PDA

View Full Version : O&G army deal up for predorder

Knighty
11-08-2006, 12:13
just noticed that the O&G army deal (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=60110209150&orignav=9) is available for preorder in the UK. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet.

BlazeXI
11-08-2006, 12:34
Same poo as the italian version. Only that you have the book added.

Zodiac
11-08-2006, 15:54
"Orcs and Goblins are the scourge of the Warhammer World, an unending tide of ferocious raiders. For every Greenskin Waaagh! defeated on the battlefield, another arises to trample a swathe of destruction across the land. This great boxed set contains the new Orc and Goblin Army book, 2 Orc Heroes, 2 Goblin Heroes, 20 Orcs, 10 Black Orcs, 40 Night Goblins, a Chariot and 10 Wolf Riders, and you get all of this 2 weeks before the main release of the Orcs and Goblins."

Sarcastic: "OOoooh two whole weeks!"

Wow that gives me time to paint the hero already!

=/

Avian
11-08-2006, 16:00
Note that it seems to be 3 orc heroes and 1 goblin hero, not 2 of each.

silashand
11-08-2006, 20:00
I'm surprised. No special edition character (BSB) like the other army boxes have had? I know with the plastic character model you can make two figs, I just would've thought there would be *something* unique about it. JMO though...

Cheers, Gary

wookie
11-08-2006, 20:06
The shaman pictured at the front on the right is the special edition for the army box.

It's the shaman holding a skull above his(?) head. Theres a picture kicking aroung Warseer somewhere of the model.

Cheers

EvC
13-08-2006, 18:13
Well, at least it includes the army book... though it does suck that the 40K gamers are getting £100 army deals saving ~£50 each, whereas Fantasy players only get a "free" army book...

neXus6
13-08-2006, 18:19
I always love it when companies say "This great ..." about one of their products. No thanks Gw I think I'll be the judge of if it's great or not. :p

2 weeks, hmm, I recon waiting a while and spending 145 quid on stuff I'd actually want would be better. Or better still just waiting for the book and using the stuff I already have with maybe the odd new piece but that would be stuff like chariots which are unchanged. :D
Hmm...actually might be able to buy the old Night Goblins for cheap after the new ones come out.
I prefer my Night and Common Gobbos to be the same size thank you very much. :p

DeathMasterSnikch
13-08-2006, 18:32
That deal sucks. Seriously, I'm willing to go through the 'horror' of waiting 2 weeks and just getting a car load of spider riders, oh and the goblin with the mega axe.

neXus6
13-08-2006, 18:46
I like the forest goblins but I don't much like the spiders, the sooner they make a few tweaks and turn the riding ones into standing ones the better if you ask me. :p

Am I right in thinking while the night goblins and forest goblins are tiny the common goblins aren't being redone? I've not been paying much attention to the rumours of late. :p

(DTS)4p
13-08-2006, 19:14
I am actually disappointed! I think that i'll just go to GAMESDAY and buy £145of stuff there! i will get what i want! besides the black orcs in the Army Deal aren't even the Plastic Ones!!!

thommo
13-08-2006, 20:05
seems like an awful lot of money for very little money to me! it might be me but i look at the way it's laid out in the photo on the GW sales page and it just doesn't seem like a lot for your money!!! Compare the contents of the new 7th edition box set (more figures plus rules plus extras like dice / templates etc) and it seems like a total rip off!!!

vampires are cool!
13-08-2006, 20:14
i for one think the army deal is good, its certainly good if you want to expand an existing force or even create a new one

Knighty
13-08-2006, 20:32
Well, at least it includes the army book... though it does suck that the 40K gamers are getting £100 army deals saving ~£50 each, whereas Fantasy players only get a "free" army book...

The army deal is different to the megaforce. The army deal only comes with a "free" army book/codex and a ltd ed. model. The upcoming Eldar army box is like this.

The meegaforce is basically two of the £50 batallion boxes together.

