PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Lord

Gearux
15-08-2006, 01:25
So with this talk of the new plastic character box sets, I started to wonder: will the Dwarf lord Set come with shield bearers and/or an oath stone? I doubt anyone will have any solid info on it but i'd still like to hear some people's opinion.

P.S. moderators if this thread needs to be moved sorry, it just didn't seem fit in the rumor section.

TheWarSmith
15-08-2006, 01:30
I wasn't aware there was talk of a dwarf lord plastic box, but if there is, I'd imagine it'd come with the parts currently not easily available.

Although, it might not come with the shield bearers as they may want you to use the metal ones from the king's set.

NakedFisherman
15-08-2006, 01:36
I wasn't aware there was talk of a dwarf lord plastic box, but if there is, I'd imagine it'd come with the parts currently not easily available.

Although, it might not come with the shield bearers as they may want you to use the metal ones from the king's set.

I'd consider one coming out within the next six months very probable. Currently, Dwarf Lords are not on the trade sales order form for whatever reason.

Crassus
15-08-2006, 10:13
There hasn't been any talk on plastic charecters, well at not the GW site. i don't think there should be plastic charecters because they won't have enough detail on them to look cool, that's why they are metal in the first place

Sandlemad
15-08-2006, 11:15
I believe the rumour of a plastic dwarf lord was the first rumour of a plastic character for WH. Just never showed up with the other dwaves, I guess.

EvC
15-08-2006, 12:42
It'd sure be nice if it came with the options for shieldbearers, and if the gamer chooses not to make them bearers then they could be used as ordinary warriors... but I can't see GW giving away two "free" warriors with a £10+ plastic character set, somehow...

Stouty
15-08-2006, 14:07
It'd be 3 figures on foot instead of; 1 on foot, 1 mounted and 1 mount.

And you'd only get the 1 lord.

Still, I'd buy it.

TheWarSmith
15-08-2006, 14:14
I highly doubt they'll release a plastic "make it yourself" dwarf kit, especially with the plethora of dwarf lords available that they just released in metal.

yohanes13
16-08-2006, 11:49
definatly why bother theres tons of gorgeus ones now and none would buy them if the plastic one cam out so gw would lose money and have wasted several moulds.

Erestor
17-08-2006, 01:49
In the current WD, they preview the new Orc plastic set, from the words that they use, I get the impression this may be the first in a series. In that set, you get a boar, and the parts to make a BSB. Having a Dwarf lord with shieldbearers and oath stone seems logical as those are the only real options.

Since we haven't had any new orc lords since SOC, and they just released a bunch of new dwarfs, perhaps the dwarf set is further down the track, and ranges like Empire, skaven and chaso may be sooner? I'm just speculating.

TheWarSmith
17-08-2006, 02:11
I agree that the plastic commander set will be an upcoming trend most likely, but I doubt dwarves will see one anytime soon due to the release of many new metal dwarf characters.

Some chaos ones would be SWEET.

snurl
17-08-2006, 09:24
Yes, I think that the release of any new Plastic Dwarf characters won't happen until about half-past seventh edition.

If the models are made already, and I suspect that they may well be, They may not be released for quite awhile. This sort of reminds me of the last dwarf plastics regiment and the stone thrower, which were available from GW France for quite some time but were not released in the US until after the start of 6th edition.

Time will tell.