PDA

View Full Version : Cost of starcannon per shot?

Locke
11-08-2006, 21:15
The debate surrounding starcannons is old and we know that. Before (or the present) in guardian squads a starcannon shot was about the cost of a SM scout. Now it appears in the new codex the starcannon will only fire 2 times, but the cost has been reduced. And it appears that guardian squads will be allowed to have 2 weapon platforms. Therefore its possible to believe that the cost per shot could be about the same, and allow even more starcannons in a eldar army when fielding guardians.

I wonder if this will hold true for vypers and warwalkers, meaning because of the reduced cost, it will be possible to field more starcannons?

RampagingRavener
11-08-2006, 21:38
Ah, but there is also the increased minimum squad size of Gaurdians which will artificially increase the cost, and I suppose you could also factor in the cost for the rumoured +1 squad of Dire Avengers. I think, all in all, we'll be seeing a similar or slightly smaller amount of starcannon shots as before.

marv335
11-08-2006, 21:54
guardians will not be able to take two weapons platforms (according to brimmys round up)

two special weapons, yes. two platforms no.