PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Farseer

Griffin
15-08-2006, 14:00
Hi guys - Now i'm thinking of starting Alaitoc end of the month, and for my farseer i'm thinking of converting a ranger.

How do you guys think it will look with the rangers billowing robes and the weapons of a farseer, and maby the farseer head.

I want to represent the fact that this was a former ranger who has returned to his craftworld to follow the path of the Seer, yet still retains his skills learnt while being a outcast.

What do you guys think.

sneb
15-08-2006, 14:11
I do have two ranger farseers I converted for one of my armies, one I took the old support platform gaurdian that looks like its pointing off in the distance and crafted a ranger cloak hood on him and crafted some rune armor on him to make him more farseer-ish if my digital camerea was working id show you a picture

TwilightOdyssey
15-08-2006, 15:27
I think that would look cool!!

sulla
15-08-2006, 19:16
It's a cool idea although it would be even more quirky and original in a non alaitoc army. I imagine there would be a few similar conversions for other alaitoc armies out there.

Rip
15-08-2006, 22:45
It's an awesome idea. Go for it.

biggreengribbly
15-08-2006, 23:39
Even waay back when Alaitoc was my like second army. I kid you not, before I even bought the rulebook.

What can I say, I started dumb.
Anyway, I had this awesome Idea, Alaitoc farseers should have camo cloaks. So off I went young, happy and dumb and rustled around the shelves. Eldrad Ulthran. Nifty cloak. One quick question to the staff. Yes I was dumb enough to ask could I use him as a regular farseer rather than the special named version. One quick lick of camo pattern and pow. I was happier than a pig in mud. So go for it. I sill have that model, chipped and well loved. Maybe I'll gp back to that army, what with the new eldar dex and nifty new ranger figs!

bobert the great clen one
16-08-2006, 03:19
cool im thinking of revisting my eldar and making them alaitoc but im going to wait for the codex

Kmaz
16-08-2006, 05:21
Hmmm, not a day after I was thinking of doing this myself, an idea for a ranger farseer pops up. The reason I had against it is that I'd imagine being a farseer would take alot of dedication, time, and respect. Would leading the path of the outcast, only to come back and lead an army make sense in from a backgound point of view? Apart from that, I love the idea of a Ranger Farseer.

How about a ranger army for him to lead? Maybe outcasts from a few craftworlds decided to continue on the eldar path, but not with their craftworld. They joined together and made a small, less strict society on some backworld planet.Could it happen?

bobert the great clen one
16-08-2006, 05:29
maybe he was a dishonoured hero from the fall now hes ready to wrong hes eights and lead his force just a idea

Griffin
16-08-2006, 06:30
Hmm I like that last one - doesn't it state in the fluff that even though they are Outcast (by choice) that they still remain loyal and that often they return to take up more "traditional" positions in the craftworld.

yohanes13
16-08-2006, 11:25
i always fancied an all ranger army but who to lead it was always a problem a farseer just didnt seem right, although the arguments here are compelling i think id rather use an autarch