PDA

View Full Version : WE steeds for mounted yeomen

TheWarSmith
13-08-2006, 20:37
Well, the new WE horses look AWESOME and I was wondering if they'd work for mounted yeomen. First off, I'm converting my yeomen(kislev horse archer legs, M@A upper body) and wondering if it'd look good or do the horses look "oddly elven" even if a human is on them?

Highborn
13-08-2006, 22:29
Probably a little elven with the style of barding on them, imo.

Mephistofeles
13-08-2006, 22:36
Maybe wait for the Empire Horses and see how they look?

Metafizikal
14-08-2006, 04:16
I suggested this solution to my friend just the other week, im pretty sure the bret horses are cross bred with elven steeds, so it cant be that off

TheWarSmith
14-08-2006, 05:35
I was thinking that with the close proximity of Bretonnia to Athel Loren that trading horses may not have been completely out of the question

Highborn
14-08-2006, 06:02
The WE book states that the elves guard their horses jealously, and won't let any of the other races have them.

... It also moved the position of the Meadow Glades.
... The 5th ed version of the Bretonnian book also mentioned that the Bretonnian warhorse was a cross between human and elven stock.

*shrugs* I can't keep up.

Alathir
14-08-2006, 08:12
Yeah they are great models... and they dont look too elven... if you like it, go for it... I know someone who uses those storm of chaos chaos warriors as tomb guard in his tomb king army so just use what you like.

TheWarSmith
14-08-2006, 18:28
It becomes an issue only because I'm scratch building my mounted yeomen since I really don't like the box models. So, since I need to bitz order 5 horses, I can choose the ones I want.

On that note, anybody got 5 WE horsies?

I also think that GW would benefit from making small boxes of horses. $10 for 3 horses.

EvC
14-08-2006, 21:22
I used 6 from a box of Glade Riders for High Elf light cavalry (Reavers) and two to make my chariot a bit more unique, they look good outside of Wood Elf units, although you have to be able to ignore all the leaf-type things happily...

TheWarSmith
14-08-2006, 21:43
Wish they hadn't molded the daemonette legs onto the mounted daemonette steed or I'd use those.

Highborn
14-08-2006, 22:59
That's a good idea for reavers ... the leaf things would look fine if they were painted as a metal or something I guess.

EvC
14-08-2006, 23:34
Wish they hadn't molded the daemonette legs onto the mounted daemonette steed or I'd use those.

Not sure they'd really look at home in a Bretonnian army would they?!

TheWarSmith
15-08-2006, 00:09
It's a Slaaneshi corrupted Bretonnian force.

Sir_Glonojad
16-08-2006, 11:03
In that case, everything goes! :cool:

Seriously, though - in an army made with 6th edition models, they could work, though I'd try to do something to those half-masks, and add some saddles and leather straps - I do not think Yeomen are skilled enough to ride horses with bare backs ;)

On the other hand, rumours are of a new Imperial plastic pistolers/outriders box; they may come with new plastic unbarded horses, ending the rule of The Medieval Horse ;)