PDA

View Full Version : 1500 pts. - Slaanesh

Shaitan
14-08-2006, 15:17
Here is a Slaanesh list I have made. I am still experimenting with the different chaos gods. I like the Slaanesh theme very much so I thought, let's give it a try.

It is supposed to be a decent list against different enemies.

Here we go!

========================
HEROES: (524)
========================
Exalted Champion of Slaanesh * (169)
- great weapon
- enchanted shield
- blade of blood
- rides in chariot

Sorcerer of Slaanesh (165)
- lvl 2
- dispell scroll
- rides in chariot

Sorcerer of Slaanesh (190)
- lvl 2
- power familiar

========================
CORE: (402)
========================
Chariot of Slaanesh (130)

5 Marauder Horsemen (71)
- musician

5 Marauder Horsemen (71)
- musician

========================
SPECIAL: (570)
========================
5 Mounted Daemonettes (150)

14 Daemonettes (210)

14 Daemonettes (210)

========================
Models: 48
Power Dice: 7
Dispell Dice: 5 (1)
========================

The chariots and Daemonettes (deployed 5 wide) form the core of this army. With my movement 5 infantry I am expecting to get combined charges (with the chariots) most of the times. The Marauder Horsemen will be occupying my flanks, doing what fast cav is supposed to do.

I would like to hear your opinions about this list. Any suggestions are welcome!

Voltaire
14-08-2006, 16:21
Greetings!

If you want your E.champ to stay in the Chariot, consider giving him the Beserker Sword. When combined with the impact hits of the Chariot, you are going to have a unit that can autobreak most units in the first round of combat provided you get the first hit.

A Sorceror in a Chariot is not going to do well because he does not has 360 degree line of sight. This will make him suffer when he attempts to use the marvellous Blissful Throes spell, should you choose to take it. It would be better to mount him on a Steed to accompany your Fast Cavalry and to make full use of the rules for mages needing to be in units that I keep hearing about.

You might be better boosting your daemonettes up by another one in each unit. This means that in the new edition you will be able to utilise the "5 wide" rules and get maximum combat resolution from ranks.

Marauder Horsemen are ok, nice cheap units, and they have optimum support from the Daemonettes - good!

My only other problem is that you seem to be wanting to do two things at once. A core of infantry should really be Chaos Warriors & Marauders. That being said, I can see why a highly mobile Slaanesh army would appeal to you. If I was you, I would consider trading your Daemonettes for some Knights. Their hitting power will be much better and the units will do better generally.
Anyway, thats just an opinion, its a good list and I wish you the best of luck!

Shaitan
14-08-2006, 17:41
I don't have much time now but I've allready seen that some of your suggestions sound good. The Berserker sword is indeed a nice weapon. I don't know about trading my Daemonettes for Knights... when I do that I will have very few models. (14 Daemonettes cost about the same as 6 Knights with standard)

I would like to have 15 Daemonettes but I don't have the points for that... so that's why there are 14 ;)

I will have a look at the list when I have more time...

Voltaire
14-08-2006, 18:12
Perhaps a unit of 15 with a flanking 'detatchment' would be better. Maybe even get some Warhounds.

Shaitan
15-08-2006, 11:09
==================================
HEROES: (545)
Exalted Champion of Slaanesh * (174)
- great weapon
- Enchanted Shield
- Berserker Sword
- rides in chariot

Sorcerer of Slaanesh (181)
- lvl 2
- barded chaos steed
- Dispell Scroll

Sorcerer of Slaanesh (190)
- lvl 2
- Power Familiar

CORE: (438)

5 Marauder Horsemen (71)
- musician

5 Marauder Horsemen (71)
- musician

6 Warhounds (36)

SPECIAL: (510)
5 Mounted Daemonettes (150)

12 Daemonettes (180)

12 Daemonettes (180)

Total: 1497 points
Models: 50
Power Dice: 7
Dispell Dice: 5 (1)

How about this list?

I've reduced the number of Daemonettes to 12, that gives me enough room for a unit of 6Warhounds. They can be used as flanking detachment or for baiting.

With the extra spare points I have given my general the Berserker Sword and I have mounted my Sorc on a chaos steed instead of a chariot.

What do you guys think of this list?