PDA

View Full Version : Dark Angerls successors

Izin
14-08-2006, 23:08
Does it exist any fluff beond the the secound founding DA chapters, im building up an spacemarinearmy and need a coloursheme, chapter name and some fluff. Can anyone of you help me out?

I'm thinking of somthing like this:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/Izin_91/SpaceMarine.jpg

How about the Angels of Fire, are thos a BA successor?

http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/popup.htm?/spacemarines/chapter-gallery/images/7b.jpg

Please help me out and come with ideas:rolleyes:

cheers

//Axel

EarthScorpion
15-08-2006, 13:53
I would say probably Salamanders or Ultramarines; the characteristic way of identifying a DA chapter is if it features the word Angels, and some sort of emotion or religious concept. The Angels of Penitance might be an appropriate name that I just made up on the spot.

ArtificerArmour
15-08-2006, 14:20
The relictors are alledgedly DA successors. But only the second founding chapters are counted as the unforgiven. I don't think any further foundings would be told of their secret, unless they themselves were directly split from second founding chapters - ie, not started entirely new, but carried troops and commanders who had already served in those chapters who knew of the fallen.

Daemonslave
15-08-2006, 14:22
Here's a pretty good list of chapter symbols and who they are descended from (if known) :

http://www.ironhands.com/chapters.htm (scroll down past the original legions)

Romanus
15-08-2006, 14:28
"The (insert name) where created shortly after the second founding in secret by lion'el johnson to eternly hunt for the unforgiven. they, today maintain close relations with that of the second founding but are more closely tide with the Dark Angels themselves. Little is known of this chapter except they are presumably based around the eye of terror, and other more outrageous claims have them based within the asteroid field of old caliban itself. Structure follows closely that of the Darkangels with the exception that they allso maintain a small garrison in the old imperial system of cadia so as to be able to reacte to any hints or rumours about the fallen much like the honour guard of the Ultramarines."

Cheers Romanus

ArtificerArmour
15-08-2006, 14:32
Love the way you forgot that Lion El dissapeared before the second founding.

Aloysius
16-08-2006, 12:00
The Lion's gone. Taken by the Watchers after his battle with Luther. (Source: Eye of Terror, Black Library)

You could always say it was his second in command. Or one of the Chaplains. Maybe Loyaloist Fallen? A high-ranking member of the Death Company with some of his close associates forming a new "legion" to assist the Dark Angels but otherwise just go around spying?

Man, I love the fluff. ;)

EarthScorpion
16-08-2006, 13:01
Death Company? Wrong Angels, I think. You are probably refering to the Deathwing.

Sai-Lauren
16-08-2006, 13:21
Could be a direct successor of the Dark Angels, just not part of the second founding.

I mean, it's not like they have one set of successors and that's it - only if the geneseed was believed to be tainted outside of the chapter, but ok within it (e.g. Space Wolves) would they be left alone.

The anti-luck chapter of the cursed founding (Lamenters?) is supposed to use altered BA geneseed IIRC, so they don't have the Red Thirst/Black Rage, but suffer in other ways.

Say they're a ninth founding chapter, directly descended from the Dark Angels, and their founding chapter master was a Deathwing veteran sergeant who was given command of the newly formed chapter for single-handedly locating and capturing two of the fallen during some campaign (hence they're also one of the Unforgiven), and so on.

Or something similar.:D

ArtificerArmour
16-08-2006, 14:11
Veteran sargeants arn't part of the inner circle. ;)

Sai-Lauren
16-08-2006, 14:58

I thought the moment you were promoted to the Deathwing you got taken to one side and had a few more secrets of the universe explained to you.

But you know what I meant anyway.:p

ArtificerArmour
16-08-2006, 15:10
Yup, and veteran sargeants arn't part of the deathwing :)

Sai-Lauren
16-08-2006, 15:28
Yup, and veteran sargeants arn't part of the deathwing :)

So what do you call a Deathwing sergeant who's survived many, many missions? Possibly a veteran (or Sir :p )?

Egfy
16-08-2006, 16:16

True, but Sai-Lauren did state it was a Deathwing veteran sergent not a normal vet. sarg.

scwolf
16-08-2006, 20:04
Interesting question though. By the rules, you get to be a Vet. Sgt. by purchasing Terminator Honors. The fluff says Terminator Honors are only given to marines who have earned the right to wear Terminator Armor. So, can a Dark Angel have the right to wear Terminator Armor without being part of the Deathwing?

Grand Master Belial
16-08-2006, 21:11
No, All DA with Terminator Honors are Deathwing, that's why they have access to Stubborn. The Fluff gets quirky but it basically boils down to that a member of the Deathwing (the secret organization not the 1st Company) can don Power Armour to lead members of another company on missions. This is partly based on the premise that all Company Captains, Chaplains and Librarians are all members of the Deathwing. So an assumed extension would be that there are others outside of the 1st Company that are also inducted into the Deathwing. Even the Special Character Vet Sgt Naaman was a member of the Deathwing and he was in Scout Armour!

There is a difference but it is subtle. Just the way we DA like it.

Back on topic, Anything outside the first two foundings is okay for some to use DA geneseed though it is not normally used because of their secretive nature. You might need a fluff explanation as to why it is used. Naming convention as listed above is the common path but it is not mandatory. As is the use of the DA Codex. They can be of DA geneseed and still use the SW Traits Codex should they want to. You have a good first step in making the Chapter know of the Fallen though they will not be called Unforgiven as it does violate GW established fluff. Not that other DA players will hold it against you, but expect the remark.

Son of the Lion
16-08-2006, 23:27
What was to be the 4th incarnation of my DA army will now be a post 2nd founding successor chapter, to avoid all this inner circle rubbish. I'd also like to field Deathwing type Marines in power armour like you USED to be able to, back in the good old days.

#grumble grumble, damn GW#

Make up a good reason why your successor chapter might have stumbled on to the 'terrible truth' (and another for why the Unforgiven didn't wipe them from the face of the imperium when/if they realised) and you're away.