PDA

View Full Version : Do chaos spawn have "marks"?

Gabekun
13-08-2006, 04:46
Situation: I have a tzeentch army - the general is marked by tzeentch. I want to take chaos spawn, but I want the slaanesh variant. The problem is, do the spawn variants actually count as marked units? Army builder 3 does not report an error when I do this, so this is what made me wonder? Also, nowehere in the army book does it actually say they count as marks...

Wishful thinking, or can I actually take a slaanesh spawn in my tzeentch army?

Please note that I do NOT want a "what makes sense" ruling - I want a RAW ruling, because that is the only thing that matters to me.

Thanks in advance!

NakedFisherman
13-08-2006, 04:55
No, they don't have marks.

TheWarSmith
13-08-2006, 05:30
Fortunately and unfortunately no, they're not marks.

marks are bestowed upon followers the gods deem worthy. Spawns are in a way kind of "anti marks" thrown down as punishment for misdeeds. They usually represent HOW the model was punished(i.e. spouting mouths of flame)

There's technically no restriction on which variant you field.

Avian
13-08-2006, 08:58
Quote from the Beast book p. 51, I assume the Hordes book says the same:

All Daemons and Spawn of Chaos of one of the Greater Powers are assumed to have the Mark of their god,...

So no, you can't have a Slaanesh Spawn in a Tzeentch army.

I want a RAW ruling, because that is the only thing that matters to me.
Kids these days, eh?

NakedFisherman
13-08-2006, 18:12
Quote from the Beast book p. 51, I assume the Hordes book says the same:

Nice find. Never had the issue come up, myself.

Gabekun
13-08-2006, 18:54
Found it :) In the hordes book, it is actually under the "General" section of the book, rather than the spawn sections, or any of the sections relating to actual marks.

TheWarSmith
13-08-2006, 19:07
wow, good find avian. Sorry for the mispoken rules.

UltimateNagash
17-08-2006, 10:28
Trust GW to put rules in a hard to find place.

Rork
17-08-2006, 17:23
Pg55 of HoC and pg51 of BoC are the most important pages of those two army books, so much so I have them commited to memory for such questions...

CrimsonFOX
26-08-2006, 23:44
Keep in mind that while having the mark of their god, the spawn do not get the benefits generally associated with having the mark. This and the same quote Avian gave are in the HOC pg. 55.