We will have to wait until nearer the time for more info on them.

Locke
11-08-2006, 21:22
I play Biel Tan and all I want is if autarch takes "X" then Y can be taken as troops...

But I'll do with what I have, the new avengers seem to be worth taking now and the models are really good looking, so it wont be too hard for me. With the rumored reduced pts cost to weapons and some skimmers, it wont be too hard to incorporate them into my list.

What will be a bit harder is tournaments where you get extra pts for not taking too many elites and maxing out on troops. I dont see myself ever taking more than 2 squads of avengers if even that, and maybe some rangers.
But all in all I think the changes will just mean that we have to adapt and learn new tricks, Biel tan will still be possible, just different.

AMEN!!! Tournies that dont addapt and point out based on selections will hammer themed non-cheese eldar armies. While non-themed incedible-cheesy marine armies take 6 troop choices and get rewarded for it. :mad:

Zphindar
12-08-2006, 00:34
I dont know how cheesy loading up on eldar troops is going to be though... although we'll see I'm sure someone out there will figure out a way.. lol

I'm wondering how the lack of Craftworlds will affect the feel of the eldar however. Imagine if Space MArines for example didnt have chapters. Hopefully the codex will be varied enough that you can personnalise your forec...

Who am I kidding this is eldar, chances are doing a list will be the same torture it always was, as in: which cool thing do I have to leave home due to lack of pts... LOL

Jon_Irenicus
12-08-2006, 04:27

They met their end against Chaos Chuck Norris and his army of Rending Chaos Ponies.

LarryS
14-08-2006, 12:25
On a slightly different note, does anyone know any background info on the Telennar craftworld. The first I've seen of them is in the new US White Dwarf (#319 Aug 2006). One picture of rangers and a paragraph of text just isn't enough. :cries:
Specifically, does anyone know what the color scheme is (red/orange and black)?

Kamin_Majere
14-08-2006, 17:24
I thought they were one of the craftworlds introduced in the 40K CCG. I wouldnt expect them to have much fluff. The new dex might make mention of them but i dont think it will be much more than the paragraph of text.

We dont get that much fluff, so somethings will just be left out unfortunatly. We're not lucky enough to have 60+ diffrent chapters with actual fluff, we have 5 craftworlds that get it and thats about it