PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please!!!!

Vet.Eter
14-08-2006, 23:18
In about two days I'm going to face a Chaos army from a very good player and I don't know what to take...I have Dwarfs and Dark Elves but I don't know wich take. It's going to be a 2000 pts battle and the only thing I know is that e plays with a lot of magic.
Help is needed and appreciated too :)
Cheers!

DeathMasterSnikch
15-08-2006, 00:04
Well dwarves are pretty resistant to magic but the best bet is to take the army you play best with. Most of a game is determined by how well the player uses his army, not what the list consists of (although it helps :p).

TheWarSmith
15-08-2006, 00:23
Assuming you play equally with both(if you do), I'd go with dwarves. The magic resistance combined with the ability to sit back and shoot really mess chaos up.

Careful of screamers and furies. Take them out ASAP. If he's playing nurgle or tzeentch, takea flame cannon and force panic checks. Tzeentch and nurgle are known for running like little girls.

I'd take bolt throwers over cannons personally as you can get more of them and they're not as much of a guessing/random game. Organ guns will wreck knight/warrior units that get to your ranks, and your clansmen can take care of the crappy marauders.

druchii
15-08-2006, 00:59
Personally, I abhor people who tailor armies to fit their opponents.

Take whichever army you're most comfortable playing with. I'd personally go with my favorite army over any "concocted" army anyday. If you "force" the list (that is grab stuff you're not used to playing with, just to try and snake a victory) you'll either make a few difficult mistakes, or guess incorrectly.

Personally, beating your opponent with "your" army is something I take in very high regard. Wouldn't you feel better about yourself, your army and your generalship if you beat him with your normal army?

I would
d

Highborn
15-08-2006, 02:22
Tzeentch and nurgle are known for running like little girls.

As opposed to an army made up of little girls? ;)

I agree that dwarves would be the best choice against magic heavy chaos, and war machines will help you punch through their armour. But is there any reason that you're taking such a competitive approach?

Vet.Eter
15-08-2006, 07:36
As opposed to an army made up of little girls? ;)

I agree that dwarves would be the best choice against magic heavy chaos, and war machines will help you punch through their armour. But is there any reason that you're taking such a competitive approach?

Not really,I just wanted to know what the best army to play against him :p But I know what am I taking, I'm going with my Dark Elves, I chose them because I need to practice more with them since I have them not for a long time and played few games.
druchii, I don't built my armys to face them, I just wanted to know what you guys think. Actually I do experiences with my lists, I don't build it to face the army but I try to build one that can face several tipes os enemies and armys, It's more fun, that's what this game is all about :D