PDA

View Full Version : im looking at doing Elysians(shall i?)

dark angel
14-08-2006, 14:54
hi
(shall i do them)
yesterday i painted up my bros wood elf lord and im very pleased with it now i really enjoy painting high detail models so im thinking of doing an Elysian force.i have a list i made through army builder at 1.5k.now im looking for advice on doing them as my list came to 600 (omg!!).and im still in school so my buget is 20 a week so im not shure.but my painting skills are above gaming standars(everybody at my local club is amazed as i havent been painting long)so thats what im thinking of doing all advice would be apriciated

all pics of yours would be nice

PS thanks in advance

dave is the best
14-08-2006, 14:58
i think you sould if you have the money
dave

Griffin
14-08-2006, 15:03
If you have the cash go for it.

cybertron2000uk
14-08-2006, 15:48
when GW releases them in plastic... then get em...

Kriegsherr
14-08-2006, 15:51
If you are just looking for highly detailed IG-Soldiers, take a look at the Metal range (Vostroyans, Steel Legion and more)... They feature almost as much detail as the FW elysians and are still cheaper (even though they are metal).

I would recommend Elysians only if you have a) a lot (and I mean: A LOT!) cash to get rid of and b) the skills needed to fix miscasted resin. Some of my elysians were unusable (and therefore it maybe gets even more expensive), some required heavy and most light greenstuffing.

They look really great (apart of beeing a little bit out of scale because they are more along 25mm size.... finally Marines are bigger than IG soldiers ;)), but the work and money that has to be put into an Elysian Force is really OTT

Chaos and Evil
14-08-2006, 16:10
20 pounds a week sounds quite adequate for Elysian-building.

ArtificerArmour
14-08-2006, 16:14
I couldn't care less. You also have plenty i feel if you sig is accurate, which I doubt.

t-tauri
14-08-2006, 17:42
I would recommend Elysians only if you have a) a lot (and I mean: A LOT!) cash to get rid of and b) the skills needed to fix miscasted resin. Some of my elysians were unusable (and therefore it maybe gets even more expensive), some required heavy and most light greenstuffing.
I did mine a few squads at a time so even at £20 a week you can build them up quite fast. I had one miscast set of meltagunners from Games Day last year and I complained about them and had them replaced. Kriegsherr, they're expensive enough as it is without having to discard them. Really, if it's miscast complain.

I couldn't care less. You also have plenty i feel if you sig is accurate, which I doubt.Very constructive. :rolleyes:

noneedforaname
14-08-2006, 18:17
Articifer armour i painted and assembled near enough four thousand points of tomb kings not including magic items, from what is in his sig that is easily achievable.

On a more helpful note, remember to take into consideration when choosing to do a resin army you must where a dust mask and make sure you hoover thoroughly as the dust is toxic, it gave a key timer i know sores in his mouth from assembling one model let alone an army.

Estragor
14-08-2006, 20:17
OGRES-3000 points TYRANIDS-1500 points
DIY chapter-2500 points DEATH GUARD-4000 points
IMPERIAL GUARD-2500 points(3 demolishers lol)
TIME PLAYING AND COLLECTING-1.5 years

If you really have that many armies done to that many points in less than 2 years, you must have far too much money to burn.

My advice- stick with what you have got as I have heard resin models like the Elysians can be a pain to build and paint well. Also, if your sig is accurate you already have enough warhammer stuff to keep you busy for years.

yohanes13
16-08-2006, 11:14
to be honest although there eutifull there really not worth the money consider using cadians and buying the elysian respirator heads and backbacks a much cheaper compromse.