PDA

View Full Version : 7 Nurglings bases - field as 1 or 2 units?

krashovrload
15-08-2006, 09:18
++

I have just been gifted with 7 Nurgling bases and wondered what's the best way to field them - as a single unit or 2 smaller units..?

My other troop choices are:

7x Plague Marines - AC: Plaguesword, 2x Plasma guns
7x Plague Marines - AC: Powerfist, 2x Meltaguns
7x Plague Marines - AC: Powerfist, 2x Plasma guns
7x Plaguebearers

++

Shockwave^
15-08-2006, 09:19
Do you want fluff, or do you want 'T3h winz0rs!'?

If you want to win, I'd consider splitting them. But if not, field them as 7, and then if you can find 2 more units somewhere in 7 (Heavy Support, Chosen) you'll have an army of 7 squads of 7, which means you'll at least be cool. :)

Malphax
15-08-2006, 09:22
Apart from the standard "You'd field a non-favoured unit! Blasphemy!" you're probably going to hear, it doesn't really matter. They aren't scoring units to begin with, and if you use them together you can force overkill on one squad and save yourself some wounds. But personally I don't really see 3 nurglings working independently very well. If you're going to split them, use them in conjunction with one another.

Edit: @ Shockwave: Do you really think splitting a group of nurglings is going to make a game-breaking difference? I mean, they're NURGLINGS... Not that nurglings aren't awesome, but their primary purpose is to tie down units in combat, and two tiny squads won't do that for long.

krashovrload
15-08-2006, 09:44
++

Thanks - I'll keep them as one unit...

Not sure if I posted this in the right section now I come to think of it - better suited to tactics..??

That's what comes from accessing Warseer from work I guess :angel:

++

Shockwave^
18-08-2006, 18:00
Edit: @ Shockwave: Do you really think splitting a group of nurglings is going to make a game-breaking difference? I mean, they're NURGLINGS... Not that nurglings aren't awesome, but their primary purpose is to tie down units in combat, and two tiny squads won't do that for long.

*Shrug*

Speedbumps. You get to (if you pick things with limited CC ability) tie up two units, rather than one. :) Fearless units are always best as small as possible for this very reason. Nothing to stop them moving together.