PDA

View Full Version : Scavvie Help?

warpscum
15-08-2006, 15:14
I've put togeather this list. Would love some comments on it.
I'm still quite new to Necromunda so I haven't really tried out or understood everything yet, just so you know .
Is seems quite hard to survive as Scavvies.
Take Foraging, you'll earn around 2 Credits per model. That's exactly enough to feed the gang (most times!), and you woun't get any income because your territory it just filth.
Sometimes you'll get a money boost when you take over someones territory. Is that enough to survive a Campaign?
'Cause you'll be taking casulties as all other gangs, so you'll need to get more members. And sometimes the members leave the gang, because you weren't giving out enough "gifts" under your drunken speech.
So, how do you survive?
---
Scavvies - 457 + 520: 977 Credits (+23 In The Stash)
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
Boss
Cost: 157 Credits
Equipment: (Club), Sword (15), Autopistol(12)

Scaly #1
Cost: 150 Credits
Equipment: 2 Swords (30)

Scaly #2
Cost: 150 Credits
Equipment: 2 Swords (30)

6 Scavvies #1
Cost: 36 x 6: 216 Credits
Equipment: (Club), Blunderbuss(7), Pocker Full Of Nails (4)

6 Scavvie #2
Cost: 37 x 6: 222 Credits
Equipment: (Club), Autopistol(12)

2 Scavvie #3
Cost: 41x 2: 82 Credits
Equipment: (Club), Autogun (16)

As the Scavvies has the best CC warriors in the game (almost)... Scalies, I took two of the with 2 Swords to help their fighting. 2 "parries", 2 Attacks, WS4, thought as rock and Fear. That should do the trick, or? If they both advance behind the Zombie Meatshield, I hope to get them into CC unharmed. I didn't take ant "Speargun" because I don't think they seems to be worth their Credits. One str6 Shot which hits on 4+ and you must give upp the entire(almost) next turn to reload it. Well, it can hit several models if you're really lucky. But the opponent woun't exactly line up his models and say "Here, take a shot, please".

Around half of the gang will shoot the enemies with their blunderbusses, and keep them away from the scalies. As they are really short range weapons, they'll have to hide untill they're within range(short range).

The other half will help the Scalies to kill the enemies in CC, and probably kill someone with their Autopistols as well. I know the Stubgun is cheaper, but you can't hit anything with it (especially not when a Scavvie fires it!), so I chose the Autopistol over the stubgun.
The same is for the Autogun. It's hard to hit with, so I took alot of Blunderbusses instead. The only reason why I got 2 Autoguns in the gang, is variation.

warpscum
16-08-2006, 21:52
No-one?
For the income concerns, I know now.
But some comment on the list?

warpscum
17-08-2006, 14:20
Does Plague Zombie have to move the WHOLE 2D6 or can I move them as much as I want to, up to 2D6?

Tomothy
18-08-2006, 03:18
Here we go, from page 5 of the PDF, hope this helps you out:

Each Plague Zombie is rolled for individually and the controlling player may move them as he wishes up to the distance rolled on the dice.

warpscum
18-08-2006, 10:09
Here we go, from page 5 of the PDF, hope this helps you out:

Thanks! Must have missed that part:(

Warden
18-08-2006, 13:21
Ive not played Necromunda in Yonks, but im pretty sure for a starting gang yours is quite big, may want to tone it down a bit?

warpscum
18-08-2006, 15:23
Ive not played Necromunda in Yonks, but im pretty sure for a starting gang yours is quite big, may want to tone it down a bit?

Well, maybe. Because of the "Disloyal Rule" I'll maybe remove som guys and save the spare Creds to buy new Members later. Well, I'll have to see;)

3 0f 6
19-08-2006, 16:11
i have a scavvie gang in a campaign, i was lucky to have rolled that bit of terrain that allows you risk losing a gang member by eating the fungi in that area, therefore saving you upkeep :P
spore caves it might have been, cant remember been a while

Rabid Bunny 666
19-08-2006, 18:56
I worked one out today. I'd give one Scaly a Harpoon gun thingy, as it could be useful for clearing walkways. Because most of the lads are prone to buggering off, i'd keep about 70 Creds spare to buy other members.

I've only played Necromunda once, but in a campaign, you'll hardly get any creds due to your one piece of Territory yielding nothing, so i'd keep some spare.

warpscum
21-08-2006, 06:29
What about this list, then? It's not so many Members so hopefully I can hold it togeather.

Scavvies - 528 + 436: Credits (+36 In The Stash)
Boss
Cost: 157 Credits
Equipment: (Club), Sword (15), Autopistol(12)

Scaly #1
Cost: 156 Credits
Equipment: 2 Swords (30), Throwin Axe (6)

Scaly #2
Cost: 215 Credits
Equipment: Scatter Cannon (80), Sword (15)

4 Scavvies #1
Cost: 36 x 4: 144 Credits
Equipment: (Club), Blunderbuss (7), Pocker Full Of Nails (4)

3 Scavvie #2
Cost: 52 x 3: 156 Credits
Equipment: (Club), Autopistol(12), Sword (15)

1 Scavvie #3
Cost: 74x 1: 74 Credits
Equipment: (Club), Two Heads (25), 2 Autopistols (30)

1 Scavvie #3
Cost: 62x 1: 62 Credits
Equipment: (Club), Autopistol (12), Extra Arm (10), Sword (15)