PDA

View Full Version : Lizzardmen or Hordes of Chaos pleace help

karnn
13-08-2006, 13:00
Hi i'm new to Warhammer fantasy though i know the basic rules and have played orcs and empire several times. I just want to know as my main army who should i get Hordes of chaos or Lizzardmen.

I am as i said pretty knew despite having a 5 year history with 40k so i'm looking for a force small in numbers, strong both can be used attacking or defending and is good for fluff.

Also easy to paint and cheap would be good. Thanks for any help or you can give me.

Mephistofeles
13-08-2006, 14:02
If you want a small force which is good at fighting, I say Chaos is your army. They have some of the strongest infantry in the game, good magic and great knights. They usually don't have such great numbers, but make up for that by kicking ass really hard.

Neknoh
13-08-2006, 15:33
Which army is most aestethically pleasing to you? Which of the two would you enjoy spending hours on painting?

bengalsfan
13-08-2006, 16:13
I would go with chaos because they're sweet and they kick butt

gcrutch
13-08-2006, 16:46
I play Lizardmen so I am biased, but Chaos has the most value as far as troop strength per model goes (less models to paint). However, Lizardmen have skink skirmishers and other harassment troops that are fast - so you might want to ask yourself what style of play you prefer. You may want to read the army descriptions in the Warhammer section on the GW website to get a feel for how Chaos and Lizardmen armies play.

Latro
13-08-2006, 17:48
They are both good armies that can be very competitive, but if you're looking for ...

- strong combat power
- low model count
- easy to paint
- lots of fluff

... then Chaos would be a good choice. With the added benefit that it will be easy to build a smaller force from your small original army into several different directions (Marauders hordes, Beasts of Chaos, more Daemons ... themed to a specific God).

:cool:

TheWarSmith
13-08-2006, 19:49
yeah, chaos can be very easy to paint, with large plates of armor and bit cloaks. Go w/ chaos.

bob syko
13-08-2006, 20:23
Chaos, so cool, big range of models and loads of options for converting.

maze ironheart
13-08-2006, 20:44
Personily i would advice on taking lizardmen as they make quite a good army and are quite cheap if you buy the battallion. As for chaos they are a good army too they don't have a battalion which i find strange because they should have one because a lot of people play as them.

TheWarSmith
13-08-2006, 21:19
Batallion boxes are only made for armies that have 3-4 regiments in plastic. Hordes of chaos, only having marauders and chaos warriors, only have 2, so no batallion. I DO think they could give you a box of beastmen too and make that the batallion.

karnn
13-08-2006, 23:34
Lizardman interest me with the idea, and i like there models. Chaos i also like the models for and yes fluff might be more easier.
I'm leaning towards chaos but Lizardmen would be cheaper and easier to paint. And i have one issue with chaos, no shooting what so ever!

ekxw
13-08-2006, 23:50
uhmm chaso have great potential and also if you want to paint they have a lot of troops, i have 5000 points of different troops, so they give yo a lot of options

karnn
14-08-2006, 04:58
is the shooting an issue at all?

Highborn
14-08-2006, 07:10
Not in the slightest. Chaos are for the most part quite resistant to shooting, and they can get into combat reasonably intact.

Shooting plays a much, much smaller part in fantasy than it does in 40k.

Neknoh
14-08-2006, 07:23
If you badly want shooting, go for a Mortal Tzeentch army, you'll throw arround Magic Missiles like there's no tomorrow, your Daemons will also do that and throw arround fire, not to mention the Hellcannon

karnn
14-08-2006, 10:06
i was thinking a slaanesh army what is good about them?

maze ironheart
14-08-2006, 11:47
Chaos is one of the army's that could stand up to shooting army's like dark elve's or army's that use bow's. Black powder weapons are a different subject because they tear armour to shreds due to the fact that it's alway's gonna be minus 2 at most. But chaos is one of those army's that can take on shooting and if it's a problem take some chaos furrie's they make good shooting killers that at lest what ive seen.

Neknoh
14-08-2006, 20:25
Well, Slaanesh plays a lot more reliable than most chaos armies, you will simply be able to march through the hail of bullets without having your Warriors even flinch on the thought of advancing.

Slaaneshi daemons are about as fragile as glass if used wrong, however, when used properly, their speed and volume of strength four attacks greatly makes up for it.

Slaanesh is about controlling your and your opponents movementphase, something which can be done both with and without the Hellcannon

karnn
15-08-2006, 07:33
So chaos seems to be the main army people are telling me to get and i do like them but it's there special and Rare choices that are making me think otherwise. My force will only be 1000 points to start of with so no demons or Hell cannon and spawns are not great.

Also i'm making another post on the chaos army i am %95 going to get with % 5 still Lizardman. But if you could post in that with ideas pleace do.

Neknoh
15-08-2006, 07:43
Spawns are GREAT, at least every version except for Nurgle :p

Daemons can be included in 1k, all depending on what god you follow, Nurglings are excelentinfantry supporters whilst you might want to save those Bloodletters for larger games.

karnn
15-08-2006, 08:00
Also they cost a fair amount but i only need 10, thanks for everyones help so far.
Also is there any beastman units worth taking in my army

Neknoh
15-08-2006, 08:25
Only need ten? Three Nurglings/Five Screamers/Seven Furies, you basically need only one of those options.

And Beastherds are invaluable additions to mortal Chaos armies