EvC
13-08-2006, 22:26
Yes, and my point is that it would sure be nice if there were "MegaForce" deals available for Warhammer armies... however, I suppose that the MegaForce components are all-plastic, which is not particularly viable for WHFB at present.

(Also once again, limited edition and special edition are not the same thing)

Crazy Harborc
14-08-2006, 00:23
One reason for the not offering the "new plastic" Black Orcs.....the y might not be in production yet. Another reason, could be to unload more of the 6th Edition metal BO minies.

So, do the components of the army deal, if bought seperately, add up to more than the price of the army deal?

namarie
14-08-2006, 01:31
Just to remember.

The "old" 6th edition army deal (December 2000), priced 150 euro, had:
- Ork mounted on wyvern (metal)
- Plastic Ork big boss on boar
- Special limited metal battle standard bearer
- 19 plastic ork boyz
- 18 plastci ork arrer boyz
- 1 plastic ork chariot
- 10 plastic wolf riders
- 20 plastic gobos
- 20 plastic night gobos, with three metal fanatics
- 1 metal rock lobber
- 1 metal gob shaman and 1 metal night gob shaman
- Two metal squigs and three metal goblins.

It means, the current big box is far more expensive (near 50 percent), has less plastic models and less metal models... :(

Wont buy it.

.-: Namarie :-.

Crazy Harborc
14-08-2006, 02:10
Now THAT answer does give me a trip down memory lane to what was the last Orc army deal. Never mind the comparision, I'll add in the new gobbos minies and use the Orcs I've got now.

UltimateNagash
14-08-2006, 15:46
I was bored and worked out the pretty much retail price, and well, the army box is slightly cheaper than buying it seperately (without knowing how much the characters are, it's impossible to get a proper price).
I will be buying it, just to expand my Orc and Goblin army (which will compose of about three units before I buy it). Check my website to see what I mean.

Lordsaradain
14-08-2006, 19:45
Wohoo! I get 20 orc boyz, 10 wolf riders and 10 black orcs, 2 weeks before their release!

...wait. Weren't all those models released years ago? :rolleyes:

Crazy Harborc
14-08-2006, 20:00
But, but that, that was during the old edition(s). This is for new, better than ever 7th:rolleyes: :D Yeah, I'll buy the rulebook.....IN the Skull Pass box.

Scactha
15-08-2006, 16:19
If that´s new NG´s where´s the Fanatics? Supposed to come in the box weren´t they?

Lordsaradain
15-08-2006, 21:04
If that´s new NG´s where´s the Fanatics? Supposed to come in the box weren´t they?

Good point!

It would be pretty nice of GW to include the fanatics in the NG boxes, but if they aren't in the picture then I'll have to assume that GW isn't going to be nice. If they'd include the fanatics in the NGbox I'm sure they'd advertise how fantastic it was...

Still, beats me why the h*ll they made new plastic fanatics, the old models were (are) much better so why update them if they arn't going in the NG box?

And while they are at updating all other Night goblins, how come the squigs and squig herders have been left out?

The only (bad) reason I can think of is because they've changed the rules for fanatics and they think the new models are presumably a better representation for them (just like they've sligtly changed the look, and set of rules, for netters).

Shimmergloom
15-08-2006, 21:09
I'm glad they are not in the box.

It would just be an excuse for them to raise the price to $35, for 3 models that I don't need.

Harry
16-08-2006, 10:23
Surely they have changed the fanatics because the new Night Goblins are just little itty bitty Goblins and the old fanatics would look like some kind of giant, mutant Goblin in front of a unit of the new ones. (....although it could be argued that those goblins chosen to wield huge metal balls would tend to be the biggest in the tribe)

Morathi's Darkest Sin
16-08-2006, 10:56
Its the drugs that do that man, not the size of the goblins.. eat those mushrooms and watch em go.. yeah far out.

Seriously... the deal sucks. I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole, unless of course GW wants to give me one for free.. I mean I think they need to be doing that just for us to take them off their hands. ;P

The boyz
16-08-2006, 11:50
I agree witht the general comments on this thread. This is a pretty poor army deal really. I dont think I will be buying it when it comes out.