PDA

View Full Version : Nagash rules?

TheWarSmith
13-08-2006, 01:54
Anybody able to link rules to the Clown of Death?

English 2000
13-08-2006, 03:54
There havn't been rules for Nagash since 4th ed, and I don't know where my 4th ed Undead Army book is right now so I can't give you the run down.

AFAIK there won't be rules for Nagash in 7th ed. Which has it's plusses and minuses.

In the future I would appreciate it if you spoke more respectfully about Nagash. Calling him the "Clown of Death" just isn't proper when talking about the single most powerful chracter (fluffwise) in Warhammer Fantasy history. :D

Alathir
13-08-2006, 04:39
Nagash is a massive clown of death.

Mephistofeles
13-08-2006, 09:48
Calling him the "Clown of Death" just isn't proper when talking about the single most powerful chracter (fluffwise) in Warhammer Fantasy history. :D

*Cough* Kroak *Cough*

English 2000
13-08-2006, 12:49
Forgot about that damn frog.

Anyway, back on topic, has anyone heard anything conrete confirming, or denying that there will be rules for Nagash?

If find it doubtful but I hope there are. For the simple fact it means a new model.

HeraldoftheGods
13-08-2006, 16:24
Don't know about actual rules for the chap, but the rumour roundup mentions that the summer campaign next year will be called "Rise of Nagash."

squiggoth
13-08-2006, 16:31
For the simple fact it means a new model.

When Walt Disney can create a scarier looking Undead Supervillain, you just KNOW something's wrong with Nagash. :eyebrows:

http://www.firstanimationart.com/images/DIS/DISPROD/A075-BLK_taran_hk.jpg

TheWarSmith
13-08-2006, 16:37
Is that......sword in the stone?

Well, I was never around for 4th or 5th edition, but would posting his rules on here mean anything to me who's never played anything but 6th?

ZomboCom
13-08-2006, 19:55
The current rumours are that the 2007 summer campaign will in some way be based around Nagash. This may be wishful thinking, but it would certainly be really cool.

Voltaire
13-08-2006, 20:48
2007 campaign is rumoured to be "Nagash Rising" - the actions of Setra during the Storm of Chaos has set the wheels in motion for Nagash rising from his tomb once more. This means the Badlands will be the location and Nagashizzar is going to be under siege.

Rules wise, I think it going to be very hard to balance the undead god. You may as well try and put stats on Sigmar. It just isn't going to happen IMO.

samw
13-08-2006, 20:57

Well, I was never around for 4th or 5th edition, but would posting his rules on here mean anything to me who's never played anything but 6th?

The Black Cauldron I believe.

DeathMasterSnikch
13-08-2006, 21:38
I think comparing Nagash to sigmar is a bit wrong. He was beaten by sigmar AND lost a lot of his power sinse. Still, nothings wrong with his curent model, I love it and plan on getting one ASAP. :D

Lord Zarkov
13-08-2006, 23:05
Rules wise, I think it going to be very hard to balance the undead god. You may as well try and put stats on Sigmar. It just isn't going to happen IMO.

They did make stats for Sigmar though:

10 10 10 10... etc

Ravening Wh0re
14-08-2006, 03:06
2007 campaign is rumoured to be "Nagash Rising" - the actions of Setra during the Storm of Chaos has set the wheels in motion for Nagash rising from his tomb once more. This means the Badlands will be the location and Nagashizzar is going to be under siege.

So, what did Settra do to spur on this Rise of Nagash?

Lord Zarkov
14-08-2006, 10:07
drove an army towards nagashizzar then when he got close got bored and went home

librerian_samae
14-08-2006, 12:09
He also issued a challenge to the ol' clown if I remember correctly then after a few days when nothing happened turned round and went home.

Alathir
14-08-2006, 12:18
I love that Settra guy... he must be pretty strong to issue a challenge to Nagash.

librerian_samae
14-08-2006, 12:20
Or pretty up himself, and/or full of hubris:p

StormCrow
14-08-2006, 12:43
i know i'd be backing myself if i was immortal

squiggoth
14-08-2006, 14:49

The Horned King from The Black Cauldron. :)

Here (click me!) (http://hjem.get2net.dk/gamewizard/pages/warhammer/vampirecounts/specialcharacters/nagash.htm) are some unofficial rules for Nagash, adapted for 6th edition. The original statline was quite a bit nastier (but in those days all Greater Daemons, Dragons, Dead Clown Kings and other big nasties had stats well beyond a weedy S6 and T6 ;) ).

Voltaire
14-08-2006, 15:00
Those Nagash rules actually look very well balanced. Has anyone actually playtested them?

UltimateNagash
14-08-2006, 15:48
The Black Cauldron I believe.

I could have said that if I was here.
But if you want rules, click on my link to my site below, click on New Stuff and find him there (they are completely unofficial and untested - probably unfair, but it's Nagash!).

TheWarSmith
14-08-2006, 17:14
They'd need to be balanced out a tiny bit(maybe not) for 7th to work with the fact that he's not sucking out the lower lvl necros power dice anymore.

He looks very well done and relatively balanced. I'd love to see those double 6s when he casts that huge spell.

It's nice that whoever made this understands that characters like Nagash, Archaon, Lord Kroak, etc. should take up multiple lord choices.

StormCrow
15-08-2006, 06:10
Are there any official special characters apart from settra that take up two lord choices?

UltimateNagash
15-08-2006, 17:11
IIRC, Greasus Goldtooth.

Revlid
15-08-2006, 21:43
The route GW should and likely will take will be that of the C'Tan; constructs imbued with some of Nagash's power. A big nasty that represent a god and justifies a model, but doesn't overpower the game.

DeathMasterSnikch
16-08-2006, 00:21
They'd need to be balanced out a tiny bit(maybe not) for 7th to work with the fact that he's not sucking out the lower lvl necros power dice anymore.

He looks very well done and relatively balanced. I'd love to see those double 6s when he casts that huge spell.

It's nice that whoever made this understands that characters like Nagash, Archaon, Lord Kroak, etc. should take up multiple lord choices.

Shame GW doesn't.

The route GW should and likely will take will be that of the C'Tan; constructs imbued with some of Nagash's power. A big nasty that represent a god and justifies a model, but doesn't overpower the game.

That will suck. I'm against rules for Nagash but for models ;)

UltimateNagash
17-08-2006, 10:28
So why don't they make a model like the Gotrek and Felix (and co) ones? I would love that (but them, I am sooo vain! I'm Nagash!).

English 2000
18-08-2006, 17:27
I was told some time ago by a very reliable source that there was another Nagash model made before the Clown was sculpted. It was deemed by the powers that be to be too gruesome and it didn't get past the initial sculpt, hence the redesign and the clown we all know and love to hate.

Apparently this original Nagash design is somewhere in the UK HQ.

While the idea of a model being "too gruesome" may seem silly to us, bear in mind that this was back in 4th ed when the models were a lot more cartoonish back then so it seems plausible.

But who knows for sure.

It's nice to imagine there is a proper looking Nagash model hidden out there.

Until then....
http://www.thewarstore.com/product5718.html