15-08-2006, 17:21
im doing a sons of horus per herasy army and would love to know the real colour

i know false gods asy green but im sure they where black in epic space marine

can any on help

rick

Ophidicus
15-08-2006, 17:32
*Patpat*

Luna Wolves: Pale grey-green (GW rotting flesh seems pretty close)
Sons of Horus: Grey (Fortress is about the right tone)
Black Legion: Er, yeah. They're Chaos conveniently enough.

Lord Zarkov
15-08-2006, 20:04
Wrong, the Luna Wolves are while with black trim and the Sons of Horus are greyish green with black trim
Oddly enough on the Horus Heresy books they had SOH colours on the first book where they weren't SOH till the last chapter and LW colours on teh cover of the second book where they were SOH the whole way through

Edit: go here http://www.redelf.h1.ru/w40k/ia/w40k_ia_bl.html

Ophidicus
15-08-2006, 23:40
Oh, heh, fair enough then. Damn my weak memory, I shall know not to trust it in future. Yes, go there.

rickie8437
16-08-2006, 15:44
ive just found my box of space marine epic ed 1 and they are black with grey highlight so i think im going to do it that way

but thanks for your help

Chainsworded Codpiece
16-08-2006, 17:38
ive just found my box of space marine epic ed 1 and they are black with grey highlight so i think im going to do it that way
but thanks for your help

Yeah, back in the late '80's they were still seen as being blak blak blak all the time. And their Eye of Terra, which they called the Eye of Horus, often looked like the real-life Eye of Horus, at least on their banners.

I know that they've changed pretty considerably. On the other hand, the force you field could just be from the First Company, which, if I recall my Horus Rising correctly, was painted all-black as they were apart from the rest of the Legion, "...another, different, Black Legion..." Ooh, spooky:eek:

Also, IIRC from the same tome, a 'company" in the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus Legion was about 300 troops pre-Heresy. So you can go nuts with the numbers of squads.

rickie8437
17-08-2006, 06:58
it was only the elit of the first company le the tremmies and jump pack trrops that had black armour