PDA

View Full Version : Empire army help!

bengalsfan
13-08-2006, 16:35
I'm just starting to get into warhammer and i have decided to go with a empire army (Talabheim) i was just wandering if i choose to put the skull with the crown on my shields for my swordsmen do i have to paint the shield a certain way or can i choose my own colors for their shields

gcrutch
13-08-2006, 16:40
You may always choose your own colors but if you wish to keep with the GW story line for Talebheim troops then you should go with a red and white based color scheme. I use red, white, and black for most of my troops and banners with the occasional yellow-gold thrown in...

The bottom line is: Pick whatever color you want for your army :)

bengalsfan
13-08-2006, 16:49
Thanks but i knew what colors i was going to paint the guys i meant the shields

Mephistofeles
13-08-2006, 16:51
You can choose exactly what colours you want for the shields too. It's your game.

TheWarSmith
13-08-2006, 17:11
I almost thought you spelled "Talibheim", which would be an odd arab/german mixture to mean "student home"

If you're going with a fluff based theme of GW's creation, you may want to at least stick to their original colours, just paint them in different designs. If you stray too far from it, then they'd kind of not that specific army anymore.

I suggest not tying yourself down to premade fluff though.

bengalsfan
13-08-2006, 17:22
what do you mean fluff stuff

bengalsfan
13-08-2006, 17:26
I was thinking of making the shield a scab red and the skull could be like a codex grey

Keller
14-08-2006, 05:19
what do you mean fluff stuff
Fluff is the background of an army; the story behind the faction, its colors, its heros, etc.

Feel free to come up with your own schemes and not be limited to the examples listed in the book. Those are fine if you want a themed-state army, though there is nothing wrong with coming up with your own. I did my Empire army painted in green and purple, though in hindsight I would have choosen better contrasting colors.