PDA

View Full Version : New army ideas

binary
12-08-2006, 23:57
Well seems as i haven't been around in a while i thought i'd get some input on this one....having nearly finished the Patrian 121st I'm starting to hunt for ideas for my next project.
So far I've got
1) Stargate themed eldar army- Seer council as Goa'uld, aspects/guardians as Jafa etc. Lots of animal heads and staff weapons
2) Knight household armoured company- Inspired by the plethora of knight conversions an armoured company is tempting...the only downside is that it aint touney legal over here
3) Slaaneshi Marine army using only SOB minis- costly, but it'd look damn good led by a daemon princess made from the Inquisitor Jenna Orchiel
4) The Wild Hunt-Ork army made using the Fantasy Beastmen range...this is my fave so far

As you can tell from the IG I like converting armies to have a theme that makes them stand out so conversions etc aren't an issue
Any thoughts or other ideas would be helpful....
-mark

Shadow-raven
13-08-2006, 14:28
Go with the orks. They're an exelent army AND they look cool if you convert them. :D

Simsandwich
13-08-2006, 14:31
Green Iz BEST!

Sikkukkut
14-08-2006, 01:33
The "beastmen as orks" idea has come up in a couple of places - I was discussing it with a couple of other guys on the "what army shall I make next" (or something like that) thread a while ago. If you start them, kick off a thread here so we can all exchange notes - I've started a couple of very basic Gor conversions but I sort of stalled.