PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Chapter info!!

bengalsfan
13-08-2006, 17:01
For a space marine chapter i was going to start a blood angels chapter but then i thought about making up my own chapter which one do you think is better

Chem-Dog
13-08-2006, 17:11
Make up yor own chapter, you will have to wait a while for the Blood Angels to be updated (Personally, I wouldn't touch the current ammended/FAQ'd list with a stolen dead one) you can easily build a Marine army up over this time, fiddle around with it and whatnot, then you won't be kicking yourself when the sexy new Blood Angels stuff is released and you want to replace half of your army with it.

Grotsnik
13-08-2006, 17:18
There is nothing wrong with the current (revised) BA list. Can build a very effective army with it.
Building your own chapter using the trait system gives you a chance to build an army with the exact traits that fit your playing style.

As the new BA codex won't be released for quite awhile there is no sense waiting for it if you want to start a BA army.

'Fex
14-08-2006, 00:40
I'd go with making my own SM chapter. I really like the options that are given for traits, and you can make your own paint scheme, which I think rocks...

schoon
14-08-2006, 01:41
I'll also lend my voice to the "Go for it; make your own chapter" crowd.

It allows an enormous amount of creativity and flexibility, both in matching traits to your playing style, and also in matching the chapter to your painting/modeling style.

If you include interesting things in your fluff, it means you also get to create interesting things on your miniatures :D The result tends to look much cooler when you're finished!

BrainFireBob
14-08-2006, 09:17
Make whatever makes you happy and will make you feel you're getting what you want out of the hobby.

Modelling-wise, painting a good-looking and non-cartoony red army can be hard. However, when you get it, it'll be more rewarding.

You could also try proxying both rules sets before committing to paint to see what suits your playstyle best.