PDA

View Full Version : 2k of Khorne

Asentaja
15-08-2006, 17:39
Here goes...

Chaos lord on dragon, with berserker sword, enchanted shield, amulet of chaos, mark of khorne
Points cost: 705

Aspiring champion, barded chaos steed, shield, halberld, collar of khorne, mark of khorne
Points cost: 162

Exalted daemon, mark of khorne, soul hunger, might of khorne
Points cost: 305

4 Chosen knights, standard bearer, musician, mark of khorne
Points cost: 205

14 Chaos warriors, shields, standard bearer, musician, mark of khorne
points cost: 273

20 marauders, shields, light armours, full command
points cost: 165

7 furies
points cost: 105

5 marauder horsemen with flails
points cost:75

The hero on steed goes with knights. The enemy has to shoot my dragon, daemon and knights, or will get punished. It also has to deal with furies in order to save his war machines.
Comments.

vampires are cool!
15-08-2006, 18:09
i'd drop the daemon and go for another unit of warriors, your lord will take most things himself, and if you see anything really hard then its best to charge with a unit
nice army though

TheWarSmith
15-08-2006, 20:42
wow, that's a very formidable khorne list. Get that dragon into combat ASAP to avoid warmachine fire. That kind of lord can rip through ranked infantry(even HE spearmen) with ease.

Beautiful looking list.

Latro
15-08-2006, 20:55
One minor problem though ... you're using 1 Lord and 4 Hero slots in your 2K list, which makes it illegal. Both the Dragon and the Daemon cost an additional Hero-slot.

:cool:

TheWarSmith
15-08-2006, 21:14
So remove the exalted champion and plug in more knights. Easier to get something through that way.

Asentaja
16-08-2006, 07:46
In fact I have 3 characters, using up 3 character slots. They also use up 1 lord slot and 4 hero slots. The system prevents me from taking a dragon lord, 2 champions and a daemon character because they would use 5 hero slots.

Character slots only restricts the actual number of characters.

Latro
16-08-2006, 08:18
In fact I have 3 characters, using up 3 character slots. They also use up 1 lord slot and 4 hero slots. The system prevents me from taking a dragon lord, 2 champions and a daemon character because they would use 5 hero slots.

Character slots only restricts the actual number of characters.

Nope, the reason for the additional slot-cost is to limit the number of characters you can take when chosing certain very powerful options ... like Dragon or Daemons (or both).

... you'll have to scrap a character I'm afraid.

:cool:

lorcan
16-08-2006, 08:25
As I understand in a 2k army you can only have 4 character slots i.e:1 lord slot & 3 hero slots or 4 hero slots. Therefore your characters take up a grand total of 5 hero slots so is deemed illegal. You will have to drop the Aspiring champion, to make your army legal.

Voltaire
16-08-2006, 08:34
Another good idea would be to get a second A.Champ instead of the daemon and give him the banner of Rage and stick him with the Warriors. Guarenteed relentless frenzy :-D

Azazel
04-09-2006, 01:44
Holy cow. A Dragon is generally considered a little over the top in a 2000 point army. And to take an Exaulted Daemon as well?

I usually run three units of 16 Chaos Warriors in my army. And it's really quite easy for one unit to go 'POOF' in one phase.

Four Chaos Knights? Three of them probably won't see Close Combat most games.

If you really like the idea of having a Dragon in your army (personally I think the Daemon Prince is a better deal) then ditch the Exaulted Daemon maybe a Champion and take another big unit of Chaos Warriors.

With another big unit your opponent will probably be less inclined to target your Knights since he has more options (your Frenzied Flyers will be hiding untill the time is right).

I'm not saying the list is total crap. You could win (or more importantly have fun) with it.

CrimsonFOX
04-09-2006, 03:22
I'm not saying the list is total crap. You could win (or more importantly have fun) with it.

He will have fun playing it, I don't think it'll be that fun for people playing against him even if they win. From one powergamer to another - this list is great for competitions, but if you want to play with your friends you need to tone it down, leave out the dragon, etc. or else you will rapidly find your friends not wanting to play warhammer for some odd reason... :)

Fair warning!

IkuTurso
04-09-2006, 10:20
I think you should drop the exalted deamon and upgrade aspiring into exalted champion and take another knight regiment.also I have a 20 strong marauder unit, and they have never done anything for me. so consider dropping them.

warlord hack'a
08-09-2006, 08:59
personally I would love to play against this list, but of course I would as your list screems "high armour save" and my list screams 'NO armour save allowed". But hey, not everyone has fanatics and such so yes you will definitely be a hard nut to crack for a lot of armies. Beware however of artillery or shooting armies as the dragon is large and therefor easy to hit (hey, even my gobbo spear chukka's will hit on a 4+ at long range)