PDA

View Full Version : fitting out razorbacks w/ extras

etham
11-08-2006, 22:18
Anyone have tips on fitting out razorbacks with extras?

I am going with smoke, deffinitely, but I was wondering if anyone puts anything else on theirs. I think maybe a dozer blade would be effective. Plus they look great. Any one have good/bad luck with those?

Chaplin Loki
12-08-2006, 03:13
I like the look of a gunner on top, so for mine I used old whirlwind bodies without the missle pods and made the gun mounting from extra bits. But smoke is a must the dozer blade not so much in my experience. Depending on how many transports you field little add ons like that start to add up.

Chem-Dog
12-08-2006, 04:06
Dozer blades are a waste of time unless you use a lot of difficult terrain in your battles (it would be nice if they confered some kind of armour bonus to the front facing, but that's by the by).
I would recomend taking Extra Armour and have seen Smoke actually make a difference recently.
HunterKillers are a lot of points but it's worth remembering if you have a few left over when picking your army, that infinite range shot can make you a danger from turn one, not often you can say that about a Razorback.

Acolyte
12-08-2006, 04:28
Personally, I think the only upgrades Imperial and Chaos transports should take are Extra Armour and Smoke. Maybe HK Missiles, if you have the points. Everything else is overkill.

ExxonValdez
12-08-2006, 14:45
15 points for a hunterkiller missile or another marine. I go with the marine.

Gen.Steiner
12-08-2006, 14:55
Extra Armour, Smoke and Searchlight. 9pts. The first two are pretty much mandatory, Searchlights are optional, but can come in handy.

If you want more firepower, get a pintle-mount Storm Bolter.

cookiescrumble
12-08-2006, 14:58
All transports should have Extra Armour and smoke launchers. The only other upgrade for a razorback should be the T-L lascannon.

Gen.Steiner
12-08-2006, 14:59
All [vehicles] should have Extra Armour and smoke launchers.

Fixed. Not that there was anything wrong with what you said, I'm just making it more specific.

t-tauri
12-08-2006, 15:04
Extra armour and smoke should just be included in the basic points cost.

Grand Master Raziel
13-08-2006, 05:19
Extra Armor and Smoke. If you're using a 'back with heavy bolters, the pintle storm bolter might be worthwhile. A Searchlight is probably worth the 1 point.

Better advice is probably to not use Razorbacks at all. Use Rhinos to shlep troops and squads to provide fire support.

etham
16-08-2006, 00:30
Better advice is probably to not use Razorbacks at all. Use Rhinos to shlep troops and squads to provide fire support.

I guess I should have asked before I bought the kits. I was baited by the fact that it was only $60 after shipping on ebay for two razors and 12 tac marines!

SepulchreKnight
16-08-2006, 01:47
Extra Armor and Smoke. If you're using a 'back with heavy bolters, the pintle storm bolter might be worthwhile. A Searchlight is probably worth the 1 point.

I agree.

Hunter killers can be priceless if you get the first turn.

Gen.Steiner
17-08-2006, 12:39
Hunter Killers are best en masse in my experience, but they're 10pts a pop, so... unless you have a spare 100pts, don't bother.